The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very respectful of chain saws but not particularly afraid. I think the main problem is that many people do not understand the dynamics of the forces involved when wood is cut. The saw binds or kicks back when the wood puts pressure on it.

You guys are making me cringe with the talk of chainsaw accidents. I'm very respectful of them too, Chip. I know one thing, after a few hours of running a saw, I'm gonna feel it the next day. ;)

Good thing all the trees on our layouts only require an Xacto knife, or the occasional 4 inch razor saw ;)

Same with the roofs, I would imagine if I somehow fell of one of my N scale roofs, the building would have been flattened from the step up to the roof first :)

Still serving lunch? I'll have a burger...loaded, fries, and a large Pepsi.
I been tied up with the Air Conditioner man. Seems like its got a leak in the coils. Fortunately, my wife's cousin works for a AC supply house and can get me a set for wholesale. Looks like it will still cost me about $700 for the job. The darn unit is only 7 years old. I thought about waiting until Spring, but we will still have a need for it a while longer. Yeah, Snowbirds, it's still hot down here in Dixie. :D

Well, I got my Firefox browser working again for this forums reply box. I am not sure which option fixed it, but I set it to allow popups for this site and also allowed it to take software upgrades (??) from this site. Heck, I am not going to figure it out...'cause it ain't broke no more. :D (Strange that it worked fine for awhile and then went kaput.)

*Can anyone tell me how to post thumbnails for photos. All my stored railimages.com photos are web size, but seem kind of big on this forum. I really don't know what the rules are for this.

BMRR: Yes sir, I am very much a BAMA fan. You can't live in Tuscaloosa without being one. After Saturday's impressive win, I am very nervous about the rest of the season as we have had a tendancy to fall flat after such a victory. Regardless, I sure enjoyed eating all those delicious gator tails (Sorry GatorDave. Just had to say that:rolleyes:.)

rtraincollector:Wow! Didn't take you long to find out how sharp those saw teeth were, did it? I hope it will heal quickly so you can handle all the little bitties. I hate the blade guard on mine, but after my Father-in-law, a carpenter of many years, did the same thing...I'll keep it in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could answer that question Rex, I haven't figured out the thumbnail method yet :(

I was wondering if you guys when at work or even at home listen to RailRoadRadio.net? I have been for a while now, I find the dispatcher at this one, http://railroadradio.net/claremont.php to be a riot, he sounds like some surfer dude, has one of the most unique ways of dispatching, almost like he's singing. Reminds me of those traffic cops that have all those unique hand signals.

Well late afternoon, time for a break from a busy day. Time for a cuppa
wa.png
then get the pins moving again. Muggy kind of day, nice if youre sitting down but any excertion on ones part brings on the perspieration
Well On the road again, catch y'all this evening. Don't for get the photo contest
Camerasmiley.png
, just a fun thing no prizes but iff'n yuh wants we'll let you crow a bit
Daffy.gif
if you win :D

13.gif
Willis

Hey David, that is a fun link and thanks. The Dispatcher does have a unique way of getting out there. SURFS UP! Ha!

Re: Thumbnails

I think that's our most frequently asked question. :) There's a tutorial on photo uploading in the Forum Help topic at:

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2069

The short version is to choose "Go Advanced" from the bottom of the Quick Reply window. Type your message as usual, then scroll down to the "Manage Attachments" section and add your images.

There is a small glitch in the system, so in order to assure that multiple images show up in the order you uploaded them, hit the "Upload" button after each selection.

My oh my, 5 pages to catch up with since my last visit, this things movin on.
Talking power tools my chainsaw's coming out to play next week, a friend has two pine trees in her front garden wants them out so out they is coming. you can't do these things without the correct protective equipment, a guy in the UK last year cut his wifes head off by accident, she walked up to him as he swung around and that was that :eek:

I'm gonna stay nice and safe with just my drywall mud and tape for the next week or so...

But I do have a tree limb I need removed.

JeffShultz said:
I'm gonna stay nice and safe with just my drywall mud and tape for the next week or so...

But I do have a tree limb I need removed.

Let me get this straight. You've been playing with tape and mud and now you have to get a tree limb removed. From where?

I thin you have some splaining to do.

Taping and mudding drywall in the garage, turning it into a railroad room. Then I need to finish insulating it.

The tree limb hangs over the top of the garage, causing moss and other annoying things to grow on the roof. So I want to get rid of it.

Hi everyone, thought I would drop in for a cold glass of water.
Rex - You're right, it is still hot here in dixie, they say its going to cool off this weekend.
RT - Hope that thumb is getting better.
Jeffshultz - Drywall mud and tape, sounds like fun. [ done that back in my house building days ]
Ken - How is the layout coming along ?
Well I guess I had better go, getting time to hit the bed.
Have a great evening.

Stan.

Sabrina, I could sure use a limeade right about now...

Steve - I hope that's just an urban legend about that de-capitation... :eek:

Stan - The layout is creepin' along, just posted a bunch of pictures yesterday (guess you saw them). First on my list is to fill-in all the remaining roadbed gaps, then permanently fasten the track. After that, a coat of latex 'sub-scenery' colors (varied of course) to cover the plywood and the baby-blue styrofoam, then I can finally install the structures ...and trains! (I only wish I could get past this inertia...)

There is a GSMTS in Timonium this weekend, but I'm too broke to go there - it's torture seeing all that stuff I can't afford! Maybe I'll swing by Howard Zane's in the evening though, I never did see his Western Maryland empire.

Well guys got home tonight and being on putor has been lets say a challange. The phone works for about a minute or two then it doesn't for about 15 wsecs right now I'm trying to sign on again lol at first about 6 P.M. eastern time it was on for 15 seconds off for about 5 minutes so its getting better love living in the sticks lol

RT

Howdy Gang... *orders a coca-cola*

Well back from the LHS and an evening out with the OL. Had some good chinese food at a great place called P.F. Chang's... If you see one check it out if you got the time and money whew it was not cheap, but darned good.

Picked up a Mascot brand pin vise with four good chucks, a package of #18, #13 exacto blades, a 10 pc. set of fine diamond files, some of the Bar Mills instant weathering powders(finally!), the Nov. issue of Modle Railroader (looks pretty good so far), some dullcoat, a new bottle of reffer white (how do we use so much white??), a DPM Learner Kit, and the big find a copy of The Santa Fe Route: Railroads of Arizona vol 4. by David F. Myrick (been looking for this one ahh yes).

Now I'm home and the Ol and I are going to watch one of my favorite shows Kolchack: The Night Stalker, seems they released them on dvd yesterday and the OL surprised me with them, I am truely a lucky man..

Hope the rest of you had a good'un without too many animal attacks, power tool accidents, or long drops from high places...

*decides to stay in the helicopter while Jim approaches the chain saw*

Just a test checking to see if I get a thumbnail. Ok, I get it now. If you pull from your harddrive, you get a thumbnail instead the enlarged view with a linked picture. This was a visitors day at my layout. Left to right: Cjcrescent and William of the Birmingham Wrecking Crew, Grande man and LGM, myself. Thanks Lady Railfan.

Last edited by a moderator:
RexHea said:
Just a test checking to see if I get a thumbnail. Ok, I get it now. If you pull from your harddrive, you get a thumbnail instead the enlarged view with a linked picture. This was a visitors day at my layout. Left to right: Cjcrescent and William of the Birmingham Wrecking Crew, Grande man and LGM, myself. Thanks Lady Railfan.

Good grief! Was there a jail break or what!!! :D

RexHea said:
I should have said visiting day at the State Prison.

:D :D :D

We sure had a great time that day.

For those of you that don't know, Rex has a fantastic layout. It's getting better every day as more and more work is done. It was a treat to visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back