The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry

When you get done, I need you over at my place. My girlfriend is a Tim The Toolman sibling, she has ripped out more walls in our home then I care to think about. I told if she had her way, we would be living in just a frame house. Nice work.

Well looks like everyone is out back getting autographs from the Squirrel. I always miss the good stuff.

Well I think I will sneak over to the fridge and see if there is any Cookie Dough Ice Cream. (looks both ways) and see you guys in the morning.

Ok, I give up. How do you post photos using the thumbnails that I see in other post.

Also, I have a wierd problem with my Firefox browser. It doesn't want to let me post in the enhanced mode and I can't use any of the radio buttons in any mode. It was working fine earlier today. I also tried Internet Explorer and it worked fine.

??

i,ll have a O.J i got a half hour till i get out of work so i just cam in to say

have a grate day all :D

grande man said:
Glad to hear your brother is home safe. Thank him for his service (for us) and congrats to you and he on the new addition.

I too would like to offer up thanks and congratulations on a job well done and
healthy additions to the family.

Oh, and a large Tim Horton's double double to go please!
Just got home from another 12 hour shift and have to drive the kiddies to school and then run a errand or two before getting some sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
RT, how's that thumb doing - much better I hope?
Well scince you asked I haven't gotten back to use the table saw again yet as its still bandaged but its seem to be doing fine the doc said I'll probally have it bandage for about a month as it has to grow some skin back where I sawed it out .

For you all that don't know I had an arguement with my table saw and it one it jut my thumb basicly from the top to the bottom just shy of the bone and just missing anything important in there somehow. That was a week ago this evening about 11 hours from now.

NS.png

RT

Never argue with table saws or wood chisels they always win. I severed a tendon in my left thumb 18 months ago with a wood chisel and I will not be able to form a true fist with my left hand ever again. Also the left hand does not have the strength it once had, dead nerves so when you do hit it with a hammer or gouge it with a screw driver you dont know it until you see the blood dripping.

I haven't had an argument with a saw since one backed up my leg working on a roof about 25 years ago. But got my had caught in a belt sander last year.

My finger is smooooooooooth. [:D]

Morning all! Sabrina, I'll do the waffles, bacon and coffee thing today, please.

Power tool mishaps eh? Sounds kinda gnarly. :eek:

Anyway, today's a new day, what should we do on the RR? Oh yeah, uh, almost forgot, I better get to work and keep the boss happy... :)

Later for now. Ya'll have a great day!!!

Good morning all! I remember my roofing days, fell off a nice flat roof on to my truck's ladder rack, ended up in the hospital for 3 days with a collapsed lung, not fun stuff. Think I will stay on firm ground and avoid all those sudden stops.

Speaking of firm ground, think I better get outside and cut the grass before we get our 88º muggy temps.

dthurman said:
Good morning all! I remember my roofing days, fell off a nice flat roof on to my truck's ladder rack, ended up in the hospital for 3 days with a collapsed lung, not fun stuff. Think I will stay on firm ground and avoid all those sudden stops.

Speaking of firm ground, think I better get outside and cut the grass before we get our 88º muggy temps.

Oh man, I get the heebee geebees thinking about that. I was building an over water deck and backed off and hit the rocks (low tide) Missed a couple weeks with sprained ankle--I was distracted, my wife asked for a divorce that morning.

That was the definition of adding injury to insult.

You know, that was the same thing that happened to me, a girl I was seeing had just that morning told me she was moving out, over a small spat we had, I too was thinking of other things instead of my own safety. Sad part was this "girl" never came to the hospital to see me, but wanted to still work things out. They say it's not the fall that hurts, but that sudden stop ;)

Just goes to show, women and construction don't mix. They'll get you killed.

So if you know a woman, back away from the power tools and stay off of high places.

(It also explains why constructions workers think cat calls are a good way to attrack a woman.)

Sabrina, I'll have a large coffee and 2 eggs fried over easy...

So, power tools are the topic of the day? Well I can tell you about one I'll NEVER use: a chain saw. My wife [who works in the medical profession] is always telling me about treating guys who were cutting tree limbs, then hit some type of obstruction that caused the chain to brush against them for a split-second and turned their forearm into hamburger...! :eek: That's one type of work I'll always contract-out to professionals.

Well the funny thing in my latest/newest/permanent girlfriend soon to be wife, is, SHE uses the power tools and I stay away ;) I cringe everytime she powers up the circular saw.

CSX_road_slug said:
Sabrina, I'll have a large coffee and 2 eggs fried over easy...

So, power tools are the topic of the day? Well I can tell you about one I'll NEVER use: a chain saw. My wife [who works in the medical profession] is always telling me about treating guys who were cutting tree limbs, then hit some type of obstruction that caused the chain to brush against them for a split-second and turned their forearm into hamburger...! :eek: That's one type of work I'll always contract-out to professionals.

Interesting you bring up chainsaws, they said that most emergency room calls they have during hurricane recover is chainsaw injuries, and it's usually the left leg or thigh I think is what I heard. Chainsaws are one power tool I am very nervous around. I have never liked them.

dthurman said:
Interesting you bring up chainsaws, ... and it's usually the left leg or thigh I think is what I heard...
You're probably right Dave, I'm remebering a specific incident where the chain came apart and 'whiplashed' the hapless operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back