The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chip your crazy..lolol
The only cats I want to see are the ones I have. Did you at lease have a gun on you? I grew up in California where we had attacks often. I myself never seen one nor did I go looking for one.lololol

Can I get a sweet Ice tea Please.

Trainboy I was thing about going N scale but I have a 20X20 foot room. Thats alot of N scale so I went with HO. I still wish I would have went with N scale but the I like the detail of the HO. I have noticed that over the years they have gone along way with N scale. I just grew up with HO.

Talk to you later guys,
Cary

Hi all been a busy day shame it wasn't model railroading thou. Did get some suplies in for fixen trains lol (more work) Heres a train near duce and Dave j611 if he ever comes and joins and Myself its in Newport News, VA.
2756-1.png
Its a shame that there letting her just rot away as it apears vandels have done damage to the point they had to put the fence up around her Man I'd love to ride her in her day bet she was something to be behind the controlls to. Below is my Lionel 1931 prewar set 1 with a Lionel 262 heading it up

dd20c872.png

b5bcf823.png

79415d26.png

Yes I'm trying to build a layout around the room at about 7' mark. Did get a couple of cars twice in the pics but its really about 9 or 10 cars long after the tender.

Well all have a good evening

RT

Well L_R I thought since you were at the time the only waitress we had I would give you a promotion or was that one of the guys wearin a wig. LOL LOL

Well thought I would stop in and grab a quick bite to eat ;)

Got to go to a local railfan meeting tonight, they gave away some pictures from some guys collection, I grabbed up a bunch of rusty looking car shots, for some future weathering projects. They have this one guy that is a walking encyclopedia (sp) that can remember and name what each industry was doing for what ever year you asked about. I was amazed. He is a MR proto modelers dream for information.

Chip, I asked the girlfriend about the paint for the walls, she didn't remember what kind it was but said it was "crap" and ended up using a very glossy enamel paint and put it on thick. She said that stopped the seepage for here. Of course YMMV on what works. Doesn't Kilnz make sometype of water proofing paint or primer?

Any got to run, need to operate some trains, been away from them all day, I feel a little shakey ;)

Hey Willis, I can almost smell that good looking pot of Java. Ahh, heck...it's getting late. I better wait until the a.m.

Grande man: Are you going to the Steel City Division/Wrecking Crew show at the Bessemer Civic Center the 15th?

dthurman said:
Okay, I get the drift :)

Here in my area (Illinois) we pretty much had a dry summer, we had laid sod just before thedrought, and you can imagine our shock that all that work is now big brown rectangles :( and I almost thought I was in Death Valley, the ground got so dry that the sod was separating. It's expected to get about 75 here with 90's tomorrow. I will be glad for fall to set in, that and spring our my fav times of the year. BTW if any of you guys happens to know, what I need to do about my sod disaster I would sure like some tips.

Dave,
Unfortunately, all you may be able to do is replace sod. It is possible to get more sod (from the SAME dealer so you get the same stuff!) and sort of cut and past the bare spots. You will have to check some of the old sod pieces. If they haven't taken root yet, you might be able to pull them up and use them for plugs. Then put new strips where you took up the old ones. You can make it look good, but it's going to take some work and more money. If you water heavily, some of those browned out areas might green up. This info comes from a friend of mine who owns a landscaping business. He said he would try that first before having to replace the whole lawn.

My brother, who lives north of Champaign, just put sod in about a month ago. He has watered like crazy and, so far, is staying ahead of the game. He's had more rain than we have had near St. Louis.

We had some almost fall weather for our yard sale last Saturday. Sold a bunch of old household stuff, but still have 6 storage containers of stuff left. Nothing good enough to put on eBay, so we might have another yard sale later this month. We'll move it to a friends' house in another town to get a change of customers. After that, I guess it's off to Goodwill! BTW, no trains were harmed in the yard sale!

See if those sod suggestions will help. That stuff's expensive. Almost like having to replace your engine roster! Good luck with it.

Darrell, grassily quiet...for now

Thanks Darrell. I was afraid that we may have to replace sections. If we would have had a wet summer like in the past, I think we would have been okay. We watered the heck out of it, but my doctor who raises roses said that city water is what you use to keep it alive, if possible, he said the chlorine and other chemicals in city water is just as bad as no water at times, but real rain will make it grow. I think I will take a look tomorrow and see if they did root, I am hoping it just went dormant because of the drought.

Yes, Dave, let's hope so.

Don't know how to easily get around the chlorinated city water. Guess you could just use bottled water! LOL (Mental picture of Dave, kneeling in the grass, slowly pouring water from thousands of 1/2 liter bottles! Wow! What a rush!)

BTW, all. Thanks to the forum for inviting all these nice people. Hope they will spend time with us and not abandon the Trains.com site.

And since I have the podium, I might as well pony up the the register and buy a round of whatever everyone wants. I didn't post much in the old coffee shop, but I tried to keep up with the thread. (No, I didn't go back and start at the beginning! Just caught up with it around page 699!)

Darrell, magnanimously quiet...for now

I have been bouncing between both here and MR, but I have to say, I am liking this place much better. I haven't even hit the n scale section here yet. Plus with Joe doing the clinic here, it gives a nice fresh start on it. I need to get Fundy Northern to post his photo clinic. Me thinks I will email him tomorrow ;)

Darrell, thanks for the round, next time it's on me, it's only vapormoney LOL

I'd like a mug of tea - English Breakfast if you please and strong!

My Delaware & Hudson Adirondack Branch got invaded by a giant rodent, It looked like a chipmonk on steroids and it was being chased by an even bigger black panther
Maxthecat.png

I finally caught it with fishing net and release it outside, had to lock up the cat for 10 minutes though. Except for a few trees there were no casualties on the railroad.

O dear, modelmaker, I'm crackin up laughing, what a story, tree, monk, cat, fishing net, and the most intelligent species(sp)chasing them all!!!!!! :eek: :eek:
Dtherman, I think this site is even more addictive than MR. I'm going to check out the N stuff too, tomorrow, since I'll be at uni, I don't have to pay for the download, and I can watch everything that's there(hope it's not an empty box lol), and not get disturbed by anybody!! i think a peppermint tea will do me, since it's almost time for the sack to hit the head, oop, the other way round. ;) DD

Morning all! I'm trying to get awake, that seemed like a short night's sleep...

Anyway, Miss (did we ever find out her name???), I'll have two eggs scrambled, hashbrowns, toast and a large coffee. What the heck, I might not be a morning person, but I am a breakfast lover. ;)

Rex, we're going to the show but, unfortunately, it'll have to be on Sunday afteernoon this year. LGM is in the District Ranger of the year competition (Royal Rangers, church based scouting group) on Saturday.

grande man said:
...Anyway, Miss (did we ever find out her name???), I'll have two eggs scrambled, hashbrowns, toast and a large coffee...

I think I saw "Sabrina" on her name tag...

Coffee, a Western omelet and a large OJ for me please!

Good morning to all in the states, not sure what time it is elsewhere. Must be something in the air this morning, I about over slept on getting Troy off to school, I am moving like I was hit by a bus :O stiff and tired. Better pour my self a LARGE coffee or I will be back in bed. Going to be a hot one here today, must be that green house they keep talking about, never understood why the color of a house would cause things to get hot out, but what do I know, I just model trains ;)

Well off to get about a dozen honey-do's done and see the doc.

Good Morning to All from the great white North. Looks like another hot day ahead, Oct. no sign of frost yet and the flowers are still blooming. I'll just have my coffee,
coffee6.gif
can't take tea for the morning but afternoon it's tea from then on.
y'all have a great day
13.gif
Willis

CBCNSfan said:
Good Morning to All from the great white North. Looks like another hot day ahead, Oct. no sign of frost yet and the flowers are still blooming. I'll just have my coffee,
coffee6.gif
can't take tea for the morning but afternoon it's tea from then on.
y'all have a great day
13.gif
Willis

Good morning, Willis.

Man we ain't even thinking of frost down here. Mid to upper 80's are forecast again today.

Warm weather is a great time to work on the RR. Our basement is forcast to be about 70 degrees F. ;)

Ahhh. My compliments to --- Sabrina is it? --- coffee's great this morning. :)Lucky's in his usual morning spot under the other computer desk, keeping me company while I decide what kind of mischief to get into today. Y'all have a great day, and I'll see you later.

JeffShultz said:
Good morning ya'll. The weather is improving here, and I spent much time putting the final touches on a layout plan that definitely has potential to be the one I build. I'm still doing some industry tweaking and whatnot, but this one is close.
The semi-full story of how it got to that point can be found at http://mymemoirs.net/model-trains/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=159
Jeff, nice track plan! I read your 'blog and found that your story is similar to mine: I salvaged part of the layout I had in my old house and made it the center 'peninsula' of the new one I am building in my converted 2-car garage. Had to do some major upgrades to get decent climate control. I'll snap a few images later of it this evening and post them, either here or on the 'layouts' forum (still not entirely familiar with how everything is laid out here).

BTW What type of industries will you have?

Good morning all. I have had my wake up cups, but sure need a relaxing one now. I had to do some outside chores before it got hot and knew not to get on here until I finished.

Grande man, I went out before the ball game Saturday morning and got two very large trash bags full of Oakleaf Hydrangea blooms. You are more than welcome to come down and make trees (Better bring a sleeping bag, food, water, ha!).

LadyRailfan, Lucky is a fine looking computer buddy.
Jeff, I really like your track plan. I particularly like the main yard on a pennisula.

Ken, Like you, I am still looking for all the buttons. Posting a linked picture is the same as the Trains forum.

CU all later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back