The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy everyone! I'm back for lunch. Sabrina, I'll have fries, a coke and a double hamburger, hold the mayo please. (watchin what I eat nowadays) :)

Well, it's been a slack day at work. I'm not complaining though. It's allowed me to hang out here all morning.

Rex, it sounds like you hit the gold mine of oakleaf hydrangea. My buddy Ray has been wanting to go on a trip around here to gather some. I told him we'd go soon. I look forward to seeing your heavily forested layout!You gonna be done anytime soon??? :D

CSX_road_slug said:
.... either here or on the 'layouts' forum (still not entirely familiar with how everything is laid out here).

This topic is the "off topic" topic. (confused yet?) What I mean by that is that it's the topic for chit-chat, saying hello, talking about last night's ball game or your new grandchild and just general chatter. Pretty much any subject is fair game, but we do ask that it be kept suited for all ages and no political or religious debates.

The reason this topic was created is that a few folks don't want to read humor or chitchat, they just want serious discussion. For those few folks who feel that way, they can just ignore the ANPL topic and that will avoid most of the off-topic stuff. For those of us with a sense of humor, it provides a gathering place to say hello and get to know one another.

As for any serious discussion of model railroading, please pick the topic you think best fits, and post it there. Often there's some overlap of possible topics, but don't worry, just pick the one you think works best. Usually that will be fine, if not one of the moderators will move it to another topic and let you know. (Nobody will yell at you either, so don't worry about picking the wrong one, it's not a problem!)

Ah, just got home after Dr appt's and my honey do items, which never seem to get done. I will take a nice cold cherry coke please.

So Grande Man, you must have one of those occupations that lets you work your MR interest without problems ;) When I worked at Cat here in Peoria, I was involved in internet related stuff so I was able to get my browser time okayed. I remember the kid next to me wasn't doing internet required work, but felt he could doa chat with some girl in Hong Kong, needless to say, he wasn't doing that for long, though he had the nerve to ask if he could login as me to chat with her...

Jeff your layout idea looks good, I like the long mainline running you have planned.

Everyone - thanks for the postive comments on my layout.

Ken - as for industries, they are varied. Off the top of my head I rattle of the following:

Lumber reloader: two locations, 3 tracks (centerbeams and hi-cubes)
Cannery: 1 track (corn syrup tanks)
Kraft paper sizing mill: 1 track (boxcars)
Agricultural bulk fertilizer: 1 track (covered hoppers, tanks)
Agricultural products (seed and fertilizer): 2 locations, 2 tracks (covered hoppers, tanks)
Cattle feed transshipers: 2 locations, 3 tracks (covered hoppers, boxcars)
Paper mill: 1 location, small yard (woodchip cars, boxcars)
Rock Quarry: 1 location, one track, off layout (hoppers)
Pepsi bottler: 1 location, 1 track (corn syrups tanks)
Egg farm: 1 location, single through siding (covered hoppers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon Gang... Well slept in late today was up all night with high wind shaking the house and some squirrels that decided to take refuge in the attic. Has anyone else noted the Wild Kingdom turn we've seem to have taken here.

I'll think I'll stay in the helicopter while Jim approaches the Rhino...

Anyway honey do list today includes moving furniture for her to vacuum under and watering the Hermies, and shopping for the new Garage Door.

Tomorrow is LHS day :D gotta find a decent pin vise that works don'tcha know.

My big news my baby brother who returned to us from Iraq after his service safe and sound got to be with his wife when the fruit they planted on his last leave bloomed..

Here is my new nephew Benjamin Jace and his proud Papa

Glad to hear your brother is home safe. Thank him for his service (for us) and congrats to you and he on the new addition.

Hello everyone, put your feet up Caludia i'll get the drinks in,
Just tidying up the railroad ready for the house extension, there will be copious amounts of dust so the BLI's and P2K's are taking a rest, as are most other models. Just got to cover everything in plastic when work starts. This has given me an excuse to sell one of my BLI loco's, an M1A, she will be missed, but with the other stuff i'm selling i can afford a new Diesel with QSI sound for my BN empire, just got to make up my mind what to buy. I love the sound of the BLI AC4400 but the era isn't right, the new P2K GP20 with QSI will fit in very nice though.
Jeff Nice track plan you have there
Kensay happy birthday to your wife from us,
Grandpa coyote my friend got back from Iraq not long ago to a new addition, fantastic stuff, congratulations.
See you all later

Steve B said:
I love the sound of the BLI AC4400 but the era isn't right, the new P2K GP20 with QSI will fit in very nice though.

Good afternoon, Steve. Let us know what you think of the GP20 if you buy one. We're waiting on one right now, CB&Q colors but no sound. Hopefully it'll show up soon.

Grandpa Coyote Does this squirell look like one of the trouble makers you had last night LOL.

squirell.png

RT

Evening all, Sabrina, Could I have a cold glass of water please ? Thought I would stop in for a minute. I finally got to set down, I've been wide open sense I got off from work. Looks like its been busy here in the coffee shop today.
Rex - I see you live in Tuscaloosa, you must be a CRIMSON TIDE fan. [ I hope so ]
ROLL TIDE !! Better go for now.
Everyone have a great evening.

Stan.

rtraincollector said:
Grandpa Coyote Does this squirell look like one of the trouble makers you had last night LOL.

squirell.png

RT

That's one of those musical squirrels! We have them around here, they play the harmonica all night. It gets real bad when they get about 3 of them together.

Is he the new house band at the coffe shop? I can see Friday night's getting kind of nutty :p

Were trying to teach him Train Train , By: blackfoot' Casey Jones By : Greatful Dead Choo Choo Train by The Boxtops (starting to show my age here ) Walbash Cannonball by ???LOL and a few others Last Train to clarksville by the Monkey's also.

RT

As long as he doesn't bring in Alvin and those other chipmunks.

whats the easiest way to get to the join page I stumbled across it when I joined
When you are not logged on or are not a member I believe the option is available on the INDEX page

13.gif
Willis

Sabrina, an iced latte please...

Hi clubbers,

I see RT, Stan, SteveB and a number of CoffeeShop folks from the Kalmbach side are here, have a round on me guys n' gals...

Coyote, congrats to your brother [and you] on his new family member! :) If your LHS budget can handle it, you might want to buy two pin vises. I've found that I'm always having to swap-out bits at the most inconvenient times, and my work speeds up immensely if I can just put one down and grab the other.

RT, how's that thumb doing - much better I hope?

Steve, Vicky says 'thanx' for the birthday greeting!

Jeff S - I suspected there was a paper mill somewhere in there, that's a signature industry in your region. I toured a paper mill in northwestern Pennsylvania in 1998 with the RRISIG...awesome facility, lots of inbound/outbound rail traffic!

Well I promised I'd post a few pics of my evolving layout [along with a track plan] and I've done that, but gawd it was alot more time-consuming than I expected! Anyway, here's the link to the topic:

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11355#post11355

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back