Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Tidler Jr.

Retired NS Signal Construction Gang Signalman
A new thread and a NEW NAME for the Coffee Shop. It is now officially, "Running Bear's Coffee Shop"!

Good Morning!

It's Fri 5/23/14
BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

COFFEE_POURING-Copy.png

DINER_SEATS.png

Mostly sunny with a high of about 74. Carb Day at the track (Indy 500). :D

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning all!
Nice spring day on tap, sunny and 73° :cool:
A week ago we got a new member of the household. Son #4 had left his cat with my Ex, but she has had to move since the rental property she was in was sold, She's got a new place with a 3 cat limit, and she has 3 of her own. So we got this one until he finishes his post graduate studies (in China).

10410445_519762204800915_448999534167624412_n.jpg

So gang, meet Tumbletron,,aka Tumbles..aka frat cat. Yes, he was the official mascot of the Sigma Nu fraternity at Gettysburg College for 2012-2013. Amazingly, he survived living in the fraternity with 25 guys! He's settled in here quite nicely, but only 1 issue,,,,he likes to be on top of stuff:( Squirt bottles have been placed in strategic parts of the basement............let's see how fast our "college boy" can learn!!:rolleyes:

Good morning everyone.

Congratulations on your new addition Karl. Thank you for sharing him with us.

I took over taking care of my daughter's cat, "Noel" when she went off to the University of Maryland and later the Army. It will be 11 years in September, Noel is our cat now I suppose.

Cats are good at learning how to stay out of trouble after the kitten stage. Noel stays off my layout completely and when the Christmas trains are running she carefully crosses the tracks and sits under the tree watching the trains go by. I always leave space under the tree for her. My beagles know not to bother her under the tree.

I never much liked cats and I still think they are very strange creatures, but I love my little Noel.

PC261556.jpg

Good morning, America! It's 55° here in Forgottonia, with a predicted high of 75° today and clear skies tonight for the Camelopardalids meteor shower.

Under new management, I see. The place is looking pretty good, amazing what a new coat of paint and a new sign can do!

The June issue of Trains magazine has a picture of the pool hall in nearby Adair on page 74. The building has a pronounced lean and is a bit of a landmark in the area. There was also an article on one of the last American-built F's in freight service. It used to be on the Toledo, Peoria and Western, aka, the Tried, Proven and Willing railroad. When it was on the TP&W, it was painted like the old NYC F's and it was very good looking. Didn't see it often and then it just disappeared, wondered what happened to it and now I know. Sometimes things do work out well. I just figured it got scrapped, sure glad it didn't!

Finished a job at Hennepin Station on Tuesday and now things are starting to get back to normal. I've been working away from home for about ten months and only home on weekends, so there is an abundance of things that need to be done around the house. First thing I need to do is put a new belt on our mower or else the yard will get out of control and if that happens SWMBO will also get out of control! :) See you later!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning' Yall - Happy Friday!

I like the new decor here, and the new name :cool:. I like your new helper, Karl. As in Louis case, I think Tumbles is permanent party, at your place :rolleyes:. That's the way things seem to work. Bob, good luck with the mower. I always disliked changing belts.

Today is the first day of "Unofficial" summer, So even though the weather is not the best, hordes of BENNYS [Bayone, Essex, Newark and New York] will begin their annual infestation of the shore area, causing additional congestion, and higher retail prices area wide. Today the shore communities will welcome them with open arms; by late August, signs will appear, urging them to "GO HOME!". Such is the local ritual. Right now, it's 60°, and overcast with some fog. Forecast is for a high of 71°, with "Isolated" showers this morning, followed by "Scattered" showers and thunder showers later, with sunshine along the coast :rolleyes:. Convenient, eh? Welcome BENNYS!

As soon as I complete this, I will follow tradition, and go down to the train room, and place my CNJ passenger equipment on the layout, where it will remain through the summer months. The magic of model railroading, eh? The ability to create an alternate reality on a whim :rolleyes:.

Have a safe weekend.

Joe

Good morning. It's 68° with 100% humidity and fog. The high will be 88° with a few clouds.
cond026.gif

A stainless steel microwave looks nice when it's clean but keeping it clean is a job in itself. Everything shows up on it and you could drive yourself crazy trying to keep it looking nice. Good thing I didn't buy mine because of the way it looks. I bought it because of the low price and the brand name.

No plans for today. Currently I'm waiting on the Home Health nurse to call (Monday-Wednesday-Friday) so the wound vac dressing can be changed. Anything else will be taken (or ignored) as it comes.

P1010187.jpg

P1010141.jpg

P1010139.jpg

Good Morning.

Wow, Bill! ... You did a fantastic job setting up Running Bear's Coffee Shop. ... Can we call it RBCS for short? ... Does it's namesake, Running Bear, get free coffee.

Speaking of cats, this photos shows one of ours "helping" me. I set up the ladder to change lightbulbs in the fixture hanging from the 14' ceiling. I went to get light bulbs, and the cat was on the top step when I got back.

SassyonLadder_zps0977862e.jpg

Happy Model Railroading

Good afternoon. It's cloudy and 79. There's nothing like that new diner smell...
One of the interesting things about working for a place that sells and services a brand of RV that is popular with celebrities, is sometimes we get those celebrities rolling through here, either for a new trailer or repairing their old one. Today, a famous baseball player, and hall of famer, came in to get his trailer repaired. After I finished making the repair, he posed for my camera with one of our salesmen. He played for several teams, including the Yankees in 1980, and Kansas City, where he retired from.
I'll come back later and see if anybody guessed correctly who he is.

Trying again. The paint is so fresh, the photos are having trouble sticking... :

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 244
Good afternoon. It's cloudy and 79. There's nothing like that new diner smell...
One of the interesting things about working for a place that sells and services a brand of RV that is popular with celebrities, is sometimes we get those celebrities rolling through here, either for a new trailer or repairing their old one. Today, a famous baseball player, and hall of famer, came in to get his trailer repaired. After I finished making the repair, he posed for my camera with one of our salesmen. He played for several teams, including the Yankees in 1980, and Kansas City, where he retired from.
I'll come back later and see if anybody guessed correctly who he is.

Gaylord Perry?

In 1972 Gaylord Perry pitched 29 complete games for a total of 342 innings pitched with an ERA of 1.92

In comparison last years MLB leader in complete games and innings pitched was Adam Wainwright with 5 complete games and 241 innings pitched.

Model railroading is not the only thing that has changed!

In 1972 Gaylord Perry pitched 29 complete games for a total of 342 innings pitched with an ERA of 1.92

In comparison last years MLB leader in complete games and innings pitched was Adam Wainwright with 5 complete games and 241 innings pitched.

Model railroading is not the only thing that has changed!

You have that right, Louis. Look at Stephen Strasburg, he exceeded his innings two seasons ago, they shut him down in early September. Since then, I don't think he has been as effective as before.

Joe

Nothing much going on here today. The Home Health nurse didn't call until 2pm so that was a lot of the day wasted waiting on that call. I didn't want to start in on something only to have to stop a little while later. That really has me irritated.

Got another commemorative coin today, the first in quite a while. It's an 1849 Liberty Head Double Eagle replica layered in 24k gold. All it cost me was less than $8 shipping. It looks nice next to my 1854 Liberty Head Double Eagle 24k gold layered proof.

DSCN6272.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back