The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mountain lions! Wow! We have had rumors of small bobcats in Illinois. About the wildest beast I get to see are squirrels and chipmunks. The dog is partial to chipmunks, has actually caught quite a few in mid air as they jump. Now a bob or mountain cat, I jope he knows when he's matched. Do these cat's attack dogs, or people?

Not usually. Coyotes are a bigger problem. Will call a dog out run him to exaustion and pack him. Coyotes will attack infants. Cats are shy of humans. Every once in a while one is spotted in a residential area, but I don't recall any unprovoked attacks. Of course, I haven't been in So Cal for 15 years.

SpaceMouse said:
Not usually. Coyotes are a bigger problem. Will call a dog out run him to exaustion and pack him. Coyotes will attack infants. Cats are shy of humans. Every once in a while one is spotted in a residential area, but I don't recall any unprovoked attacks. Of course, I haven't been in So Cal for 15 years.

We have a lot of coyotes around here. Call out a dog, you mean they somehow bait them out? Hmm. I have persoanlly only seen 2 in our area, seen more fox (sp on plural) then coyotes. Hey no offense Gandpa Coyote ;)

dthurman said:
We have a lot of coyotes around here. Call out a dog, you mean they somehow bait them out? Hmm. I have persoanlly only seen 2 in our area, seen more fox (sp on plural) then coyotes. Hey no offense Gandpa Coyote ;)

That's exactly what they do.

Good afternoon everyone...I'll have mine black, please.
I am also new to the Coffee Shop idea, but hopefully I will be able to keep track of this one. The MR Mag Coffee Shop was a bit too large for me to follow on a regular basis.

Thanks Grande man for getting me over here to this forum...even though you had a bit of help :D. Looks like the weather men were correct for the high temp of 88 in T-town so far, but there are several daylight hours left. They are saying we should have 70's by the end of the week.

Well, time to get out of here. I had been busy planting trees on Sawmill Ridge and then checked my email for the registration. Yup! That's right! I have been here since...about 1.5 hours.

CU Later

Hello Gents, fancy joining me in a "Bottle "O" Dog",,, if you have never been to Newcastle in the UK it's a bottle of the brown stuff, "Newcastle Brown Ale" the king of all ale's. Anyway glad to see you all in the new coffee shop
Chip we don't have anything like bob cats or coyotes here, just daft squirrels, there are supposed to be wild cats like panthers loose in Devon on Dartmoor, sheep body's have been found with very big claw and teeth marks in them and several people have been attacked by black cats which they say were panthers, one guy got a video clip of one that was over a mile from him, some say it was a domestic cat but others say the tail was way to long to be a domestic cat, but who knows
catch you later guys

Does this place have AC? Cause my parents houses don't :( ... I knew I shoulda stayed in SD! anyways, Frappachio's available here?

Steve B said:
Chip we don't have anything like bob cats or coyotes here, just daft squirrels, there are supposed to be wild cats like panthers loose in Devon on Dartmoor, sheep body's have been found with very big claw and teeth marks in them and several people have been attacked by black cats which they say were panthers, one guy got a video clip of one that was over a mile from him, some say it was a domestic cat but others say the tail was way to long to be a domestic cat, but who knows
catch you later guys

Daft squirrels. I got bit by a daft squirril when I was yonker. Of course, the squirril was only daft because there were a bunch of us chasing him through an orchard and the farmer didn't want him there. Everyone had gloves but me.

dthurman said:

None Taken ;)

Well a good afternoon fellow expatriated Coffee Clubbers how goes the new place. *nods over to the new girl and orders a cuppa Earl Gray*

Well its a quiet day here, OL still asleep after her brutal weekend shifts with the broker.
On thsiw eeks table is hopefully getting the Garage Door fixed so I can finally start to clean it out and start the train room, of course because we got the money together to do this some plumbing has decided to go wonkey in an attempt to take the Garage Door money from the garage door.. I have a very jealous house it seems. Out side of that and a planned stop at the LHS on weds not much is bubbling here.

Hope you and yours are all well and safe

RexHea said:
Good afternoon everyone...I'll have mine black, please.
I am also new to the Coffee Shop idea, but hopefully I will be able to keep track of this one. The MR Mag Coffee Shop was a bit too large for me to follow on a regular basis.

Thanks Grande man for getting me over here to this forum...even though you had a bit of help :D. Looks like the weather men were correct for the high temp of 88 in T-town so far, but there are several daylight hours left. They are saying we should have 70's by the end of the week.

Well, time to get out of here. I had been busy planting trees on Sawmill Ridge and then checked my email for the registration. Yup! That's right! I have been here since...about 1.5 hours.

CU Later

Imagine meeting you here. Welcome to the forum, Rex!

SpaceMouse said:
JD,
Near you is (or was) a cable cart that was a hoot to ride. I don't know how to explain the location except from the 5 you get off at Frasier Park, head west, take the frontage road back a ways then hike offroad. Any chance you know what the heck I'm talking about?

Chip,
I am not familiar with it, although it sounds like it would be fun. I guess I'll have to do some looking around one of these days. The problem is, there's about twenty miles of frontage road in the area. Finding where to start hiking is likely to be quite a chore! :eek:

Good afternoon/evening to all. Started the morning off with good old Coca-Cola. Now that work's done for today, it's time for an adult libation!

I believe you can use a product called "Shur-lock" or something of that spelling to seal cinder/concrete block. Check with your local building supply/paint store.

Here in the Omaha metro, there have been reported sightings of a mountain lion (puma). Sounds a bit far fetched, however it was just about a year ago that there was indeed a puma captured in about the same area!

Have a great evening!! Ed

SpaceMouse said:
Anyone know how to seal cynderblocks from moisture so they can be painted?
Drylock. It's available at Lowe's or Home Depot or any hardware place really. Just paint it on the cinderblocks. It goes on thick and seals all the little pores in the block...works great, and leaves a smooth(er) surface you can either paint or just leave it white.

---

Well, I'm not into coffee, but I'll take a glass of iced-tea (it's not supposed to be in the 80s in October!). I glanced at the coffee shop thread on MR, but 600+ pages is a bit too much for one sitting :rolleyes: . Looks like this one will be just as long...didn't take you guys long to fill up 4 pages :eek:

Not quite a cat, but on a similar note, we had a black bear in out yard this summer. Our neighbor spotted it...something must have spooked it, as it was making a bee-line for the ridge. I also scared a deer out of the back yard this morning on my way to the bus stop. Always nice to wake up to those sort of things...makes you say "I love living in the country."

Now that our membership has doubled (or at least it seams like it) there are almost too many new posts to read. I'm not complaining by any means, I'm glad to see this site get the traffic it deserves, I'm just wondering if I'll be able to keep up with everything.

Speaking of which, unless anybody is interested in helping with some AP Euro homework ( :( ), I'd better be on the run...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

I've spent my share of time in the "old" Coffee Shop but Stan [BMRR] suggested I stop in here. Glad I did, I see a few familiar faces and alot of NEW ones. I won't be able to stay very long since it is my wife's B-day and I'm supposed to take her out to dinner at 6:00.

Quick question: Anybody know the names of the waitresses here? [On the "other side" we have Chloe, Zoe, and Janie.]

So we're talking about meat-eating animals, eh? The only ones I've seen in my yard [so far] are red foxes. With all these new housing developments springing up like weeds in my area, the only things keeping the deer population in check are automobiles.

Why not start a new coffee shop each day that way you won't get bogged down with a lot of old posts.
We have had a virtual club car here for years. Mushroom2 (Ed) is our official taster so if it has Ed's approval it is ok to eat or drink(he ain't died of eating or drinking in here yet). The only meats allowed in the club car are road kill and we make our own root beer by the tank car full. We only use the finest of ingredients well actully we use what ever is available. It has been know to have, well I wont go into what we have used in the past but it sure do pack a whallop. Our head waitress is Lady_Railfan and she is quite the waitress indeed. She keeps us all in line and out of trouble unless she is the instigator.
It sure is nice to see a lot of new faces around these parts we are indeed grateful you all have stopped by and hope you stay fer a long time.

Our head waitress is Lady_Railfan and she is quite the waitress indeed. She keeps us all in line and out of trouble unless she is the instigator.
Hey! I'm the Cheerleader and House Mother! When did I get promoted to head waitress, too??? I'd better meet Chloe, Zoe and Janie...

leghome said:
Our head waitress is Lady_Railfan and she is quite the waitress indeed. She keeps us all in line and out of trouble unless she is the instigator.

Nnnnnooooo! Don't want to start a fight in the coffee shop :D , but LRF is is an Icon around here. We need to name someone else as head waitress. Heck, if the tips were enough to feed our hobby shop addiction, I'd take the job.

I'd better meet Chloe, Zoe and Janie...
Hmm! family forum guess I'd better not bring them in :D Well I belive I'll join you folks with a cuppa
pubimage.gif
and I guess I'll spring for the pot since I has a spare one
Tims.png
maybe some one will make a fresh one in the morning.
It's been a fun weekend Thanks everyone.

13.gif
Willis

If this coffee shop gets as busy as the " other " coffee shop we're going to need a good waitress. How about it Lady_Railfan ?

Stan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back