Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the meals today were alright. Instead of the tiny scoop of scrambled eggs this morning I had an omelet. That was worth four of those tiny scoops. Add to that toast and cheese and it was a good breakfast. Lunch was roast chicken and salad. Not bad at all. Dinner was a cold buffet with ham, turkey, roast beef and a large salad and two slices of bread. That had sandwich written all over it. The bread, meat and some of the lettuce and salad dressing made a great sandwich.

Found out a little while ago that they can't transfer me to the Leesville Rehab Hospital. My insurance company says I'm doing too well. They do say however that I can get rehab at home. Oh joy!

Found out a little while ago that they can't transfer me to the Leesville Rehab Hospital. My insurance company says I'm doing too well. They do say however that I can get rehab at home. Oh joy!

Don't ya just love how some In-sure-ance Company analyst 500+ miles away can make such a determination, sight unseen?

Well, at least you're eating well.

Joe

Good afternoon,
It another fairly warm day but not as bad as it's been. Let's see what WW says - 88.7 °F -Feels Like 88 °F going for a high of 91 °F; my cell phone which is really local says 84 °F with a high of 88 °F, I prefer that! Winds are from the SW at 4.2 mph and the Hum-i-dity is 25%. Tonight's low is supposed to be 65 °F which is half way comfortable sleeping weather. Then by Friday the temp is again going to

Yup! Down to just three toes, total.

Jeffrey, To me, that doesn't speak very well for the home health services as you would think they would have seen that taking place and tried to do something to prevent it!

Yes, David. That's what is a whistle post. It says "W". Engineers whistle while they work.

Erik .... Glad you like the idea. most places don't carry the chalkboard anymore. I think many can order it though.

Happy Model Railroading

Garry' The sinage is of interest and something we as modelers can use for more detail. That's where having a walk around hand throttle with a Wistle/Horn or Bell button is real nice. My Crest doesn't have either of those but then again I don't have to add any decoder modules either.

I like your, 'Wistle while you work' pun!

Say ?, I'm unfamiliar with what your calling chalkboard to use as a facia? Can you give a better discreption? I am familiar with bender board but that's or masonite shower board but that's it.

= = = =

Last night I did get the new curved turnout generally positioned and did place three ties at various points along the length of the switch and used glue stick to hold them in place temporarily and give me ties to spike the turnout on.

I took a shot of of the turnout in place earlier with my cell phone but I'm not sure if the image downloaded to Photo Bucket so I can post the link on here yet? It seems it's looking for a WiFi connection which I don't have.

= = =

I just received noticed from my supplier that they have, 'Fox Valley Diesel Locs' on sale.

Retail: $199.95 (DCC Ready) - $299.95 (DCC w/ ESU LokSound)
Available: October 2014

The catagoeries are:

> GP60M;

> GP60B;

> GP60;

If interested send me a PM with your full name and email address for easy contact.

They saw it and called it in, got an appointment, but it was for two weeks away. The next day I saw it was green and took action myself.

You have to remember five of the toes went.with the right leg.

Joe .... I like the CNJ FM Trainmaster.

Happy Model Railroading

That's a 27+ year old BB that was custom painted, lettered and detailed. I bought it at a LHS long gone from the scene. I was trying to improve upon my photography skills, and thought it turned out pretty well. I made it my computer's background photo, and immediately noticed that it was missing the cutting lever, and MU connections. I also noticed the horn was wrong. It still has the original Athearn "gold" motor and the heavy wire handrails. It does have a Digitrax decoder and runs reasonably well for a power hog. I prefer running it to my Atlas CNJ TM.

Joe

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN3543.jpg

They saw it and called it in, got an appointment, but it was for two weeks away. The next day I saw it was green and took action myself.

You have to remember five of the toes went.with the right leg.

Jeffrey, That what you call adding insult to injury! What you stated they did as well as what they didn't do is asinine to me and proves their ineptness. Why did they send you to emergency when they found the gangrene or at least the next day. Two weeks later, that's gross negligence on their part for sure! Lucky thing you weren't having a heart attack!

Coffee-pouring-Copy.png

Good Morning!

It's Thu 7/24/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Partly cloudy, cooler with a high of 74. Yard trimming today and working on one of my ARs. :D

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning. It's raining and 70. I'm sure the rest of the day will be pretty steamy (not in a train sort of way, either).

Around here, our whistle posts have two horizontal black stripes, a black dot, and a horizontal black stripe.

Terry .... You're right. I've seen some of those whistle posts. (Must be for engineers who can't read. LOL). ... I thought perhaps your post might attract a comment form Toot of Down Under. He might give a hoot.

----------------

Joe. ... There was a brief period when I had a pair of Athearn Trainmasters in Southern Pacific Black Widow colors. I modeled SP for a brief period about 20-25 years ago. The pair had plenty of power and would easily pull any train I coupled to them. That was in the DC era, and I had a power supple with lots of watts. ..... Again, your CNJ model is very impressive.

Happy Model Railroading.

Jeffrey, That what you call adding insult to injury! What you stated they did as well as what they didn't do is asinine to me and proves their ineptness. Why did they send you to emergency when they found the gangrene or at least the next day. Two weeks later, that's gross negligence on their part for sure! Lucky thing you weren't having a heart attack!
The appointment given wasn't accepted. At the time the toe didn't appear to be infected so it was cleaned and wrapped. However when you have a repressed immune system bad things can happen fast. The wound went to gangrene within twelve hours and I was in the ER within an hour after noticing it.

Morning y'all,

Woke up ~4am having muscle spasms in my neck and shoulder, probably from lifting long boxes in the trainroom and getting into weird positions to store them under the layout. Nothing that a few ibuprofins couldn't handle.

Had a few wicked t-storms come thru late afternoon on Wednesday, then ~2 hours later our power went out [?] The outage lasted for maybe 5 minutes then it came back on. BGE must have needed to temporarily turn it off so they could bring another neighborhood back online. The weather weenies are saying that local temps will be 10* below average today, I'll believe that when I see it.

Have a good'un!

Good morning. I'm running a little late this morning, it's partly cloudy and 74°. Prognostication (I guess I spelled it right) is for mid day showers,and a high of 83°, before turning cooler.

I'm not sure where we are going today, or what we are doing, but we are doing something other than hanging out at home.

Those graphic whistle posts are cool, and probably designed to deter theft. Conrail used to place a reflectorized W on a steel fence post, and believe it or not, they regularly disappeared.

Garry, thanks again for the complement.

Joe

Good morning. It's 74° with 84% humidity. The high will be 92°. There's a 30% chance of rain.

Looks like I'll be getting out of here today. My proposed transfer to the Leesville Rehab Hospital was refused by my insurance company on the grounds that I'm doing too well. So it appears I'll be sent home. How I'll be getting there remains to be seen at this point.

DSCN3437.jpg

Morning y'all,

Had a few wicked t-storms come thru late afternoon on Wednesday, then ~2 hours later our power went out [?] The outage lasted for maybe 5 minutes then it came back on. BGE must have needed to temporarily turn it off so they could bring another neighborhood back online. The weather weenies are saying that local temps will be 10* below average today, I'll believe that when I see it.

Have a good'un!

We were supposed to have those storms around 9PM, Wednesday evening, but they dissipated before they got here. The hysteria mongers here are also whining about temps 10°, below normal, yet the forecast calls for daytime highs in the low/mid 80s all week. That's about average around here. Their problem is that they cannot spin nice weather into Armageddon, no matter how hard they try. No Armageddon = no ratings.

So, Ken, have you pre-ordered your Capitol Limited yet?

View attachment 44570
The train that condemned my layout :mad: The not quite ready for prime time "Ambassador". The Palace Car Co., 5db observation shorted out, and the substitute Walthers HW Pullman observation didn't make it past the first curve. :mad:. This was taken after the engine was re-railed on the reverse loop, and the diner on the crossing. :mad:
BTW: Disregard the water spray bottle, coffee can and glue bottle. I was so mad when I took the picture, I didn't see the construction material in the background. :confused:

Model Railroading is Fun! :rolleyes:

Joe

Hey guys, we had a sweltering heat wave monday and tuesday up to 96*. My AC can't keep up with that. Yesterday and today thankfully much cooler.

So, Ken, have you pre-ordered your Capitol Limited yet?
Joe, I'm not sure that multi-$K investment would make much sense for me, since I model a less-glamorous era [1969-72] when there was already C&O-colored cars in the consist. I have a pair of P2K E units in the late 1960's paint scheme. I'm hoping to pickup a few of the coaches at least, so I'll have a few proto-looking B&O blue-and-gray cars on my occasional Cincinnatian.

Good afternoon, It's another fairly comfortable day but supposed to be a bit hotter than yesterday. I'm not really looking forward to that. WW says it's, 91.4 °F - Feels Like 90 °F, the Humidity is 24% and winds are from the NE at 8.3 mph. The high is supposed to be 96 °F, and it's going to drop down to 66 °F.

Nothing much going on right now.

Say Joe or Terry I'm not sure who posted the graphic style Whistle Post sign but I had a hard time to try and understand it. The bottom verticle bar seemed more like an Arrow to me?

Joe, I'm not sure that multi-$K investment would make much sense for me, since I model a less-glamorous era [1969-72] when there was already C&O-colored cars in the consist. I have a pair of P2K E units in the late 1960's paint scheme. I'm hoping to pickup a few of the coaches at least, so I'll have a few proto-looking B&O blue-and-gray cars on my occasional Cincinnatian.

I caught the "Cap" in Pittsburgh, one summer morning in 1968. The consist that morning included an RPO and / or Baggage Car, a Coach, the Dome coach, the Slumbercoach, twin diner, mid train (obs) lounge and 2 smooth sided 10-6 sleepers. Some of the cars had traditional B&O paint and lettering while others looked like C&O cars. I think there was a coach out of Detroit on the rear. That's close enough to 1969. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, I already have a couple of cars to make up a 1962 version, I might do one of each of the passenger cars. Based on the price tag on the box of the Brass Observation, basically a shell, with no glazing, interior or couplers or diaphragms, the Walthers cars are still a bargain. The price of the diesels is scary!

Joe

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back