Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

....yet still, after all the dropping and moving, how in the world, does all that saw dust still end up in the house??

Ryan

Your body becomes a magnet for it and then stops being a magnet as soon as you enter through the doorway. You see the doorway acts a Demagnatizer for all dirt particles up to the size of sawdust. I'm surprised you didn't know that....:eek::rolleyes::D

I used to love going camping in Winter with the Boy Scout Troop when I was Scoutmaster. Even when we were in a cabin at camp, the only heat you had was from the wood stove. You were left just enough wood to start a fire. The Scouts had to find and cut the wood for the weekend. It was a great way to show them the "cost" of energy..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening, everyone.

Happy Anniversary, Rex. You're a lucky guy to find someone who would put up with you for 42 years. :D

Steve, new dentist or not, that's the kind of error that can literally kill a patient. I hope you're feeling better, even on mush, and I do hope you raise a ruckus with someone about this.

Jeffrey, hope they got the node issue actually fixed this time. I don't think that will ever happen here.

Sounds like you guys in the north are getting a nasty storm. Looking at the weather map, this would be a classic Nor'easter if the low had moved up the coast instead of inland. I hate snow but I really hated having the first wet, sloppy snow before Halloween. :eek:

It was sunny but windy and cold down here too. Well, not cold exactly, since it did get to 62, but cold for us with the wind chill. It did make it down to 35 last night even with the wind and the wind is starting to die now so we may have our first freeze. Should get up to 70 tomorrow with no wind so it will finally feel like Alabama again.

Say Rex,

Hope you and your wife had an enjoyable Anniversary!

If I would have known I would have sent this sooner.

David

10-29-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

speedbanana.png

Good morning.

It's clear and 40 degrees, not as cool as the weather guessers were guessing it would get. The high will be around 70 and it will be partly cloudy.

Didn't get much done yesterday as the cable techs were running around the area trying to get the problem they said didn't exist fixed. I think they may have actually done it this time. From what I could pick up (I was a computer programmer, not a cable tech) a piece of equipment that was causing many problems finally up and died and it had to be replaced. That explains why there was no internet access from this area Monday. They got the replacement in then had to configure it which took most of the rest of the day and into the early hours of Tuesday. That explains why the system was so flaky yesterday morning. By yesterday afternoon everything was stabilized and operating normally. Now I'm waiting for the weather to change to see if it holds up or goes into it's usual pattern of crashing as soon as the wind changes direction. On the modeling side I got more work done on my coaling tower. It looks like a really old structure now that is well on the way to falling apart. After a little more work on the base structure itself I should have it looking like anybody would be afraid to go near it, as it might fall on them.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/29/2008

Wind Chill: 38°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 34°F

So Far Today
High: 40°F
Low: 38°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Important Message

Freeze warning in effect until 9 AM cdt this morning.

Today High: 70 Mostly sunny. Highs around 70. Southeast winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly clear. Not as cool. Lows in the mid 40s. Southeast winds around 5 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010227-22.jpg

Good morning everyone,

Haven't been in here much lately because I'm focused on trying to get the layout ready for primetime. It's amazing what you find when you start preparing for outsiders to operate on your pike. I've had to adjust coupler heights, increase car weights, etc. Those are the easy tasks - the more problematic issue will be replacing Atlas #4 turnouts with #6's in certain locations. I have a stockpile of never-used lefthanded #6's available, but I can never get the new ballast and track colors to match the stuff I replaced...grrrr

Jeff I had a similar situation yesterday, the electrical power went off for several hours yesterday...5 minutes after I got home! Always happens whenever the wind blows over 20mph in my area.

Steve - that absolutely sux about your dental accident. Maybe you can collect enough from her malpractice insurance to help finance your move to Kiwi land...

Gotta run, need to get my daughters to school on time!

Good morning folks

It was 42 F and windy on the way to work. High today will be 49 F but the wind chills will be in the low 30’s and high 20’s. Yesterday was a weird and nasty weather day. We had cold temperatures with a biting rain. Some areas had snow. Roads were closed and there were accidents every where.

I thought I would get some modeling done but because of the weather I had to take the roof cover and screens off the outdoor gazebo so they would not be damaged by the winds. I had to take my daughter to flute lesson while my wife stayed home and helped my son out with his first real book report for school. I also had to deliver some popcorn to one the Cub Scout moms since they won’t be at the Den Meetings tonight.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning from the cold, dark, and snowy Finger lakes!

Well, not all that bad I guess, but the current temperature is 35°F and little white bits of partly cloudy are blowing around the area. The predicted high today is for all of 37°F so I think I will get out the winter coat.

All told a good day to stay inside and clean house. Maybe finish a couple of projects for the layout and get a mailing ready for the MLK Committee. I also have a Pack meeting to go to tonight. Have a blood draw tomorrow morning so I have to be "good" today.

See you all later!

Good Morning ! It's cold 39 but no snow here . All went further South off the lake . have to run so just want to wish everyone a nice day !!!!!!!!

Afternoon Gents,

just done a bit of retail therapy, one Bachmann BP oil tanker for me, one Tornado jet fighter for Rob, one fire truck for Matt and a shiny lexus for Gem, all very happy now

Dentist insurance is going to pay BTW

Thanks guys for the congrats. Jim, it is amazing the my wife could put up with all my craziness for 42 years, a very very very long time...whew:D.

Jeeze Steve, are you sure she didn't star in the horror movie "The Dentist" :eek:. My dentist said that movie ruined the profession's work at taking the fear out of a dental visit.

Ken: I know exactly how you feel about preparing for company. All those things you put on the back burner for a later time, suddenly become a priority.

Paul: Did NZKEN ever send you that video clip of the beagle escaping prison? Very cute and funny. If not, I will see if I can send it to you. BTW: How's Buddy?

Good Morning All,
It was a cool but comfortable 54*F here in Coarsegold, Calif.

On the C & S West SL, a few days ago I did get the rest of the wood ties clued down in place and all are distresseed and ready to be stained, just waiting to get some Diasol thinner to thin the paint/stain with and clean the brushes. Plus I need to pick-up some medium brass rod I use to make the point throw rod with for my curved switch along with all the others I'll be making.

Hope you all have a good day and are able to get some railroading in.

Afternoon, everyone.

LOL, Steve, that must the fastest insurance settlement ever...or the best imagination for wishful thinking. :)

Ken, if I had room for #6's, I'd be ripping out my #4's pronto. When I've replaced switches, I just use some chaks to blend in the new ballast. It's not unusual for MOW crews to reballast when they repair or replace switches anyway so some variation in color is not a big deal.

David, sounds like you had a restless night. Sometimes a good long nap fixes everything.

Jeffrey, I'm happy when the power and the internet are both on at the same time. I think there's something about running wires through the woods and then not keeping up with the tree trimming that leads to this problem.

Sounds like the weather is wonderful all the way from PA to Upstate. Yuck! :eek: The wind stayed up a bit last night so it only got down to 34. Still a little breezy today but the temperature is a nice 71 so it's another beautiful fall day in the Southland.

Hey Jim, i have spoken to the solicitor and he's going to look at it nest week, in the meantime i just keep taking pictures on a daily basis.

Rez The dog breaking out of doggy jail was amazing, who would have thought !!!

Just downloaded the latest WAV. sound file for a King Tiger tank and installed it on the SD card of the Tiger 1 of mine,,, WOW, thats all i can say,,, WOW, the sound alone must have terrified the enemy to death

Jeffrey, I'm happy when the power and the internet are both on at the same time. I think there's something about running wires through the woods and then not keeping up with the tree trimming that leads to this problem.
I know the feeling. We have the same problem here at times. Just a couple of weeks ago a tree fell across the lines about half a mile from here, just back of my parents property.

I think the thing that kills me most about power going out, is that I am on a different line then my neighbor. Our whole block will be dark, and he will be bright and watching TV in his garage on the big screen.

Other thing abut tree trimming, the trees never look good after. Can't wait till they trim the one in my yard again, that puppy needs to come down before it falls on the line.

Good evening All,
Not much railroading taking place as of late.

The thing that might be of interest to some is that the LA area had a rash of smaller Earthquakes around 2.5 tonight up until about 11:15 I counted 27. I guess it better to have a bunch of smaller ones rather than one big one.

Talk to you in the morning.

Hi everyone, just passed long to say hi, its been very busy for me lately and did not have much time to get in here, even less to work on my layout, so everything is still on hold. Once I find some time I hope I can start again to work on the layout and finish the dockside I was working on.

I saw a few pictures around and they are very awesome, nice job everyone.

Hope to be here more frequently.

Back