Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Christmas took me longer than normal this year all of 20 minutes. Last year 5 1/2 hours the year before that 15 minutes. Both daughter went with me 3 years ago and it took me 10 minutes and they about had a cow. We drove all the over here for 10 minutes of shopping(I think they were mad at me). I walk in and usually find what I want to buy right away. When I see somthin I like I but it no sense in wasting time on lookin at several store when I usually go back and buy the first thing I seen that I liked. Glendia always likes what I buy well most of the time, she has never taken anything back unless I got the wrong size and she wears the stuff I get until it is good for nothing but rags.

Oh HUMBUGERRY!
Just got back from that "dashing through the snow" thing, coming home from work. We've gotten 8-10 inches of the 18-24 expected so far, and the idiots are out in force. Watched a Camry do about a 400 degree spin in front of me, on level road with no brake lights.......how?:confused: Then every moron with a full sized truck jacked up to heaven is trying to do a Mario Andretti impersonation on unplowed roads :eek: ! Then the gifted fools try to see how far they can fishtail from a traffic light when it turns green. :rolleyes: Dude, just get a normal truck at a normal height and drive like a normal person. I'm tired of my insurance rates going up because of your over-compensation for a personal deficiency!:mad: Oh and another thing. Those cute little WRX's with the 50 series tires are meant to go into ditches in the snow. :eek:
Ok,,,,,I'll get off the soapbox now......
My Christmas shopping has been done for a week, and Jan's presents are well hidden.........under the couch.....hey, she doesn't clean there, so why would she look there!!!:D:D:D
HOHOHO!!!

Afternoon, everyone.

Yep, this looks like a record breaking Nor'easter, especially from Maryland north. The satellite picture this morning looked like a winter hurricane.

Karl, assuming you can get the garage door opened, you should make enough money to buy us all a locomotive. :)

Larry, I'm like you - in and out as quick as possible. I usualy know what I want and there's no sense driving all over town to save a few bucks when you use it up on gas. Your daughter really should be talking to your FIL's doctor about better pain control. With the combinations of drugs and beter delivery systems, he shouldn't be in any significant pain. He'll probably still whine but he'll whine a lot less if he isn't in pain. :(

Barry, that's one good thing about health care - the demand is inelastic. When we get sick, we need to use the system. That's one of the reasons both of my girls are studying to be nurses.

Corey, your work will come out much better than you thought, I'm sure. When you plan something for so long, it always looks better than your mind's eye.

Thank you, Sandy. I wish I could say my heart is light, but it's not. Too many bad memories of the past and not enough good things happening now.

Willis, I think doctors are the problem sometimes. Dianna gets heart palpitations sometimes, always related to anxiety and hyperventialation. Her doctor had her wear a monitor of 30 days and it showed exactly what I said - occasional PVC's related to hypervenitlation. I have no idea what the monitor cost but it wasn't cheap. Now she has some nice skin iritation on her chest from having the pads stuck to her for a month. It will probably take a couple of weeks to clear those up and they are itching like heck. All this could have been avoided by her doctor taking a good history and physical. Very few females without a familial history of heart trouble are going to have anything significant going on when they are only 50 years old.

Jeffrey, hope your skin sucker is still doing its job. Even with our tornadoes and hurricanes, I'll take what we have compared to the blizzard they are getting up north.

I have one more present to buy and then I'm done. Everyone gets one thing this year and that's it. I'm going shopping Monday about 10:30 pm, when most of the crowds should have cleared up. Dianna wants a treadmill, even though we've already had three of them she never used. She saw one that's going to be the "magic" treadmill at Academy Sports for $600 so I guess I'll haul that home and try to set it up. I'll put it on my maintenance schedule to clean out the cobwebs every couple of months.

I've been working on a Boley inflatable rescue boat today. They are really nicely detailed and a must have for any emergency vehicle modeler. Boley is getting out of the 1:87 business so they have been on clearance at a lot of places. I got mine for $5. Get one now if you want one.

Karl, assuming you can get the garage door opened, you should make enough money to buy us all a locomotive. :)

Jim, I just woke from a winters nap, walked outside for a smoke, to discover that the snow is up to the top of my kneecaps. :eek: And we have 12 more hours of this stuff coming!!:eek: Don't worry about that garage door. I hit the button in the house, it goes up. I hit it again, it goes down!
Oh, and if the Federal health care bill gets passed, will your daughters be considered Gubmint workers then?? :confused:

Larry, I'm with you. Shopping with me has been likend to a surgical strike. In & out, in the least time possible! Especially with all the online info these days, you know where you are going to spend and what on before you get outta your jammies! Thats shopping! Spending half a day at the mall looking from shop to shop is just grazing!

Tom, Ken and any other nor'easters,,,,lets ship a trainload of this white stuff down to Chris. At least if he decides to throw it back it wont be as bad as that monkey stuff! Hey, we got plenty of it!!!

Well time for grub,,,,,,I smell lasagna!!!!!!!!!:D

Whoa! You guys up yonder are sure getting smacked. Jim, it wouldn't be much of a problem to get that much snow down here...it would be gone the next day :rolleyes::D.

Barry: I let Carolyn have the shopping "fun" (experience), other than the gifts for her. My problem is always finding something to buy for her. I can't buy clothing...never fits; I can't buy appliances...work stuff; on and on, etc.:confused: This year, buying the bicycles for each other took the pressure off :cool:.

Karl/Larry: that is exactly the way I shop, browse the websites and then a precision attack and withdrawal.;)

Jim: We have one of those treadmills...I think...let me get a shovel and remove the dust to see if it is still there. Oh well, the intentions were good! :D:D.

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way,..hmm, hmm, hmm, hmmm, something, something....one horse open sleigh!
Thanky! Thanky very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the hockey game last night was pretty fun, a real nice fight as soon as the puck dropped. It doesnt look like we'll be getting any snow from this storm thats hitting a few of the other members here. Feel free to send a few feet up north alittle bit farther :)

It was a whopping 0 degrees today, so i spent the majority of the day at the mall with some friends, and then chilled out at home. I spent an hour or so at my desk and created a locomotive with open doors, exposing a nice EMD GP40 engine. Not bad for an hours work on a cheap life like shell.

URL]

does anyone know how i can post just a picture?

Will do an example in a newer post

Matt, I don't have a Flicker account but there should be a place you can copy and paste a link with IMG tags. Don't know, though, just tried it manually and it doesn't work. If you can stand all the pop-ups, Photobucket works well for this. I used to love hockey. We played it outside when it was zero. :eek:

Rex, that much snow down here would cause a complete and total collapse of the infrastucture of Alabama. Three inches has us in a panic. :) That whole treadmill thing is really kind of irritating but, if she wants one, I guess I'll spring for another one to clutter up the basement. Hint: All women love diamonds. ;)

Karl, you're assuming you'll have power. If the power goes off, it takes some muscle to free up a garage door from the snow and ice. You may not be far off on the gubmint worker thing either. One of the provisions of the new "health" bill is any medical professional that got student loans (which, strangely enough, were all bought by the government in the last six months) has the option to work for the Barry Health Corps for two years and not have to pay it back. Just optional, of course. :rolleyes: I told them both to expect to spend a while on an Indian Reservation or a nice inner-city neighborhood. :mad:

I suspect some of our friends may be offline because the power has failed. Last I read was a million customers out. For most of the area, the snow should end by midnight, so the worst should be passing. Looks like 13 to 20 inches have been in the average in the DC metro area and a foot in Philly and New York City. This storm has already broken many records for one day's snowfalls. Luckily, it's picking up speed as it moves north, or it would have been even worse. It's 41, cloudy, and breezy and we're freezing to death here. :D

HELP!!! We just had a visitation from CATZILLA!!!---ohno ohno

-------------oh---and the other one is of 'Spring' cuddled up in the tree--caught him just as he was waking up----

Matt You might try the "Manage Attachments" section under that section you write your post in. It can take the shots directly from your computer. In the area "Attach Files" click that and you will then go to that area in your computer that you have your pictures stored----then just pick the ones you're looking to post----there is a limit of 4 per go round---

Hiya Shop Dwellers,

What an interesting Saturday this has been! My family and I haven't suffered any seriously adverse effects from the blizzard; got the house very well stocked with food, and the Durango cuts thru the snow like a tank. I have the house to myself, the wife and kids headed over to Grandma's this afternoon so she wouldn't be trapped alone in her house. The kids were looking forward to the arrival of the cousins from Alabama.

As for the 'Bama relatives, it was a different story: They got trapped on I-81 in southwestern Virginia yesterday. Traffic was so gridlocked they just shut off the motor and sat at the same spot for 8 hours and fell asleep, until they were awakened by a VA State Trooper tapping on the window to make sure they were OK. They limped along another ~100 miles until 4:00pm when they got to Harrisonburg. At that time the Governor declared a state of emergency and shut down several of the interstate highways, including I-81. So they were forced to stay at a motel. I'm glad they found a place with a vacancy, the motels are all probably booked solid with Interstate refugees! They weren't able to get any supper, though - all the restaurants were closed. I wonder if they'll be able to get to MD tomorrow..?

Some of you guys are talking about Christmas shopping: That was my original plan for today, but the weather had other ideas. I would have preferred to go last Saturday but I was busy picking up Sarah from her college town in Ohio. Now I suppose I'll use a vacation day to visit the mall. I prefer to go in-and-out as quickly as possible, but what usually slows me down is trying to find some of the more esoteric items on Vicky's wish list. Failing that, there's always Plan B: Gift cards!:rolleyes:

Jim - sorry to hear that those bad memories are haunting you. I haven't experienced any traumatizing events myself during Christmas, but often I find myself having the Blues for no obvious reason. I hear ya on the power outage thing - my son and I brought in a sizable stack of firewood for the woodstove immediately before the snow started falling, so at least we won't freeze if the power dies.

Karl - I see Keith had to cancel the VFD train show for today because of the blizzard.

Matt - If you want a picture to display directly in the message, all you need to do is post the exact URL [web address] of the image you want to embed within [ IMG ] tags, like this:
HowToEmbedAphoto.gif

(I posted the sample text above as an image so the Forum software wouldn't mistakenly interpret the IMG tags.) If you're not sure of your photo's direct web address [including the file name], you can do a right-mouse-click directly on the photo while you are viewing it, then choose "Properties" from the drop-down menu. The image's web address will display near the top of the Properties dialog. That is how I found your image's URL.

Thanks for the help guys, its not working but its not to bad of a problem

This is the same as explained by Jim in his post

th_TrackMaint.png

Thought Matt could click on "Edit" and see for himself, there was no photo at the link he was trying to show.
Willis

Thanks Willis, i did try that, ill play around with the flickr thing and see what i can do

Merry Christmas Everyone

I would like to wish one and all, (even the Auburn fans) a very merry safe Christmas. It's been a real roller coaster of a year with some highs but some really low lows. Hopefully next year things won't be as cruddy. Sorry if i havn't been in touch for a while but like i said it's been crap this year.

I rescued a cat yesterday guy's, it was a tiny kitten and had crawled up a wooden box section carrying heating services inside a wall, it only had 2"
by 5" of room to play with but managed to wedge it's self in, i was very lucky to be able to get the little guy out unhurt, if rather BLACK with soot.

Keep The Wheels Rolling and The Couplers Greased Guys

Merry HO HO HO! We spent yesterday at Bush Gardens and took a look see at their CHRISTMAS SHOWS. They were real nice The air temp in Tampa was around the upper 60's last night made riding the coaster real fun:rolleyes: i do believe i got a wind burn on the old lips! Woke up this morning to a Sunny and Coooool Temp of 52*s Tonight forcasted low for my area 32* and frost! Then it should warm up nice after that.

All our shopping was done on black friday. We took my son friday to the DMV to get him his photo ID and Register his Mini Bike! Almost everyday he ask to ride the bike! My Answer, "What Bike, we didn't buy you a bike for Christmas........We don't like you!:)" I don't think he's buying it:confused::rolleyes:!

KARL, Yes, i see the sorry attempt to send snow! Just to let you know it just cooled things off some! I was going to power wash the patio but due to this cooled weather I've got lots of free time left, so on with a D(Government style)MSF at Flos!:eek: It's your Fault!!!!:eek::eek:

STEVE B!:eek: OMG it's great to hear from ya!:) Merry Christmas pal!

Matt - If you want a picture to display directly in the message, all you need to do is post the exact URL [web address] of the image you want to embed within [ IMG ] tags, like this:
HowToEmbedAphoto.gif

(I posted the sample text above as an image so the Forum software wouldn't mistakenly interpret the IMG tags.) If you're not sure of your photo's direct web address [including the file name], you can do a right-mouse-click directly on the photo while you are viewing it, then choose "Properties" from the drop-down menu.
Make sure you type the IMG tags in with no spaces. They won't work if there are spaces in them.

Good morning. It's 31 and sunny. The high will be in the mid 50's with rain.

Part of yesterday was spent reinstalling the software on my computer. For some unknown reason the operating system dropped about half of it's drivers and crashed. I tried restoring it but to no avail. I finally ended up wiping the drive and reinstalling the operating system. After that it was just a long process of copying backup data from DVD's to the C drive. I've got most everything back in order now. I could have thought up better ways to spend my time.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/PA290112.jpg

Good morning folks.

We have a dusting of snow for the drive to my Father's house for Christmas. Every year we drive on awful roads to his house. Though it's only an inch of snow, it creates problems out in the country. Maybe we should do it in July!

Have a great day everyone! We'll see what I get for Christmas!:D

Afternoon here in Central Nova, so good afternoon folks
A calm before the storm which seems to be a mixed bag of rain and snow finishing with rain so no shoveling required.

Matt check your last post on this thread about posting photos, I inserted a small photo so you can click on the "Edit" button and see for your self. It's the same as the help Jim posted for you.

Have to get lunch and finish the dog house so y'all have a great day
Cheers
Willis

Hey everyone!

Been like a month since I dropped in to say hi. It has been a pretty bad month too compared to the rest of the year. I don't know how much I can say until the investigation is over though, but I will say it involves a safe, money missing, and 4 people working who didn't see anything (and also didn't do it). Other than that, school got pretty rough the last month but I managed to pull that off too!

Now if I could just dig my car out (not happening with this inch of snow, its parked till I push it) and get some christmas shopping done. Should be a surprise this year of what I get, never told anyone what I really wanted, other than a new car of course :D

Chris: Don't die with those horrid cold temps :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back