Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
afternoon all,
Josh sorry to hear about your dad, we'll be thinking about you all.

got the downpour from hell today, we had six inches of water on the factory roof in 10 mins, the stuff poured in everywhere,,,,it shut the place down full stop

Thanks guys! I remember when I was a youngon, and my Grandma, Dad's mom, was on an oxygen tank. So, I can imagine my dad will get one.

Good Afternoon everyone! I'm still frustrated seeing things I want to do, but can't. Still mending my right arm, but it's a lot better. Just can't twist it with any weight on it.

FYI: Carey(Cjcrescent) is still kicking around, but has had a bad reaction to some meds he was taking. Hopefully, he will be back with us soon.

Josh, I am very sorry your Dad is having breathing problems. Maybe they can clear it up with him using inhalers and breathing exercises. They have come along way with this.

KenL, glad your back.

Tom, lucky you caught the problem before any of the run-off got in the pond.

Steve, you best keep a snorkel in your locker for the next rain.:D

Ray/Larry, it is always nice to run across old friends/teachers. Not long ago there was a old man in the barbershop that kept looking at me. He looked familiar, but I couldn't place him. After he finished he walked over and said, "You don't remember me, do you? I'm Coach Henderson and you're 'Kentucky'." He was my high school football coach at 88 yrs old that I haven't seen in 45 years. He always called me "Kentucky" because we had moved to Alabama from there. Amazing!;) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The cat scan went well this morning, though the iodine solution made me dizzy and I nearly passed out. I guess I'm a little allergig to it. I went to the shop from there and worked til noon then came home.

I got a GP38-2 in the mail today from a friend in Oklahoma. It's used but servicable. I'm going to tear it down and give it a good cleaning and lube. It tends to chirp a little going forward but is silent running backward. It has a few little issues with broken details but I don't mind that. It's a GP38-2 UP #2027, item 30790, limited edition. I like that it didn't cost me anything. He gave it to me, even paid postage.

Rex: I've been having lower abdominal pain for a little over a month now. The doc and I are very curious about what may be causing it. I think it may be a hernia. It's been going on too long for appendicitis. Usually that would run it's course in under three weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening everyone. Just thought I'd stick my head in to say hello,and show you,that I too am still around. Here's why I haven't been online. My computer died:( ,and well,as it turned out,it was the motherboard.:eek: .So,after going to the local computer store,I now have a "new" machine,that is a whole lot faster,and I now have DSL,through cable.YEAH:D :cool:. So guys,I'm back,and things are good for the time being. Also,I had to buy a new Digital camera,my little HP E-317,took a mortal hit,and welll,I now have a Canon A550 7.1megapixile camera that takes some really great shots. I spoke to Carey today,and he sounds a little better,but not quite out of the woods yet. I too hope he gets over this mess he's got. Anyway,all's good on this end,so I gotta run,but, I'll check back in,in a day or so. Take care all.William.'

Josh: I'm sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with him for a speady recovery.
Not much to report tonight. I worked on trimming the brush at the UPRR crossing. Since we've got something like 1 mile of track running through us it's quite a job.
Time to hit the hay.
Good Night All

Just received two Athearn SD40-2 in the mail (both dummies) where do I get metal wheels and pickups for these?

Ken

Just received two Athearn SD40-2 in the mail (both dummies) where do I get metal wheels and pickups for these?

Ken

Ken, Id suggest getting a powered one cheap on eBay, it will usually run your around $20. BUT if you want new, Horizon has it all:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Stores/Products.aspx?StoreCatId=T&CatId=THC

Good luck with the Doc Jeffrey!

So, it seems my dad is doing well, they took him off some blood pressure medicine because it, combined with the heat of the summer, lowered his blood pressure too much. They took him off the oxygen for today, to see if he responds well, if not he'll most likely be staying a few more days, or going home with an oxygen tank.

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

07-18-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/18/2007

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph SE

Today High: 90 Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs near 90. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

steakandeggs.jpg

Good morning folks

It was raining when I got up this morning. They are calling for a 50% chance of severe thunderstorms for most of the day and evening. The high is supposed to be 86. It was 79 F when I left the house this morning and the air was getting that ugly muggy feeling.

Nothing to report on the modeling front. I spent most of the evening working on my Cub Scout Pack’s new website. When I wasn’t doing that I was shuttling my daughter to her flute lesson.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Tom!

I will be spending most of the day at a Cub Scout Day Camp taking photos and Video Footage for Council camp publicity. See ya later!

Good Morning All ! Just came in to give a big hello . See that there are a few problems around praying that everyone will be ok ! Take care all going to our local Canal fest today and listen to some good Polish Music . And also a nice Classic Car show going on so will be looking at some old beauties !!!

Howdy all, what a great day - for working indoors! :D I see a spammer penetrated the Forum's defenses. I'd gladly report it except I can't remember the protocol...

Josh - good to hear your dad is doing better, hope he gets out soon

Jeffrey - hope the docs find some answers to that abdominal issue.

NZKen - could you maybe post a few pix of your new Athearn SD40-2's? I'm thinking about investing in a few, but I want to see what type of detail they have...

Rex, it's great to be back. Hope that arm heals pronto!

Well I learned something new yesterday. A costly lesson - $130 worth to be exact :mad: . I felt compelled to buy a new airbrush because the Aztek I've had for the past 8 years was irrepairably suffocated. Seems I never learned that one must NEVER use 91% alcohol to thin Pollyscale acrylics. About 2 minutes after I had begun spraying, the brush clogged. Then I discovered that what had been a liquid was now a jelly-like sludge! I dissassembled the Aztek as much as possible, but the channel inside the handle was hopelessly gunked. I didn't feel like wasting hours of my precious time trying to figure out how to fix that mess, so I got me a Badger Model 155 instead. (There goes my decoder budget for this month...)

Afternoon all,
Ken M i got a scrap loco off ebay for the wheels when i had some dummie loco's.
Ken L thats a pain in the butt, hopefully the badger will be a better brush anyway.
Jeffery hope all goes well with the investigations
William good to see you again, happy new PC

Ray, Tom, Paul, JoshAfternoon gents

Rex- it has been about a week since you tried to suspend the laws of gravity, how are the bruises looking?
You could have used a skyhook, instead of stepping on a shelf.
Hope the arm gets well enough to swing a cat.
Are you making plans how to properly get back up there without injuring yourself?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back