Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom,

Congrats on the contract.

I have finally got some benchwork up--man it feels good to have a layout. I'm planning on laying the plan out tonight if I can get the gumption up. Working after work has been difficult lately.

I'm also going to run out of work before I can get the cash together to do the trackwork. However, I do have enough materials to build the turnouts, so at least I have two weeks or so to make it happen.

Funny how an intellectual concept like money can throw a damper on the creative process.

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/10/2007

Heat Index: 90°F
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 76°F

So Far Today
High: 82°F
Low: 76°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph SSW

Through 11 AM...isolated showers streaming in from the gulf will move northeast at 20 knots over the coastal waters east of Cameron. These showers will continue to move inland into acadiana. Areas east of Lafayette and New Iberia can expect amounts ranging from a trace to a tenth of an inch.

Today High: 92 Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds around 10 mph.

sausage1.jpg

Goodness:eek: ! Thought I had better bump this up front where it belongs. Certainly a slow business day. I guess others don't like eating/drinking around the new paint job (pukey). Flo, you gals might want to consider a change in the paint scheme.

:) Hope all of you are having a good week:) . I'm still building on my new room with the final insulation. I decided to go ahead and get the sheetrock (gypsum board to you Yankees) over with and should be able to start on it about Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a slow night here. I'll just have a quick cup of decafe and head out.
We hauled about 7 yds of washout from the concrete plant. tomorrow We'll spread it on the pad for the storage container. I hope that it will dry out and stablize it enough to have the container brought in. We also mowed the front and upper back yards this morning. Boy the grass grows fast with a little rain.
No MRRing again today. When we get the container in Maybe I'll be able to get some of the clutter out of the basement and have some room to work.
Well it's time for bed.
Good Night All

Good Morning Bill ! Looks like a cold front is moving across the Eastern United Ststes. So temps. heading into the 70's . been doing lots of home projects in anticipation of out of town guests . boy wife has me hopping . Well just time for a quick cup of coffe flo and back to work .Hope everyone has a real good day !!

Morning Gents.

More progress on the layout. Man it feels good. I'm still a ways from running anything, but at least there's something to work on. Last night I painted the roads onto the layout. Next step will be building the turnouts.

Today High: 95 Sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

Good morning folks

The weather guessers promise that our 90 plus temperatures and oppressive humidity will break today. Of course the cure maybe as bad as the disease as we are expecting some ugly thunderstorms as a cold front moves through. Right now it is a sticky 76 F with a high of 89 F.

I changed out the couplers on the Athearn tank cars to Kadees and also removed the wheels so I can weather them. I also removed the wheels from the Atlas ACF 23,500 Gallon Tank Cars. That was no fun since the cars have a lot of delicate parts on them.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Hello all, not going to be around for a while yet,,, got a direct hit by lightning on sunday morning, took the bloody lot out, PC, modem, phone etc etc, not a happy bunny, i'm on a pc at work to keep in touch for now
later folks

Hello all, not going to be around for a while yet,,, got a direct hit by lightning on sunday morning, took the bloody lot out, PC, modem, phone etc etc, not a happy bunny, i'm on a pc at work to keep in touch for now
later folks

I was just thinking last nite, wheres Steve, I was going to email you to check. Good luck with the rebuilds.

Ken.

Howdy Ken,,, I HATE ROUTERS, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
LOL what a day, got router 1, didn't work so took it back and swapped for another,,, this to is knackered so off to different shop, modem three purchased, installed, DIDN'twork, so that to is going back with modem 2, LOL, anyway i borrowed next door's and it works fine but he's want's it back in ten min's so gotta dash,,,,
i lost everyone's e-mail and contact details,,,

next door's got a lightning bolt from the modem four foot across the room to the wall, LOL that scared them big time, a real brown trouser job, see you all soon

good luck on the modems and routers. I hate dealing with routers...
we had 90 degree heat here last week too..thought I was going to pass out doing chores for the horses. now it's cooler..for a few days at least.
*goes back to apt hunting*

Who said old men can't bounce!!

HI all! Guess my room project has to be on hold for a week for body repairs. I bought all the sheet rock, nails and stuff, and was all set-to-go this weekend. Then, I noticed a place on the top end that I hadn't closed-in and up the ladder I went. I couldn't quite reach where I wanted using the ladder, so I stepped over on a shelf that was attached to the wall...seemed fine...started to work. OH ****:eek: ! Straight down I went, about 6 feet, and landed on my side, half on the fallen shelf and half on the concrete. Ummmph!:D I took some bark off of my left arm, which is no big deal, but I somehow got my right arm twisted under me when I hit. So now, I can't twist my right arm without pain near the elbow. I'm hoping it is only a sprain and rest will take care of it. Probably a strained whats-it thingy:D . Know that I will be some kinda sore tomorrow.

Hey Rex I didn't know that you took med courses. It's nice to know the real medical terms for the body parts. I hope that you heal quick. I know how it is to be laid up.
We got the washout spread on the pad and it helped a bunch. We'll order the container tomorrow and if it doesn't rain we should be able to get it in soon. I'll still have to do some tree triming. The grapple on the tractors loader really makes clean up from trimming a snap/
Sreve I'm sorry to hear about your lightning strike. If that ever happens to my puter it's to the store for a new one. I'm not puter savey.
Gang, I'm tired so it's off to bed. I thought being retired would be easy living. Yea Ha Ha.

Who said old men can't bounce!!

HI all! Guess my room project has to be on hold for a week for body repairs. I bought all the sheet rock, nails and stuff, and was all set-to-go this weekend. Then, I noticed a place on the top end that I hadn't closed-in and up the ladder I went. I couldn't quite reach where I wanted using the ladder, so I stepped over on a shelf that was attached to the wall...seemed fine...started to work. OH ****:eek: ! Straight down I went, about 6 feet, and landed on my side, half on the fallen shelf and half on the concrete. Ummmph!:D I took some bark off of my left arm, which is no big deal, but I somehow got my right arm twisted under me when I hit. So now, I can't twist my right arm without pain near the elbow. I'm hoping it is only a sprain and rest will take care of it. Probably a strained whats-it thingy:D . Know that I will be some kinda sore tomorrow.

Crikey!! do you know any nice nurses with a helpful;) bedside manner??:D
Hope nothing to serious and your back to "work" soon.

Ken.

Rexhea: You need to be more careful there guy. You could get hurt playing those kid games.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/12/2007

Heat Index: 83°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 75°F

So Far Today
High: 80°F
Low: 77°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. Light mainly south winds.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.
scambledeggs.jpg

Good morning folks

A much nicer day than we had yesterday. Temperatures are milder and the humidity is less. Currently it is 72 F with a high of 85 F. Last night’ commute home was pure hell! My normal commute takes 40 to 50 minutes. I left work last night at 3:30 PM in some rain. About 10 minutes out the rain turned into a deluge. It was so bad I had to pull over. Then the water started rising around me and literally had to move to higher ground. There was flooding every where. Roads were closed, traffic was a mess. The police were pulling people out of cars was that were swamped by incredibly fast rising water. I had to bushwhack. I walked in the front door with the sun now shinning at 6:30 PM! A three hour commute! Even in Hurricane Floyd I did not see anything like last night.

I cleaned off the layout some and came up with a scenery shopping listing for the LHS.

I am home today from work. I have to take my son to the doctor’s for a regular check-up. My wife was going to do it but she got called into work. Since she just started and has no time and I have days and days of time, I get to do it. (Which means him and I can hit the LHS on the way home!)

I hope everybody has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back