Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

My right shoulder is incredibly sore, right now. This morning, I did a few sets with 10 lb dumb bells......did not over do, so it cannot be that. Later in the day, I changed the laundry room florescent, again nothing to that. Then I painted the baseboards and trim in the upstairs hall, where I painted the walls and ceiling last week. My right arm was above my head, for quite a while, so that must be it. Might be time to call the orthopedic Doc, I have a referral to.

You know not to do that again.

That start screen looks just like my HP Win8 PC starting up. Got no problem with the PC but how I hate Win8.

That's because it is windows 8-- for tablets. It is called windows rt.
A tablet is really what windows 8 was intended for. Too bad they put it on everything else. I handed the surface to my wife, and she loved it. It was almost two weeks before she found out what the operating system was.

No chance of seeing anything tonight. Way too cloudy and a 40% chance of thunderstorms. Nothing additional to report so I'll be calling it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN1223.jpg

DSCN1182.jpg

DSCN6449.jpg

POUR_COFFEE1-Copy.png

Good Morning!

It's Tue 8/26/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Scattered showers with a high of 88. Off to Kokomo and the bank today.

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning. It's 73° with 100% humidity. The high will be 92°. Cloudy with a small chance of rain.
condmc-1.jpg
with
cond20.jpg

Got a doc appointment to go to this morning then lunch with my father at at Fox's Pizza Den. Then to Wal-Mart to advise him on which tablet he may want to get. Nothing hard today.

DSCN1176.jpg

Howdy! Been up for about 4 hours. Had to get the recycs and garbage out. Then make a fresh potta go juice. Good thing Bill had the pot ready. Thanks Mr. T.
Its 9:40 and the temp already at 84. Guessers think it will get to 94 with index near 100. Think I'll stay inside. Scattered t boomers in p.m.
Y'all stay safe.
Flip

My father and I went to look at tablets and laptops today. He couldn't get a good one cheap and couldn't find a cheap one that would do what he wanted easily so he did his best imitation of scrooge and didn't get anything. He thinks he'll be able to do all his bank business via cell phone while he's traveling. Has he got a shock coming. On my way home I took the truck to the Pro Oil Exchange and had the engine oil and filter changed out. Guy working underneath said the filter beat Methuselah by several years! I can believe it. The truck had sat up in my fathers yard for at least that long. They couldn't change out the transmission filter as they were too busy so I took it to Master Lube and had them do it. All told it cost me $160. Money well spent as I see it.

Evening All,

I did not expect to be online tonight but let me tell you about a great last day. I was asked to come in a hour early today. When I got to work a bunch of co-workers had arranged for me to have a private ride on the WDW MK steam locomotive. I spent around 30 minutes talking to the engineers about the controls and running the loco (diesel fired boiler to make steam) and rode around MK with my friends.

After that a friend gave me a large container of Chicken Parmesan that his wife made for me (excellent tasting). I ran a couple of calls and my supervisor asked me on the radio when I would be back in quarters. When I walked in there was the Chief and his command staff. The chief presented me with a type of shadow box. My partner then produced a chocolate cake. The Chief then asked when was the end of the shift and I said 2130 and he said no you are off at 1700 with pay until 2130.

When I got to my car there were about 20 people waiting on me to say good by.

So I had a great day. My retirement party is a week Thursday and it sounds like the entire team I work with will be there. It has been a very emotional day.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Good evening. It's clear and 82.
Today hasn't been the best, as far as money and other news. First, we had to have a plumber come to the house and replumb the sprinkler system in the garage. The sprinklers go over the car, and activate if it catches fire. Next, the plumber had to clean the drains to the bathroom, and replumb the drain in the tub, which was leaking. Next, I got notice my health insurance premiums are increasing 105% beginning September 1. Last, I found out one of my two LHS's has gone out of business.
I hope that's all for today, but the day ain't over 'till the fat lady sings.

It's awesome when you feel like your co-workers know you well enough to give you a send-off like that!

Evening All,

I did not expect to be online tonight but let me tell you about a great last day. I was asked to come in a hour early today. When I got to work a bunch of co-workers had arranged for me to have a private ride on the WDW MK steam locomotive. I spent around 30 minutes talking to the engineers about the controls and running the loco (diesel fired boiler to make steam) and rode around MK with my friends.

After that a friend gave me a large container of Chicken Parmesan that his wife made for me (excellent tasting). I ran a couple of calls and my supervisor asked me on the radio when I would be back in quarters. When I walked in there was the Chief and his command staff. The chief presented me with a type of shadow box. My partner then produced a chocolate cake. The Chief then asked when was the end of the shift and I said 2130 and he said no you are off at 1700 with pay until 2130.

When I got to my car there were about 20 people waiting on me to say good by.

So I had a great day. My retirement party is a week Thursday and it sounds like the entire team I work with will be there. It has been a very emotional day.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Good evening. It's warm and sunny here in central MD, was a quite a bit hotter when I first got home this afternoon. I closed all my windows and turned on the A/C, but when I stepped outside I noticed the compressor was silent. WTF!? I checked all the thermostat settings and the breaker panel and found nothing out of the ordinary. I was planning to place a service call immediately after taking my trash cans curbside. When I went to grab the last trash can, lo-and-behold - the compressor was running! I always thought that the indoors circ fan and the outside compressor unit ran at the same time? Guess not...

Jeff, I agree that money [for maintenance] was well spent. There's nothing like the peace of mind knowing that the lifeblood of your vehicle's drive train is fresh and clean.

I've been in an mrr slump ever since last Thursday's op session. The track seems to be reliable enough that I can put down ballast, but as I mentioned before that's a job I absolutely dread - so I've been procrastinating. I finally placed an online order for 10lbs of this Bucks Ballast, which is real ballast from the CSX main line, ground down to scale size. Now I'm waiting for the vendor's PayPal request-for-payment message. In the meantime, I don't want to start on any other layout project because I want to get the ballasting over and done with.

[LATER EDIT]
Curt - what a great bunch of people you work with!

Terry - that's a total bummer. The plumbing issues are bad enough, but that health insurance premium hike scares the h*** out of me!:eek: I have my suspicions about why the rates are going up, but I can't say anything more about it here without violating the "no politics" rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
CURT- Couldn't happen to a nicer gentleman. Hell, there ain't no one nicer.
Make sure to have a lot of projects to keep you busy. Retirement isn't for sissys. Cell you later.
Flip

Good afternoon coffee shop friends,
How is everybody today? Hi Flow & Francine, how are you ladies doing?

Today is a bit cooler again fortunately at 87.4 °F Feels Like 84 °F. Winds are variable at 5.3 mph from the WSW. Humidity is 33% and the tonight's low is supposed to be 63 °F.

= = = =

RR wise, not too much going on.

See everyone later.
Keep your power dry and your ammo ready to load and lock!

Good afternoon coffee shop friends,
How is everybody today? Hi Flow & Francine, how are you ladies doing?

Today is a bit cooler again fortunately at 87.4 °F Feels Like 84 °F. Winds are variable at 5.3 mph from the WSW. Humidity is 33% and the tonight's low is supposed to be 63 °F.

= = = =

RR wise, not too much going on.

Curt - Congratulations, as has been said prior, sounds like you worked with a great bunch of folks!

See everyone later.
Keep your power dry and your ammo ready to load and lock!

*> This dumb site tells tells me I need to wait 10 more seconds between posts when this was the 1st. attempt to post anything today?? !!? How crazy can it be? <*

>>And just to clarify things, the basic post above this one posted at the same time this did and I made the edits after they both posted!!<<

Last edited by a moderator:
Curt, that was a great sendoff. Jeffrey, yes, money well spent. Reasonable cost too.

Ken, on my system, the outside condenser turns over first, then the inside condenser and the blower. At the end of the cycle, the outside condenser shuts down first,while the blower continues for a brief period of time. When I had problems with the system icing up earlier in the year, I found that the icing was caused by the outside condenser continuing to run after the inside portion had shut down. That was a issue with a sensor switch. How old is your system?

Joe

Back