Coffee Shop XXXVI-2/4/2013

Yep! That's me! Out of work comedian!
ROTFLMAO.gif
ROTFLMAO.gif

On a less-comical note, I spent another evening doing mundane but necessary work in the trainroom.

I finally finished assembling that fleet of Accurail Trailer-Train flatcars I've been working on. Got the semi trailers loaded, but I couldn't test-run the train - too much crap scattered all over the layout surface. So I did several other chores: Identified a half-dozen coal hoppers with duplicate road numbers, I corrected them; also removed and packed away 90% of my too-modern [for 1971] freight cars, including the double-stack well cars, enclosed auto racks, and Bethgons. Now I still have a bunch of CSX gondolas and cement hoppers, I need to back-date those with B&O or WM paint schemes. Gotta move quickly, before Spring weather actually arrives here in MD and I have to spend my Saturdays lawn mowing:eek:

Gonna be a cool one tonight. Weather guesser is talking about freezing so I'll have the heater on low. Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011444.jpg

On a less-comical note, I spent another evening doing mundane but necessary work in the trainroom.

I finally finished assembling that fleet of Accurail Trailer-Train flatcars I've been working on. Got the semi trailers loaded, but I couldn't test-run the train - too much crap scattered all over the layout surface. So I did several other chores: Identified a half-dozen coal hoppers with duplicate road numbers, I corrected them; also removed and packed away 90% of my too-modern [for 1971] freight cars, including the double-stack well cars, enclosed auto racks, and Bethgons. Now I still have a bunch of CSX gondolas and cement hoppers, I need to back-date those with B&O or WM paint schemes. Gotta move quickly, before Spring weather actually arrives here in MD and I have to spend my Saturdays lawn mowing:eek:

Do I have to come down there and clear the layout off ?? :rolleyes::D

Good morning. It's 33° with 88% humidity. The high will be 65°.
cond026.gif

I started typing this post at 5am. I'm usually a fairly fast typist but lately I've been having a hard time. I woke up about 3am feeling like crap and still feel like crap now. My vision isn't any better rather quite the opposite. I have the text on my screen set to something like 18 point so I can read it without straining my eyes too much. Both eyes are effected now. It feels like the aftermath of a visit to the vision clinic multiplied several times. The last time they were this bad was in the late 90's and I had a job then that required me to drive two hundred miles a day. I didn't have much choice in the matter. Most of that was in the early morning hours and on dirt roads mostly. It was a boring job but it had it's moments. One morning I found that I had a stowaway. There was a five foot snake in the car and it was right between my feet! I proved conclusively that you can still drive while tap dancing on a snake and running up the backrest of the drivers seat on the cheeks of your butt while cussing a blue streak all at the same time.

Well enough about that. It's taken me over an hour to put together this little bit and I have other things I need to do. I don't know if I'll do any layout work today.

DSCN2368.jpg

Good Morning

Weather here kinda dull...again....33F currently getting to 36F later this afternoon...yay....:rolleyes:

Getting a few things done later on today...hopefully can do this and not get sidetracked into other details..like I did a couple of days ago...:eek:

AND....we didst do an operating session yesterday and NO incidents, accidents, Broake & Howe people showed up!! YES!!!:D

Jeff: Better get that looked after...that does not sound good!!!:eek::eek:

So, on that note I'll say....have a good day, people!!!:cool:

... - too much crap scattered all over the layout surface. ...

Been there, done that, still there.

To top it off, our central air/heat system totally died the day before yesterday. Had a guy come out and look at it, and he said the system was too old to repair. This is the same system that was in the house when we bought it 22 years ago! It was a real good one! Only thing other than routine maintenance done to it was about 6 years ago, the original outside compressor unit died, and a friend replaced it with a new compressor for cost.

We spent a cool rather than cold night due to a kerosene heater and a small electric heater. Even though they were off last night, we did get the house warm enough for a comfortable sleep, but my hands are cold now. My garage has been open to the outside since 9:00 this morning, and I think its warmer outside than in here! The guys doing the install said in a couple of hours, we'll have our heat back!

Good afternoon folks

I am still kicking. I am just neck deep in club volleyball and college volleyball recruiting. We have had tournaments in Washington, DC and York, PA recently. This weekend is in Philadelphia, PA and next month is Manheim, PA. We visited a few colleges and have some more on our lists. The mailman can’t be liking my daughter with all the college brochures and packets he has been delivering. Her email account is as busy as 30th Street Station on the day before Thanksgiving.

On top of all this we are also trying to get my son ready to attend the Boy Scout Jamboree in West Virginia this summer. He has camping trips coming up and needs to get a couple of new uniforms. I have been running around the last few days trying to get his medical paperwork in order.

Someday I will get back to the modeling. Hopefully I will get a chance to drop in more often.

I hope everybody has a good day!

My eyes are still aching but nothing like they were this morning. My vision has cleared quite a bit also. The right eye is a clear as it's going to get but the left is still blurry and very light sensitive. It si however much clearer than it was this morning and I'm not having to depend so much on large print. Hopefully my vision will be back to normal by Sunday.

Time to call it a night here. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN3506.jpg

Carey - bummer about the HVAC!:( Oh well at least you don't need to worry about your water pipes freezing...

Jeff, glad to hear your eyes are improving.

Tom - welcome back!

Well, I got my wish..........I got laid off at the end of my Monday night shift (6:30 AM Tuesday morning), went to the Union hall and got dispatched to the refuel job at the nuke plant that I was hoping for. Started that this morning and I am laying in bed in the motel before going to sleep. Working the day shift until the outage starts on April 8th, then I will start one of two night shifts. One will start at 6:00 PM and the other will start at 9:00 PM. Hoping to get the 9:00 PM start because that will mean an extra 1/2 hour of overtime everyday because of the late start time. Oh well, I'll be happy either way. I would be even happier if the weather would start to warm up to somewhere near normal temps. Especially if I bring my camper up here. Hoping the campground opens next week as planned. Seems like a lot of hoping!:)

Back