Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Early Morning to everyone,

Yes, it's 3:31Am her in Coarsegold, Ca.

I spent the very early morning hours doing some more wiring on the main line trackage for the upper section of Horseshoe Medow which is at the South end of my layout.

Let me tell you, it really felt rewarding to do this as it's only taken me about 18 years to get this far do to one thing or another.

So this has been a long time in the works due in part to indecision on my part of not being sure just how I was going to handle the wiring situation. I've got three more blocks to wire to complete it but I'm making progress now and it feels real good indeed.

Have a real good day!

Good morning folks.

Life has a way of speeding up around this time of year. I haven't done any modeling since before Thanksgiving. I finally started another project on my layout. I've been stalling with my depot project, trying to decide how to kitbash my kits into the real thing. I was hung up on how perfect I could make it. Well, it's not going to be perfect! What a liberating feeling! I realized that as long as it is a good representation of the real thing then I'm okay. It's too cold to paint outside so I brought my painting to work yesterday. I can paint in the basement with little to no fumes going upstairs. Progress can continue!

Isn't it funny how you can get hung up analyzing what your going to do? I'm reminding myself that a fair amount of planning is okay, but don't let it stop you from making progress.

We are going full speed ahead with Christmas festivities this weekend.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Good morning folks

It was 22 F as I headed out onto the roadways this morning. High today will be 35 F. The weather service has issued a full scale Bread and Milk Panic for the Philadelphia metropolitan area. Area grocery store parking lots will become congested. Check out lines will be backed up to the rear of the store. Shelves will be empty by dinner time. There will not be a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, or a roll of toilet paper to be found by midnight. There is no escape. All within the alert area will be overcome by the urge to go out and buy 6 gallons of milk, 12 loaves of bread, and two cases of toilet paper.

That is right we are under a Winter Storm Warning for Saturday. We could get anywhere from 6 to 12 inches of snow. The weather forecasters are whipping up a frenzy.

The last few days at work have been one crisis after another. The bid opening on our high priority project got moved back by five days after being pushed forward several weeks ago. This set off a flurry of name calling and finger pointing which finally calmed down yesterday afternoon.

At home it has been calmer. The other night we had our Holiday Party for the Cub Scouts. It was a lot of fun. We gave out a bunch of awards and presents.

My son is fiddling with street lighting for the layout. He found some old street lights that I had and wired a few them up. So now he is searching through the Walthers catalogue to find more.

The wife wants to go to Walmart tonight. Apparently she has something at their Site to Store that she ordered. If the predicated snow happens tomorrow we will be making cookies. Maybe I will get some modeling done. Sunday will most likely being spent shoveling the white stuff.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning. It's 43 and sunny. The high will be in the upper 50's and it will be partly cloudy. A welcome change from the rain we had all day yesterday.

Finally I get a day with no appointments, no places to be, no government type papers to file anymore. Nothing to do but put my feet up, watch some TV, maybe work on the layout and get some rest. My eyes still hurt a little from the dilation yesterday but my vision is clear. The wound vac is is working just as intended. The catch basin on it is 2/5 filled with liquid drawn off from the wound. A Home Health nurse will be coming out tomorrow to change it and change the dressing and vacuum point on my foot.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/PC170298.jpg

Jim- An outside linebacker is pretty much just the guy that makes sure the tight end (reciever (and my other position) doesnt even get a chance to receive, or to nail the running back if its not a pass play. I'm 5'11'' right now, and by next season i hope to be about 6'2, and i stand about eye to eye with most of the sophmores, so my size isnt to bad lol. My best chance at scoring a TD is if one of the cornerbacks or safety doesnt get the ball first lol. This coming season i'd like to play on special teams as well, AKA the kickoff team.

Tompm- is 6-12 inches alot for Philly? Around here they dont even close school until we get about 7 inches, and thats if we're lucky.

Well today it was bitter cold, i got my 5 week report card, AP Geometry and AP World History are alittle low, but i'll have them up before the quarter ends. Baseball season will be here soon it seems. I think im going to the hockey game tonight with a few friends, and my mom and sister will be gone making cookies with Nana tommorow, so i'll get to go to the mall to go shopping for them, and me too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon, everyone.

Phillip, they had six "bona-fide" offers of $100 million but didn't want to take them? Does that set off any scam alerts for you? Let's say that, for some reason, all the major auto companies wanted that engine killed. Do you think that GE, that was trying to break EMD's dominance of the locomotive market, might not have been interested? And how did they expect to get this engine in the "hands of the people" if they didn't sell at least the rights to manufacture to someone? Think the Army and Navy might not have wanted a diesel with kind of fuel economy? Sorry, but I don't buy this story either. There are only so many ways in the laws of physics that you can move a certain amount of weight with using a certain amount of power.

David, yes, I lived in Sonoma Coounty and my brother lived in Carson City, so I was up over the hill a lot. Beautiful area up there although things get a little dicey in fire season. :eek: Glad to hear you're fionally making some progress on tghe wiring. After 18 years of planning, things should work perfectly - right? ;)

Chris, I don't know if you'll get into the 30's but it's going to be a lot colder. We had 1.69 inches here overnight but that's all pushing north now.

Tom, and all of you guys in the Northeast, time to batten down the hatches. You have a classic winter Nor'easter headed toward you so it will be a full-fledged bread and milk panic. I expect everywhere from North Carolina to Boston will be shut down this weekend. I think a foot of snow with 30-40 mph winds is a conservative estimate.

Corey, it's called analysis paralysis. This used to drive me nuts with the engineers I worked with. They would engineer something from now until the second coming of Christ if someone didn't step and say it was "good enough". We'll never get anything either perfect or exactly how we we want it, so "good enough" is better than having nothing. I'm sure your station will be "good enough". :)

Jeffrey, glad to hear you have nothing to do today except let that vacuum keep sucking. Getting some rest sounds like an excellent idea.

Cloudy and cool after a very rainy night here. Not as bad as further north, where some ares around Birmingham got 7 inches of rain. The Alabama River should be at flood stage by midnight. Not a big threat to populated areas but there should be lots of lowland flooding. What a change from our drought of last year. I got some new Crown Vics, decals, and light bars, so I'm going to start on a few new police cars. Of c ourse, that's assuming I can do this in between the 49 other things Dianna has dreamed up for me that have to be done "right now". Any one else get the feeling you never get left alone for more than five minutes?

Good evening folks
Was sunny and bright today in Central Nova, but +7F, kind of sneaks up on an old person. Well don't have to shovel or plow when it's like this, just when it warms up to the 30's
Other than house chores and building a door for the dog house that took my whole day.
Starting to think about the train room again, not too sure of what I want to do with it yet.
Jeffery I'm beginning to wonder if the cause of your problems isn't the doctors. The last time I saw one I was sick for about a year after, fact is I've never fully recovered. What get's me is I was in great shape when I went in for a checkup and it all went down hill since. I'll be darned if I'll go in again.
Y'all have a great evening
Cheers
Willis

Good Evening from BrokenPipeVille--:(:confused:

We just had a broken watermain early yesterday morning---and now---we are back to another broken pipe just about 50' feet from our house----yay:mad::cool:

Jim Avoid speaking too loudly about SWMBO. :eek::eek: That "gotta do NOW!!" list may suddenly get larger!:eek::eek::rolleyes::):)----and don't ask me how I know this:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek:

Drop the temps and let the ice capades begin!

I hear ya Jeffrey! The weatherguessers have predicted the white plague for our area. The latest from the talking heads is 18-24 inches before it is all done Sunday morning. It's supposed to start after midnight tonight. And I gotta work tomorrow!:( Well the truck is gassed up, the fluids all topped off, new wipers and the 4x4 hubs are already locked in. Supposed to have 3 inches at morning drive time (6 a.m.) and 6 inches by noon, then the heavy stuff hits. Oh Joy!
The only good part is the basement is stocked with 4 days of firewood, the fridge is full, we got plenty of T.P. and I get off at noon tomorrow. Once I get home, I'm staying in til it quits, THEN, and only then will I get the Deere out. Them comes money making time! A large tractor, a plow , and a bunch of lazy neighbors with more wallet than sense can get you a whole lotta choo-choos if you play your cars right! And I just advance ordered 3 Atlas Maryland Midland SD24's with DCC and sound! :D Gotta pay for em somehow!!
Let it snow!

:DEvening All!

Tried to catch up with all the posts. Hope I didn't miss anything important!

Except for a few small items, I am done Christmas shopping. Yes!! Now I can relax and enjoy. Wednesday evening we met at the church and put the Christmas baskets together. Tomorrow after church we will have a haystacks potluck and then add the fresh and frozen items to the baskets and then deliver them. Lots of food and gifts for folks who can really use it this season. Our church does this throughout the year, but it is always special at Christmas time. It is really a blessing for those who participate.

Larry...I am so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. It sounds like your friends here are adding him to their prayers, and so will I.

Jim...You are also in my thoughts as you approach this time of year that is bitter sweet. I hope your heart is light enough to enjoy the season.

Matt...Welcome! How wonderful to have you here! And I hope you can work up a surprised look when you receive your kayak!! :eek:

Corey...You were right, of course ;) Helping with the food baskets DID indeed set my spirit in the right path. I am now ready for Christmas, instead of not caring about it at all.

Chris...I know that your business will be a great success! Soon you will be busier than you could have imagined! Yea!

Jeffrey...I hope you are not overdoing it. You stay too busy! You need to recover. I hope that handy dandy machine works its magic on your foot!

Rex...Merry Christmas to you in Tuscaloosa! I love that town!! :D

I hope everyone has a terrific weekend. I am taking care of my brother's place while he and his wife go to Kokomo to spend a few days with their son and his family. Then they're back home only to turn around and fly their plane to Wichita to their other son's home for Christmas. I always dread it when they fly, but they love it...so I just keep them in my prayers :)

Good night ALL!

Sandy

(a couple of photos of my church. I think I mentioned it was out in the country :D the cow is an across the way neighbor.)

It looks like we are in for one nasty Nor’easter. The snowfall amounts are now in the 8 to 14 inch range. The Winter Storm Warning this morning only included two Pennsylvania counties; Delaware (my home county) and Philadelphia. It now includes about a third of state.

We went to Walmart in Centerville, DE and it was a nuthouse. Between the people stocking up on bread and milk you had everyone else trying to finish their Christmas shopping in none trip. On the way home we stopped at Johnnies Hot Dogs on US 202; best hog dogs in the area as far as my family is concerned.

Matt, 6 to 12 inches in one storm is a lot for us. Most storms we get 3 to 6 inches at a time. I think our average snowfall is around 21 inches. Of course it only takes a dusting to make everyone around here to forget how to drive.

Jeffrey...I hope you are not overdoing it. You stay too busy! You need to recover. I hope that handy dandy machine works its magic on your foot!
I've been home all day and been laying in the bedroom watching the TV or sitting in the front room at the computer. I did do a little work on a bobber caboose but that was done while sitting down as well.

Jim, thanks for the vote of confidence! You know, most men think the 'honeydue' list only ripens in the summer. Oh know, it grows quite quickly during the holiday season as well!:)

Sandy, of course I as right!:D;) Just kidding, I'm glad you're in the Christmas spirit now! There are much worse things to get caught up in.

Good luck to all of the soon to be snowed in friends out there. You know that everyone wants to get snowed in for at least one day.

Have a good night.

It looks like I am chauffeur today. Every time it snows Glendia goes into panic mode. She does not like to drive in snow and when she does 20MPH is her top speed. That is a real hazard with so many idiots out there. She starts witching about it as soon as it is predicted and gets all worked up over a dusting that amounts to nothing. Oh well I do not work weekends so it is a chauffeuring I go HI HO! HI HO! it is a chauffeuring I go. Plus the fact her dad is in pain she has not had a very good day. My FIL is not one to stand pain or any discomfort very well at all. I do not know how my MIL put up with it for 58 years and now Glendia is now seeing what she went through. He has always been a complainer but it is really getting bad now. Valerie our oldest is an RN and she cannot stand a whiner so she is having a hard time accepting her Papaw's whining.

Last edited:
Morning--

We here in the Miami of the North are seeing nothing for snow and just plain ol' DULL today----yay:rolleyes:

Got a few things to do today----one being getting trainroom converted into a guestroom----without folding the layout all up:rolleyes::cool:

We're also now looking for about 10 more employees as we just expanded---again:):) But then---that's healthcare:);) Work has been getting a little busy of late----and the weekend seminar series has now taken a Christmas break----:D

Anyways---you all have a good'un:D:D:)

HO HO HO! I'm starting to get that strange feeling again...happens around this time every year. There are a lot of folks with the same symptoms around here. Hmmm! I read that SANDY has caught it as well:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back