Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say Joe or Terry I'm not sure who posted the graphic style Whistle Post sign but I had a hard time to try and understand it. The bottom verticle bar seemed more like an Arrow to me?
Basically, it is a Morse "Q". Dash, dash, dot, dash. A "W" would be "dot, dash, dash" I have seen a couple of places with that, which I am glad never gained more than local use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally made it back. That was the longest cab ride I've ever had! Glad the hospital was paying for it. It was fifty-seven miles. It feels good to be back home.

Good evening. It just finished raining, and it's 71.
Running Bear, it's good to see you're back home.

I stopped off this evening and picked up some paperwork from the Post Office to fill out concerning some mail fraud I was a victim of. Looking over the stuff I was given, and what I am supposed to provide, it seems I am going to have to buy an extra ink cartridge for my printer to print out all the messages and emails, along with photographs, as evidence. While it isn't a wire transfer for 20 grand, the total of all items, including shipping and postage, put the retail value at almost $1000 altogether. The Postmaster wants credit card receipts as well as anything verifiable that shows the MSRP of everything. I'll see how it goes from here...

I caught the "Cap" in Pittsburgh, one summer morning in 1968, .... I already have a couple of cars to make up a 1962 version, I might do one of each of the passenger cars. Based on the price tag on the box of the Brass Observation, basically a shell, with no glazing, interior or couplers or diaphragms, the Walthers cars are still a bargain. The price of the diesels is scary!

That's why I'm soooo glad I bought my two E units back in the mid-1990's, when LifeLike was still making them and they were a bargain!

Today's lunch meal, my last at the hospital, was really good. A roast beef sandwich, hamburger steak, potatoes, corn, some fruit, skim milk and iced tea.

Nothing much going on here. I went down to my fathers place to sort through my mail, picked up a jar of peanut butter filled pretzels my step mother gave me, petted the cat a bit just to be sure that she's thoroughly spoiled then came back home. Since then I've been getting settled back in.

While in the hospital the doctor and nurses kept inquiring as to why I didn't need any pain medicine. Other people who had the kind of surgery I had were in agony and begging for pain medicine. I told them that I'm not those other people or rather those other people didn't have near the amount of nerve damage that I do. I could drop a brick on my foot and not feel it. That of course is the crux of my infection problem. Because I can't feel the pain an infection would cause it can spread unnoticed. For that reason I'll have to be more vigilant.

Well, nothing further to report tonight. It's time I called it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1241752.jpg

DSCN1499.jpg

DSCN1488.jpg

COFFEE_POURING-Copy.png

Good Morning!

It's Fri 7/25/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

LEampW_depot_WALKERTON_IN.png

Mostly sunny with a high of 79. Not much planned for today. :D

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning. It's 74° with 90% humidity. The high will be 95° and somewhat cloudy.
pcloudy-1.jpg

Just waiting for the Home Health nurse to call. The wound vac needs to be reattached so it can continue it's work. Nothing else is planned. However there's no telling what may come up.

DSCN1482.jpg

DSCN1479.jpg

DSCN1478.jpg

Good morning, Happy Friday! Just glanced at the calendar, next Friday will be August. It's in the upper 60s right now, and somewhat overcast, it's supposed to be snny with a high in the upper 70s to low 80s. Nice, unless you're the electric company.

Going for a walk in the park this morning, we did a mile yesterday. Seriously, I have to see an orthopedic guy about these knees, and ankle, and shoulder...........eek! :eek:

Ken: I know what you mean, I got a pair of LL E-8s in original tri-color, when the B&O Society was selling them, back when. still have the x2f couplers, so I'm good. :rolleyes:

Jeffrey: Nice to see, your joining the B&O theme this morning. :cool: Pot holes? I thought they were a Northern plague? :rolleyes:. Live 'n learn. It's good you're home.

Joe

Hi everyone,

My name is Curt Webb and this is my first posting here. Some of you already know me, but for those that don't I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I introduced myself in the appropriate forum section and posted my latest video of my layout in the video section.

I really like the new thread name and I am glad that you are back home now Jeff. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Good afternoon everyone, It's another fairly hot day, 100.6 °F - Feels Like 100 °F and going for a high of 101 °F. The Hum-i-dity is 14% and headed to 19% by 11:00Pm. Winds are 1.7 from the South and tonights low is supposed to be 68 °F.

Hello Curt: Welcome to the forums, glad to have you join us.

That's about it for now so enjoy your modeling.

Welcome aboard Curt. Always a pleasure to welcome another who shares my interest in the PRR.

Joe

Hi everyone,

My name is Curt Webb and this is my first posting here. Some of you already know me, but for those that don't I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I introduced myself in the appropriate forum section and posted my latest video of my layout in the video section.

I really like the new thread name and I am glad that you are back home now Jeff. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Curt! ... Good to see you here! Welcome! ... I started posting here as a favor to Jeff when he was having surgery nearly a year ago. I kinda stuck around. Everybody is very nice here. For example, when we went to CA recently, David (truss rod) asked if I could visit him. Unfortunately that did not work out because we were not in same part of CA. ..

Everybody: ... I can attest Curt is a great guy to communicate with. I met him in the MR forum.

Carey... Are you back yet? Hope you are okay. Reason for asking is I think I'll be in Birmingham, AL soon.

Hiya gang!

Pleasant day at work today, temps in the shop in the 70's most of the day, Pizza for dinner, the listed the last of 29 lots on eBay.

We did have some excitement, well, maybe excitement is too strong a word here. More like just amazement. I remember when I was a kid they always told us the safest place in a thunderstorm was in a car. Maybe for you, but not for the car! A customer had their car towed in, it had been struck by lightning,,,while they were driving!! It was struck,,started running rough, got off the road then died! Now nothing works, the car smells of burnt electrical, but the only visible sign of the episode is the antenna on the roof,,,it is now about half its original length!
10569030_548829411894194_7595869790221841126_n.jpg

Now we'll see if the insurance co fixes it, or junks it

Curt, are you following us?? :rolleyes: Glad to see ya here!

Oh, and if you are bored and don't already have too many trains,,,I've got more stuff on fleabay!

Good evening coffee shop dwellers. Welcome aboard Curt, I've been watching your layout grow from the pics you've been posting across the street. I really like the animated PRR billboard.

The last 36 hours have been crazy. I had a nasty neck muscle spasm that made SWMBO think it might be a heart attack. When I called my doctor's answering service they said "go to the ER." Oh joy [not]! Luckily when I was about to go there, my regular doc called and asked me a few questions: Was my left arm numb? No. Did I have tightness in the chest? No. Was I having trouble breathing? No. So, he cancelled my pending ER visit and just said to come in on Friday [today]. He'd seen me have a similar 'faux MI' ~10 years ago where I got rushed to the ER unnecessarily. At least my Thursday wasn't wasted. When I went to see him today, the EKG was normal and I had full strength in my left arm. But my left neck and shoulder muscles were still rock-hard, even he was amazed! Looks like I'll be on a steady diet of ibuprofen in addition to the other salad bowl of pills I have to take every day. Getting old sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back