The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All new page, My Round folks
Ken the guy actually did chop of his wifes head by accident with the chain saw, the poor guy was horrified, it was a complete accident.
Tom stick with the Maine coons, i would not like to tackle a mountain lion, not even a tame hand reared one. a work friend has a pair of Maine coons and some other breed that looks like a big cushion with legs, his cats are expert Koi Carp catchers, he (used) to keep a nice selection of them till about three years ago, say hello to the cats for me.
Grande man i am going to order the P2k GP20 with sound this week, should be good fun
NZRmac Welcome into the coffee shop Ken

just received the Mehano train set for my 3yr old boys christmas present, it's got a French SNCF diesel loco, an ATSF flat with two 20' containers, a German auto carrier with cars on and a gondola with log load, you also get a loop of track with two turnouts, a vac formed plastic terain moulding you paint and scenic with the included statick grass, ballast, various other bags of green foliage, you also get a tower crane kit, card building kits including a castle, houses, shop, petrol station and church, not bad for £29 or about $50, it's a bit mixed up but is a lot cheaper than other sets on the market.
Have a great day

Steve B said:
Grande man i am going to order the P2k GP20 with sound this week, should be good fun

Let me know how you like it. I wish the one we have coming had sound. Heck, at this point, I just wish it would show up. :)

We got our Stewart FT's today!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Steve - looks like your 3yr-old is gonna have a Christmas to remember! :cool:

While we're on the topic of GP20's: They're turbocharged, right? So they 'whoosh-and-whine' rather than 'growl' when they are in 8th-notch?

Question for Jeff S: Your Willamette & Pacific locos look alot like the Buffalo & Pittsburgh units I've seen in Western PA. Does the same 'parent' company own both rail lines?

Evening all been having fun today NOT!!!. Well it all started yesterday went to the tractor to go disk the field not to be the left rear tire flatter than a fritter. Well got it repaired and finally got it on today and them things age not light about 500LBS not sure what that is in metric mesurements. 400LBS is water/antifreeze in the tire for weight. then about 2-3 hours into that boss comes gets me to go get the honey truckseptic pump truck) to empty a tank in the trailor park that isn't running correct. Just been real fun but on the bright side thumb is coming along fine and supose to get stiches out tuesday. Listing another train set (lionel) into my store whileI'm talking to you all

RT

Ohmigod!

It took me almost an HOUR to get caught up!

I frequent this forum, Trains.com forum and the N Scale discussion group on eBay, plus I am a member on three others. This is time consuming!

Musical squirrels, mountain lions, chain saw massacres, roof-top diving! What have we gotten into? You all need to slow down and smell the coffee.........LOL

Gotta run, it's almost dinner time. Try not to talk too much in my absence.....LOL

Darrell, quiet...for now (Get the hint?)

N Scale discussion group on eBay,
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Thought that was an auction site. :eek:

13.gif
Willis

Guess its time for me to fall in here. Cup o' joe please...oh wait already got one. (When do I not Eric?) :D
Been readin' the past few pages and first I apologize about names. I can't 'member my own sometimes. :eek: All this talk about chainsaws & pumas sure brought back some memories. I gotta tell these stories,(sits down, puts feet up).

I used to live in Mobile and next to trains my second love is fishin'. Now anyone familiar with the Mobile area knows we have the largest un spoiled delta in the USA there.(Its true). Lots of cypress, live oak massive hardwoods, pines etc. Very much wilderness. I was fishing the Upper Tensaw River there one day, and had gone so far up river they had to pipe daylight in. I knew I was getting toward the end of the river, cause it was down to less than 10 yards wide and had more loops and curls in it than a snake running from an eagle. The trees overhung the river so far that there really wasn't any pure sunlight. Just a lazy day on the river for me.
Now I'm using my trolling motor to move up the river and as I go around this bend, there sitting on the bank, getting a drink of water was a small, (but looked big to me) black bear.He looked at me, licked his lips and walked off. I moved as far away from him as possible and moved on up river. I go around the next bend and sitting there is a HUGE, and I mean HUGE cougar. Absolutely beautiful animal!!!! I debated on staying where I was but decided he couldn't get to me very easily so I moved on past him. He definitely didn't notice me until I was almost past him. He hunked down and put his ears back and howled! The only thing I can say is it sounded almost like a very bass voiced woman screaming. The color was a tawny grey and he had a tail that looked about twice as long as he was. I was talking to a biology prof from the university there a few days afterwards and he says that there are at least 50 still in the delta. Most had lost their fear of man and had been known to tear up some of the smaller livestock on the edges of the upper delta forrest.

As to chainsaws and hurricanes. I was the OR supervisor on 11-7 from 1979, until 1989 there in Mobile. Right after Hurricane Frederic in 1979 we all worked overtime to allow everyone an extra day or two off to get damage corrected after the 'cane. Many a night I came to work and we'd have two or three chainsaw injuries waiting to be sewn up. I got tired of seeing those injuries. Most injuries are due to operator error and not mechanical problems. Amateurs trying to do a professionals job. To this day I don't own a chainsaw.

Well time to get back to the old pot. Yall have fun now ya'heah!

Carey, that cat story makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up! Ain't that what they make shotguns for??? :D

Well, that's decided. I may need to cut a limb off a tree, but I don't think I'll be using a chain saw to do it...

The last time I used a chainsaw in a tree, and the safety chain brake was broken, and I fell, well I don't even want to think about it

13.gif
Willis

Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys. Tomorrow, I'm going to set the Paasche up and experiment on my track cleaning car. Here I am set in the 1940's, and what do I have for a track cleaning car? You guessed it, a green BURLINGTON NORTHERN extra-height boxcar with spinning pads. Yah, looks really AUTHENTIC being pushed by my 2-10-2, LOL! Anyway, if I can at least get it a sort of rusty box-car red and kind of 'dusted' up, maybe my rivet-counting friends will stop laughing so hard everytime I bring out the work train, eh?
If I haven't blown up the garage tomorrow, I'll report on the progress. Maybe take a picture.
Tom
113475897.jpg

Jeff, we have the TZPR and the IM both are subsidiaries of G&W, TZPR used to be the Peoria & Pekin Union and the IM was the Chicago & Illinois Midland. Both are pretty healthy railroads around here.

Tom, I think you will find it pretty easy and fun, sort of how you tamed that camera.

Well I am off to eat a quick bite and climd into bed, the girlfriend said since the temp has dropped she needs the bed warmer turned on earlier, so I have to be out of the basement by 11:00, uh-oh, I am 30 minutes late.

It's really great to see so many of the MR forums gang hanging and staying here. Plus there are some pretty sharp modelers already here.

Later, last one to leave the shop, make sure you have the pot ready for the morning. None of that stale left over coffee now :)

Morning all, thought I would stop in on my way to work. Sabrina, I'll take a coffee to go please. TGIF. Guess I'd better go.
Everyone have a great day.

Stan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back