Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks

The skies threatened yesterday but we never got any rain. As hard as it is to believe we have not had much rain lately or least the good soaking kind. We have had some heavy downpours but the water ran off quickly. I noticed this because the water level in the fish pond is down. Today is supposed to be nice with low humidity and a high of 85 F. it was a comfortable 74 F when I left the house this morning.

I added some more turf to the farm house area. I also finished painting the wheels for the tank cars and began weathering their trucks.

This is another one of those don’t know what is going to happen. There are no major plans on the boards that I am aware of. A trip to the Jersey Shore, a zoo visit? When I got home last night from work there was a coupon for Northlandz on the table and my wife was asking where it was.
I need to seal the wheels for the tank cars and finish weathering their trucks. Then comes weathering the cars themselves. On the layout I need to secure the farm house buildings and work on the driveways.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Tom!

After getting over 2" of rain in the last 3 days (1.35" yesterday) lokks like today is going to be my kind of day. Sunny and cool with a chance of a thunderstorm later in the day. Currently 63°F with a high of 72°F. May have to mow the lawn......... Anybody heard anything recently from Fergie. Seems like quite a while since he posted???

Afternoon all,

Haven't spent much time online at home because I'm up to my eyeballs in a loco painting/detailing project, photographing all the major steps so I can submit an article for Joe Fugate's planned online mag. Woulda checked-in earlier today, but my office computer [laptop] died this morning and the tech support fools couldn't get my loaner 'talking' to the network until 7 hours later!:mad:

Rex, glad you found somebody to help you resume that drywall-hanging project, take care of that injured arm!

Larry, I've got 3 or 4 of those cordless electric screwdrivers around my house [none as fancy as yours though] - once I discovered that tool, I could never bring myself to ever use hammers and nails again!

Tom, I envy you having a son who enjoys trains! My boy never developed any interest in them whatsoever, his pastimes are (1) tinkering with small i/c engines and (2) playing guitar.

...Well, back to work - didn't get anything done during the earlier part of the day because of the 'puter woes, better try doing something at least!

Afternoon All ! It poured cats and dogs last night . A wash for our Canal Fest but next three days looking good. Going to go and enjoy some of the fine food and festivities ! You all have a nice weekend !!!!

Evening Gang: I got some things done on the 7 1/2 inch gauge today but nothing on the HO. That and chasing meterial for the pump house about took up the day. Tomorrow I hope to get started on the shelves for the container and then I may get some more working room in the basement.
Time for bed.
Good Night All

Oh by the way, its a wee bit late, but my Dad left the Hospital on his own free will, and under his own power, Thursday morning, about 3AM.

Great to hear Josh!!

I've just been presented with an early Birthday gift!! We're off on a train trip tomorrow to Blenheim:D (up the east coast) We have an hour or so for lunch and then return. BUT have to be at the station about 6.45am:eek:

This is the same line I went on last year in the loco, took the freight up and the passenger down.

early to bed tonight!!

Ken.

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

07-21-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/21/2007

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph S

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

scambledeggs.jpg

Mornin' everybody!

A beautiful day here in the Finger Lakes. High will be in the upper 70's with a lot of sunshine and a mild breeze.

I will be heading out to the Boy Scout Camp later today to capture some video of the Cub Adventure weekend. This is a Family Camping experience for the Cub Scouts and looks like it should be a lot of fun. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to spend some time on the layout and get some of my city (town) finished. (Couldn't wait a couple of months for this months photo contest could you Grande Man???).

Afternoon All ! Another gorgeous day here on the Niagara Frontier. Gonna go look at the craft show at the Canal fest with the wife. I'm there for moral support. Josh glad to hear that your Dad is doing ok. NZ Ken nice birthday present ! Hope everyone has a nice Saturday !!

Evening all! That is very good news about your Dad, Josh.

My good news is my drywall is up and taped. My wife's cousin and I did a little last night and finished around lunch today. It only took us about 6-7 hours to do the work that also included a little carpentry to finish closing the room up after getting the sheetrock in. I wasn't able to nail on the ceiling, but could go at the walls pretty good. I will do the finishing mud coats this coming week and get it ready for the painting (yeah, like I really know what I'm doing, LOL:D ) Tomorrow, I will start on the wiring for the wall plugs, light, and A/C unit.

Isn't it amazing how we can low-estimate a project to justify it to ourselves (wife)? I originally figured this project between $500-600...It ended up being right at $1000 which is still not bad for an 8x21 foot room. The insulation cost really ran the price up...........and :eek: I conveniently left out a few details like: nails, wall plugs, wire, light fixture, drywall materials, and ........:eek: :D :D

Dang! Forgot the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rex, lookin' good. All those "details" you forgot aren't really part of the project.... They are just items you get from petty cash, right? Or so you can tell the CFO.

Josh, glad to hear that your dad has returned home and is doing well.

Looks great Rex!! All that falling has really paid off:D

Well been on our rail trip!! I got motion sickness:eek: Brigette was really bored and got grumpy, I got a little grumpy cause she was grumpy:mad:
And Jan is disapointed cause it wasn't a nice fun day out:p We had a great time together anyway.:cool:

I'll be old Tomorrow (Monday) 39!! :eek: :eek:

Later, Ken.

Good morning.

Looks like it'll be a good day to tear down my P2K GP38 for repainting.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/22/2007

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 71°F

So Far Today
High: 78°F
Low: 74°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 92 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds becoming north around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 65 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

steak-eggs-1.jpg

Morning yall,

Josh glad to hear your Dad's out of the hospital.

NZKen sorry your rail trip didn't turn out as nice as expected, still good to have time with the family though (BTW happy birthday!)

Rex that new trainroom extension sure is lookin' good! If I ever get to retire, maybe I'll build something like that. Plenty of land, but no money or time.

Tom we've hardly had any rain here in MD either. Lots of columonimbus clouds and wind - all talk but no action!

I won't be here much this weekend since my laptop is in the shop for repair. I have a loaner, but I don't want to use it much because I don't want to accumulate a bunch of personal files on it (so no photo processing). My kids are constantly fighting over the family 'putor, I'm trying to stay away from there as much as possible. Anyhoo, my SD38-2 project is keeping me plenty busy.

Saturday wasn't much of a mrr day for me, since I tackled a major honeydoo project: Reinforcing the right-side door on the shed. All those years of it being grabbed and slammed by the northeast wind did some serious damage and it was hangin' by a thread!:eek:

Mornin' Ken M! he, he, he..... hitting pretty close to the big 40 there. Only one year to go! Happy early birthday, Ken!!!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Ken L! I'll send my old Boy Scout Troop down to camp in your yard. It always rains when they go camping........;) :D

Afternoon all,

Josh hope your dad get's better soon.
Rex Looking good Rex, when's the sky blue going on the wall
Ken M Sorry you had a bad day, sounds like the train trip we went on that fell apart, hope Mondays better,, HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back