Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Bill , Jeffrey & Tom and everyone else ! Steve lightning is not fun . Few years back it hit my house and took out every electronic in the house. Just be happy that no one was hurt and no fire. Rex gotta watch out for those ladders. My house is 2 and half stories up I use to go up the ladder to paint and clean out the gutters .But now it looks like a long way up there. It's nice nad cool here in the seventies and no humidity . Nice change from the heat . Well gonna get going . You all have a nice day !!!!

Good Morning everyone! Yeah, i'm sore as predicted, but trying to figure out if I can mow the yard for the second time this year with one banged up arm. All the rains this week has sure helped the yard toward recovery.

TexPaul, it is "H" having things you not only have to do, but want to do...and can't:mad: . Maybe I can get back at things next week.;)

Danged Tom, that was a frog choker! Glad you didn't get trapped in the high water.

Jeffery, sounds like we will have the same weather today. Hot, but dry. The humidity with the high temps has been terrible around here, but it is suppose to be only around 45-50% today and around 91. It was hanging around 75%+ all week. Chance of rain again tomorrow, but we still need it being a -20.5" for the year.

NZKen, yeah, I know a nurse...my wife. Heck, that's not any fun. Besides, if it were a young pretty little thing, I'm sure my recovery would take longer...much longer:D :D :D .

Steve/NYPaul, I went through a near lightning hit at the house a few years ago. We were sleeping when it hit and I came up off the bed at least a foot. The air was full of ozone and felt very strange. We lost the TV, Stereo, computer, and the A/C controls, but the insurance covered it with direct replacements. Our poor dog never could handle thunder again and would danged near knock you in the floor trying to get under you:D .

:) Have a great day, fellows!:)

WAHEY and YIPEEEEEE got my fourth router and it works great, dammed stressfull stuff that was, next door's still finding burnt out stuff, he took the main hit.

Rex What have you done :mad: you should know better than that sir, anyway glad you not to badly hurt;) :D ;) take it easy,,,, and if having a nurse as a wife helps thing again,,, LOl they are always right;)

Tom that sounds scary stuff, not for me i'm affraid:eek:

Men I will be glad when Friday is over. My wife ordered new carpet for our back bedroom. It was supposed to be installed this coming Monday. The lady at the carpet store called Weds and told my wife they would be here Fri morn at 8:30Am to do the install. Weds morn I had just pulled out the old carpet and had planned on putting in new underlayment over the weekend. To put in the underlayment I had to take out the baseboard hot water heat in that room so I could raise it the 3/4" needed for the underlayment. Well after starting at 6:30 AM the last two days and working on it after I got home at 8PM it is ready to the new carpet. One heck of a four day job done in about 10 hours. The fin tube is reinstalled(I called a plumber friend and after $25 and 1/2 hr it is done with no leaks) so in the morning I can finish putting the covers back on and move the furniture back in after the installers leave. We are having company the last weekend of the month and one of these damned cats had peeeed on the old carpet and it really smelt badly. I said get rid of the cat but I think I would be gone afore the cat. She is 20 yr old and my wife said nobody will take her. I said we could shoot here and got the nastiest look I think I have ever gotten in 35 yrs of marriage. This is the 2nd room we have redone because of cat pee and I am really ready for that cat to go. Oh well it is Glendia's money that is paying for the carpet and I am just the flunky who get to do all of the hard work.

Last edited:
Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

07-13-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

leghome,

the cat may have issues with bladder since the cat is so old. actually my mom has one cat, Satan, who is the reason she no longer has carpeting in the house. he's very territorial with aggresive male cats. I miss my cats so much, I lost them to my ex, and I know how your wife feels. Just grin and bear it. Cats don't live long much 20 which is good news for you. And just having hardwood floors or lineloum with problem animals does the trick.

And good morning to all.

The stinky cat pee problem was one of the reasons I got rid of my cat. The other was that I found out I'm allergic to long-hair cats.

Yesterday the weather was supposed to be good. Hot, dry and partly cloudy. WRONG! It clouded up faster than 8 ounces of water with 6 Alka-Seltzer tablets in it and along about 4:30 that afternoon it poured like there was no tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning folks

We are looking at a pretty good weather day here in the Delaware Valley. The temperatures and humidity will be comfortable. Currently it is 73 F with a high of 85 F. The weather for the weekend is supposed to be similar. The Hot and Humid will return early next week.

I started back working on the layout. I began coloring a retaining wall on town side of Drexel Ridge. I first had to carve the mortar lines and then color it. I still have some fine tuning to do to it. I also began coloring the road in front of the farmhouse. My son and I stopped at the LHS and I restocked most of my scenery supplies.

Not sure what is up for this weekend. We have a barbecue to go to at my wife’s work tonight. We also have to do the bi-weekly grocery shopping torture session.

On the layout I would like to finish coloring the retaining wall and the roads and begin the ground cover. On the work bench I seven tank cars to weather starting with the wheels.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good Morning to all you fine gentlemen !! Nice cup of coffee Flo will do me just fine a;so. Cat pee never owned one just dogs although my daughter has one. My sister bought a house one time and my wife and I spent a weekend helping her and husband riping up all the carpeting from the previous owner . She had a ton of cats and we cleaned till our fingers were bloody . And she never did get all that cat smell out of there so she moved. Got a big family reunionon my wfie's side Saturday so Have to get going and help her get ready . You allhave a real fine day !!!!

Gee, let the computer malfuction for a few weeks and Coffee Shop VI turns up.
Seem like only a couple months go that the original page was getting all the comments.
Glad I can beginning catching up with what is going on in the world again!

Y'all have a great Friday the 13th.:)
Mikey

We got the container delieverd yesterday. It took all afternoon to get the thing up the hill and swung around and set close to the postion it needed to be in. This afternoon my son and a friend came up and we slid it to it's final place. It moved fairly easy on some 6x6 timbers and a push from the tractor. When it was in position I got the level to level it and would you believe it was dead on both ways? How lucky can you get? Actually it was skill grading and planning. Yea, right.
Since it's Mary Ann's container she is going to store all the stuff that needs to be out of the house. Since some of that stuff is in the basement I may end up with more room for the layout. I'm also getting my own container next month for my 7 1/2 inch gauge equipment and a bunch of the tools and stuff I have stored in the depot.
Well it's off to take care of some other chores.
Good Night All

Good morning. It's extremely wet and cloudy here today. Excellent weather if you happen to be a duck. Unfortunately, I'm not and I would like some dry weather. Could somebody please send me some?

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/14/2007

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds around 10 mph in the morning becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

steak-eggs-1.jpg

Hello gang,

I'm baaaack! :D Got in at 11:00pm last nite, spent most of the day unloading and fixing a puncture leak in theleft rear tire. Stopped into C.S. 5 but found it totally deserted!:eek: That's what I get for going away, come back to find a ghost town. Oh well I finally found my way over here so you won't get rid of me that easy, LOL!

TX-Paul, glad to see that new container had some extra mrr real estate in it!

Steve, that's mighty scary stuff about the lightning! Still have to fight tooth-n-nail to keep my kids off the putor during T-storms though. Shame that Nicky has to work on her B-Day, hope you and the kids can still make it a nice one for her though...

Chip nice to hear you're making progress on that new layout, I trust there'll be some pics soon?

Rex hope you heal up real soon. Your a braver man than I am, crawling onto a shelf.

I'm a tad money-challenged after the vacation, but I have a stockpile of models and materials to keep me busy. Next project will be painting a Kato C&NW SD38-2 into CSX colors, no small job since I also have to move the headlight from the cab roof to the nose.

Last edited by a moderator:
KenL: I'm going to need a bunch of MRR real estate. Walthers is bring out the Milw. Rd. Hiawatha and the Milwaukee depot. Home town road and depot how am I going to resist? How am I going to afford it?
Good Night All

Good morning.

The rain started coming down again about 11:00 last night and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/15/2007

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 71°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.13"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 20mph NNE

Now through 06:00 AM CDT July 15, 2007
Widely scattered showers and thunderstorms will occur in the area along and southeast of a line from Livingston to Woodville and Newton Texas to fort Polk and Alexandria Louisiana. Over the coastal waters...scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms will occur from the lower Atchafalaya River to High Island out 60 nautical miles. The storms will move east to northeast 15 mph.

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

french-toast.jpg

Morning all, out for sunday lunch to a nice italian today for nicky,s birthday treet, my treet was mopping up flood water out of the garage, the channel on the flat roof could not cope with the volume we got this week in one downpour, it overflowed into the garage, only a few bucketfulls but it went a longgggg way.

Good to see you back Ken
Rex hope your getting better after your accident
Jeffery If you have any dry weather left send it my way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back