Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, all... A great day here, though not a railroading day. Grilled out a couple of butterflied chickens and some fresh vegetables, for the family of DairyStateMom; we celebrated her birthday today, and it was one of those big ones with a 0 in it. :)

Tomorrow morning I will see what I can do to advance the ball on layout construction.

Good night and good luck!

From the DairyStatePhone

Between my wife and myself we've had a couple of offspring reach the middle age "O's". I send them the "O" cards the previous year, with the words "minus 1 and counting".

Well Jeffrey, I had a reply written up to you about using your Nikon L20 camera and thought I posted it but it's not here so I lost everything I had written and that tick me off as I was waiting for the site to post it but I guess it never did??

pouring_coffee1-Copy.png

Good Morning!

It's Sun 7/27/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TOY_TRAIN.png

Scattered showers and a high of 84. Nothing on the schedule today but for you NASCAR fans, the Indy Brickyard 400 is today. :D

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning. It's 80° with 91% humidity. It'll be sunny with a high of 95°.
cond026.gif

Nothing much going on today. Still recovering from yesterday. I don't have any plans so I'll probably watch a movie (got 'Earthquake in New York' on right now) then go through a mission or two on Star Fleet 1. I'd like to work on the layout but I know from bitter experience what will happen if I do. I have to get my physical and medical problems sorted out before I can do anything on it. I don't know. I may just end up having it torn down.

P1010015.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010007.jpg

Good Very Hot afternoon, It was just slightly cloudy a little earlier, lets see what it's like out now? The sky is a mixture of some clouds and the rest is covered with a very thin layer of the wispy Circus type clouds so maybe, just maybe, it might really cloud up and rain good?? That probably wishful thinking on my part. My male cat didn't want to stay out earlier so I let him back in the back pourch but when I noticed the thermometer read 100*F I figured it was time to bring him inside where it at least a little cooler.

Lets see what WW says: 103.8 °F - Feels Like 102 °F, the Humidity is at 14% and winds are out of the SSE at 5.3 Mph. The night time temp is
dropping to 72 °F so it really not too comfortable of sleeping weather for me but I'll bear up under it.

= = =

On my layout I corrected a spot on the code 55 Whiskey siding where I was getting a derailment as I guess rail nearest the edge was a bit out of gauge so I placed a code 55 gauge on it and drilled a spike hole up against the rail on each side and spiked the inside first as it seemed as if the rail was bowed in a shade and then spiked the outside an now the cars roll through just as they are supposed to.

So now I can get power extended over to the new addition on the mainline as well as the siding as well as to the turnouts and get more ties placed under the turnouts and start getting the main line extended as it starts going around the the hill on the upper-line.

That's it for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see what WW says: 103.8 °F - Feels Like 102 °F, the Humidity is at 14% and winds are out of the SSE at 5.3 Mph. The night time temp is
dropping to 72 °F so it really not too comfortable of sleeping weather for me but I'll bear up under it.

It might be nice to have 14% humidity here. Right now it's 91° with 60% humidity. Looks like rain for tomorrow.

Evening All,

Just got back from my Daughter's house. I went over around 9 AM and my SIL and I put up ceramic tile around the bath tub and replaced some on the floor. Needless to say I am stiff and tired. I do feel better after showering. Other than that I have nothing to report.

Tomorrow morning I have a date with the vampire then on to the Chiropractor. Afterwards I hope to put together some Bar Mills instant wooden fence that I plan on putting alongside a deserted track on the layout.

Hope everyone has a good night and I will talk to you tomorrow.

Yes, the lower Humidity is a benefit but when it does get higher, like after a thunder shower I sure feel it alright. Even watering the lawn by hand really creates a change in Hum-i-dity.

That's why in your area you have such a a proliferation of rusty metal.

Tomorrow morning I have a date with the vampire then on to the Chiropractor.

Well Curt, I'm afraid that once you keep your date with the vampire that's going to be the end of the line for you! Don't you know they will suck all your blood out leaving just a hollow shell! God your brave. LoL

Yep. Rust is very abundant here. It quickly lays claim to any exposed ferrous metals and will find any weak spots in a coat of paint.

Good evening. At 86° and 71% humidity it's a warm but damp evening out there. The sky is very clear, hardly a cloud anywhere to be seen. The constellations are bright and more than ever I wish I had a telescope. I've been thinking about the future of my modeling today and I've come to a decision. It's very difficult for me to work on the layout anymore so when I feel up to it I'm going to tear it down. It's serving no purpose other than to remind me of things I can't do anymore.

P1010005.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010001.jpg

Good evening. At 86° and 71% humidity it's a warm but damp evening out there. The sky is very clear, hardly a cloud anywhere to be seen. The constellations are bright and more than ever I wish I had a telescope. I've been thinking about the future of my modeling today and I've come to a decision. It's very difficult for me to work on the layout anymore so when I feel up to it I'm going to tear it down. It's serving no purpose other than to remind me of things I can't do anymore.

Sorry to hear that. I am in South Louisiana and those pictures look terribly familliar. Where were they taken? Love the lamps on the building in the second picture.

Thanks.

David- Hopefully it will only be a couple of tubes. LOL.

Jeff- I am really sorry to hear that. You do a excellent job with almost nothing, and I have learned many modeling tips from you.

Jeff- I am really sorry to hear that. You do a excellent job with almost nothing, and I have learned many modeling tips from you.

Unless something changes that's the way it'll be. I have a difficult time getting around and standing for even a short period is painful. There's no room to sit while working on the layout.

Also sorry to hear your decision Jeff. Considering all the health battles and disasters you have had and dealt with, 'tis a shame to have to give that pleasure away.

Unless something changes that's the way it'll be. I have a difficult time getting around and standing for even a short period is painful. There's no room to sit while working on the layout.

Sorry to hear that, Jeffrey. Although, I understand why. Perhaps, in time you will come up with a way to build something again. Ultimately, your health and mobility come first.

Otherwise, it's quite mild here right now. 75°. There are two lines of severe thunderstorms, one North of us and one South of us. Although we can use some rain, I can do without the severe storms. I didn't do much today, a few tedious chores, and an errand. Tomorrow, I need to cut the lawn, and weed the flower garden adjacent to the patio.

Later

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back