Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

Flip I live in cape coral fla & im looking in to renting a house
Sucks they dont have basements down here, so im gonna look for a biggggg
GARAGE LOL

Make sure fully insulated. You can also make an insulateted area inside a large garage and put your layout there . There is a guy in Deland has a SIX car garage and filled it with a layout. Name is Ted and he is a vendor at the train shows
Grass almost dry enough to mow. Man is that sun fierce. Must be 90 in the shade already and there isn't any in the yard.
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Its off to mow I go. Taking a jug of cold water with me. should only take 20 or so minutes to do the job.
TTFN
Flip

Whew!! It is hotter than ----. Must be 95 or more in the shade and I didn't have any.
Jobs is done, mower put away and I'm cooling off.
TTFN
Flip

blackz28- I have my layout in our house loft/bonus room. A bedroom works well too. Of course I am old enough that I have no children issues for space. MOH has a bedroom converted to her sewing room. Maybe this is a option for you.

Phil- You shouldn't work outside in the hottest part of the day. Please drink plenty of water.

Hi gang,

Funny you should mention lawn mowing - that's what I'll be doing over the next few hours. It rained all day Saturday, and by now the grass should be sufficiently dried-out. The temp is 75* under partly cloudy skies and near-zero probability of rain, so I have no excuse NOT to mow (*sigh*)

Hi gang,

Funny you should mention lawn mowing - that's what I'll be doing over the next few hours. It rained all day Saturday, and by now the grass should be sufficiently dried-out. The temp is 75* under partly cloudy skies and near-zero probability of rain, so I have no excuse NOT to mow (*sigh*)

Went out to check mine,,,still swampy in spots, will wait ti tomorrow after w*rk.
Z, do you have FROGS in Flor-eee-duh? My sisters house in coastal N.C. has one , a Finished Room Over Garage,,,,Quite nice!:cool:

Hi gang,

Went out to check mine,,,still swampy in spots, will wait ti tomorrow after w*rk.
Z, do you have FROGS in Flor-eee-duh? My sisters house in coastal N.C. has one , a Finished Room Over Garage,,,,Quite nice!:cool:

Prrprr thanks I just came down here within the last year 1/2 & I had a house with a basement so im still coming to grips with the small places down here, with no basements ugggh my son is 19 & up north but the girlfriends daughter is still here grrr

No most places down here are single s tory places not much room

z28- 2004 was a nasty year for Cape Coral. Charley{hurricane] blew in and was a bad -ss storm. Make sure the drive ways lowest at the street. Have seen flooded garages after rain because the drive ways lowest at the garage door.
Curt- It is NOW hotter than when i mowed. How are your skunks doing? You haven't mentioned them in a while.
Phil [aka-Flip]

Good afternoon everyone,
It's another fairly hot one here in Central Calif. Per WW: 90.3 °F - Feels Like 88 °F, my cell phone says 88 °F, going for a high of 92 °F. Humidity is at 30% and tonight's low should be 61 °F.

Say Ken: The layout, remember the layout, there was something you needed to do on it! That should help keep you from having to mow.
Speaking of which I also need to mow my front yard but need to pick-up several piles of branches and it just bee too darn hot. Actually I need to do a double watering job on the grass as it didn't get it's proper amount yesterday. Also, being that I have my own hard-rock water well, this is the time of year the water flow from the melting snow tends lessens which doesn't help matters and I've pumped the well dry a couple of times already. Fortunately it's always reecovered in about 20 minutes, thank God!

Say Blk-Z: Space can be a problem so I hope you find a place that offers you the extra space needed. Like Phil says, you might want to insulate the garage walls and even the ceiling. Some 1" thick closed cell foam will make a world of a difference.
Oh, and like Curt says, look for a place on high ground as well as being sure the area your in is well above any floodable area.

Say Phil: Your much better off mowing in the fairly early morning or later in the evening when it cooler. That's what I have to do here in Central Calif.

Say Curt: What kind of turnout conversion are you doing? Pictures would be interesting.

Hope you all have a great day.

Evening All,

Not much happening this way. Still waiting on my other half to get back from Disney. I talked to her about 90 minutes ago and she was waiting on everyone to finish riding Space Mountain.

I spent around 2 hours working on the layout today. I removed the single crossover, approach track, old ballast and scenery. After that I cleaned the area and repainted it. At that point I stopped for the day.

Jeff- When I first moved to FL the p/u I had did not have AC so I put in a small fan that ran off the cigarette lighter and mounted it on the dash.

David- I have a continuous loop "U" shape track plan. I am removing a single crossover at the "U" base and putting in a Shinohara Double Crossover to give me some more flexibility. Also it is close to the yard and TT area. Unfortunately I looked thru my photos and I could not find a before shot except at the beginning of the video I posted on site here. The photo below is what it looks like tonight.

IMG_1476_zpsdfc684f6.png

Hope everyone has a good night.

David- Can't mow early in day as the grass is to wet. Yard faces west and house blocks sun. Waiting for late evening not always good idea as we are subject to P.M. T-Storms. We get t-s from the west, Gulf of Mexico, and/or from the east, Atlantic ocean. When those fronts meet,nature takes control. Ask Curt as he lives close by.
Phil

Evening All,

Not much happening this way. Still waiting on my other half to get back from Disney. I talked to her about 90 minutes ago and she was waiting on everyone to finish riding Space Mountain.

I spent around 2 hours working on the layout today. I removed the single crossover, approach track, old ballast and scenery. After that I cleaned the area and repainted it. At that point I stopped for the day.

Jeff- When I first moved to FL the p/u I had did not have AC so I put in a small fan that ran off the cigarette lighter and mounted it on the dash.

David- I have a continuous loop "U" shape track plan. I am removing a single crossover at the "U" base and putting in a Shinohara Double Crossover to give me some more flexibility. Also it is close to the yard and TT area. Unfortunately I looked thru my photos and I could not find a before shot except at the beginning of the video I posted on site here. The photo below is what it looks like tonight.

IMG_1476_zpsdfc684f6.png

Hope everyone has a good night.

Terry- Don't know his last name. He lives in Deland just about 30 minutes from my home.
Flip

Back