Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

COFFEE_CREME1.png

Good Morning!

It's Mon 8/25/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Afternoon showers with a high of 89. Time to mow again this afternoon.

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good Morning Y'all. It's Monday, for better or worse :rolleyes:. Right now, it's 63° and sunny, going to 82°. Looks like a couple more nice days in our future.

I actually completed a kit over the weekend, a Walthers Meat refrigerator, purchased in 1995. :rolleyes: Yeah, 1995.......sitting in a storage box. The cost? $10.95 MSRP.
Walthers is currently offering the same car/tooling for $24.95 RTR as a "new arrival", in their "Mainline" brand. I used Kadee # 148 whisker couplers, instead of the included X2f couplers, I also changed the wheels to Kadee 33" metal wheels, and added a ½oz. of weight. Still has to be weathered. I'm planning on starting another tonight.

Spotted at Ruckerts.jpg

Spotted at Ruckerts another view.jpg

There are things to be done, before the day passes me by.

Later

Joe

Morning All,

Sitting here drinking cup of coffee. I think the only thing on tap for today is cleaning house and going to the Chiropractor.

Terry- I know there is a guy named Bill that models SAL/SCL and he is at a lot of shows selling books for their historical society.

Joe- Nice looking reefer and the price is right!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning. It's 80° with 88% humidity. The high will be 95°. Cloudy with a fair chance of showers and thunderstorms.
pcloudy-1.jpg
with
cond40.jpg

Looks like it'll be a rainy day. Next door neighbor worked late into the night gutting his master bath. Toilet, tub, lavatory, shelves, everything is gone. He's waiting on all new stuff to go in there. He says he's a fair hand at plumbing. He'll have to be. I hope he's a jack of all trades and good at them. He's playing with structure, plumbing, electrical. Being this is a rural area he doesn't have to get permits for all that. However he'd do well to have the work inspected.

Not much going on for me today. I'm waiting on the call from my Home Health nurse and I hope the medical supplies that were ordered last week have arrived.

Tomorrow morning I have an appointment to see my doc. Afterward my father and I will have lunch at Fox's pizza then go to Wal-Mart to look at tablets. He wants one and he isn't getting mine. At times it's my only link to the world.

DSCN6767.jpg

DSCN1249.jpg

DSCN1232.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffrey- Since when do you share "tablets" ? Most of my meds are tablets and I don't share them.

Bill- I like my coffee black, thankyou.

It'll be a cooler day. Only going up to 86 and an index of 89. Usual scattered p.m. t-storms.
Prayers for ALL of us
Flip

Jeffrey- Since when do you share "tablets" ? Most of my meds are tablets and I don't share them.

Bill- I like my coffee black, thankyou.

It'll be a cooler day. Only going up to 86 and an index of 89. Usual scattered p.m. t-storms.
Prayers for ALL of us
Flip

Good morning everyone!

Hey Jeffery, with my arthritis I much prefer the 2-60 over AC I don't even know if my AC works in my mini-van, I never turn it on, but I don't go very far either. As long as it starts, runs, stops and the heat works I am good to go.

Louis and Jeffrey- 2-60 does work nicely but what I miss is the VENT windows so the air is right on you. None of my autos had a/c until I got my 68 Ford in 71.
Flip

Louis and Jeffrey- 2-60 does work nicely but what I miss is the VENT windows so the air is right on you. None of my autos had a/c until I got my 68 Ford in 71.
Flip

Amen Flip! I miss those wing windows too!!

Oh! One of those electronic gizmos. My pad fits into my shirt pocket and has lined pages. lol
Sorry Jeff. Couldn't resist pulling your leg.[The good one]
Phil

Good afternoon, glad to see everyone here at the coffee shop, Oh, say Francine, I'd also like a cup of coffee this morning as things are getting cooler, thank goodness. You agree too, ha! It's a lot more comfortable alright and looks like the cooler weather is here. I also notice that many of the Oak trees on my place are starting to loose their leaves which seems to be a sure sign of an early Fall Season, of course we are way behind on rain & snow fall. Well a walk down to the mail box and back made me change my mind so Francine, some cold water sounds great.

Per Wunderground Weather it's, 82.4 °F - Feels Like 82 °F, which is fairly comfortable to me and the Humidity is 38% which is getting up there a bit from what it usually is. In fact, a bit earlier what took me outside was that I thought I could smell the dry grass when it gets wet as well as the dirt and I thought it might be springling a bit as it's all very overcast but no such luck yet. Maybe in a bit. To nights low is supposed to be 58 °F oops, 61 °F. Then for the next three days it's supposed to increase in temp back up to 98 °F, oh darn.

= = = =
I decided last night that I wanted to make up some small, 'Yard Limit', passing track clearance signs for a few spots on my layout where I had placed larger match stick lengths cut to post lengths with the top sand to a four sided taper and stained a dark maple color with the top section painted a black. As these are functional for converging points of my passing sidings I needed something that would show up a bit better especially when I get some ground cover down so it seemed that a couple of small dingy greyish white signs would serve the purpose best and be a lot more noticeable as I place them on the outer sides of the two tracks on each end. Generally run smaller consist trains of four or five cars but need to ensure one passing siding isn't fowling the other.

So I went into my Serif drawing program and made up one and then kept coping it till I had about 12 of them. I liked the effect of the stained match stick lengths that I have stuck in a hole in the sound board and figued if I print these on some grey Parchment Paper and add a bit of old white it should look fairly weathered. I then figured I use some Woodland Scenics Hobby Tack applied to the post to stick the signs to the post with so in case I should break one of the posts off or knock a sign off it could be easily replaced. I'll have to include a shot or two once I make some up.

That's it for now.

Got the dressings on my foot changed today and got a couple bags of laundry done. Other than that there's nothing going on. I was outside a little while ago and it feels like rain is coming. Confirmed it by checking the weather radar. There's a band of storms moving across the state east to west. It may be here in an hour or two. My right knee still aches from where I twisted it yesterday. Tomorrow morning I'll be at the docs office getting poked, prodded and checked out. Afterward my father and I will go next door to Fox's Pizza Den for lunch. I'll have my usual tiny taco pizza and he can get whatever he wants. From there we'll go to Wal-Mart and look at the tablets they have in the electronics dept. He'll get himself one then I'll show him how to use it. Knowing him as I do he'll probably get the smallest cheapest one he can find. I'm not a pro by any means but I know my way around most computers. Haven't had dinner yet but chimichangas sure sounds good.

From there we'll go to Wal-Mart and look at the tablets they have in the electronics dept. He'll get himself one then I'll show him how to use it. Knowing him as I do he'll probably get the smallest cheapest one he can find. I'm not a pro by any means but I know my way around most computers.
The voice of experience here says to emphasize to your father to get a name brand tablet. The cheaper ones are so cheap, all they will do is frustrate him into tossing it out the nearest window. My brother got an 8" tablet by RCA, and it is about the cheapest I would want somebody to get. It was $80 at Walmart.

I'll keep that in mind. I get name brands myself. You might have noticed I rebuild Apple //e and Apple IIc computers, not Apple clones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening All,

Did not accomplish much today other than cleaning house. Tomorrow I have my last shift as a Paramedic. Wednesday I took a vacation day to get my uniforms, equipment, keys, passes, etc.. together for turn in, and Thursday I turn everything in and have my exit interviews. A week Thursday there is a small (hopefully) get together by my co-workers for me.

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

Hope everybody has a good night.

That's one thing I don't have yet is a tablet. I looked at a Microsoft Surface, liked it, looked at the price, didn't like that. Wife likes her first generation I-Pad. I don't like Apple...long story...so I won't get one of those either.

My right shoulder is incredibly sore, right now. This morning, I did a few sets with 10 lb dumb bells......did not over do, so it cannot be that. Later in the day, I changed the laundry room florescent, again nothing to that. Then I painted the baseboards and trim in the upstairs hall, where I painted the walls and ceiling last week. My right arm was above my head, for quite a while, so that must be it. Might be time to call the orthopedic Doc, I have a referral to.

I am almost done for the day, need more masking tape and bright white enamel so a trip to HD is on top of my list for tomorrow.

Everyone, have a good evening.

Joe

Back