Coffee Shop Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Josh, these things always arrive in the mail on Friday or Saturday so that you can have high blood pressure all weekend! Bummer! I'm sure it will work out OK in the end.

Ken, it would be a lot cheaper to just get a big tent and live in that while you have a house built.... LOL I always like to watch people trying to get them in and out of camping places that were built before they made million dollar "Tin Tents". A guy here in Geneva sold his business and some business property several years ago for a large chunck of change. So to show off his new found wealth, he went out and paid cash for an $80,000 full size luxury car. Then he bought a 65' Motor Home for somewhere around $800,000. He then went up to the local trailer place to buy a car carrier to haul the car behind the Motor Home. He was not happy when the owner told him that he would have to trade in the car for a little jeep. His total length would have exceeded most states legal limit on vehicle length. Poor guy!;) :rolleyes: Personally I would rather have the jeep and a tent, but that's just me.
Thats on of those, "you have to have a CDL to drive that" situations...

Afternoon All ! Just came in awhile ago after shovling the driveway and going to church and what does it do again ? Snows , looks like I never even shoveled. Josh sorry to hear about your so called legal troubles. ray is right , they send those out so you have a nice long weekend to worry about it. President's Day Monday so courts are even closed longer. Ken That would be a nice idea to live in a Bus and build your home. Well going to go out and shovel somemore juust what I had planned for my Sunday !!!! enjoy the day all.

Happy shoveling Paul,

Just had the nosebleed from hell, feel a touch light headed now, the sort of feeling you get after several good beer's, except without the pleasure of the drink.

went on a walk into the wilderness of Duxbury wood's with the boy's and next door's boy, saw some big tree's that got blown down over the last few week's storms.
this is about five min's from home, it was a very tall beach tree
P2180120.jpg

and this was another very tall fir tree
P2180122.jpg

About 15 ton's hanging by a few strands of wood
P2180132.jpg

and a nice sunny shot
P2180131.jpg

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Nick B!

Got some partly Cloudy falling from the sky this morning here in the Finger Lakes. Could be a good day to do some "Yard Work"!

Good morning. The temp here this morning was 35 and is expected to reach a high of 65 today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/19/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 30°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 33°F

So Far Today
High: 40°F
Low: 35°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph SE

High: 65 °F
Low: 56 °F

Today High: 65 Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph this morning...increasing to 15 to 20 mph and gusty this afternoon.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy. Warmer. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Ham and eggs today.

HAMEGGS.jpg

Afternoon Ray & Nick lucky you getting that great snow, all we get is rain,
Well i got a nice present today,,, a big box of floor tiles for the bathroom floor, apperantly they "need changing" which came as a surprise to me, i thought the one's we have now were OK.

Afternoon All ! Steve looks like your going to be doing a bit of work there. Here it's nice and Sunny with a temp of 27 . Suppose to go up in the thirties later this week and then near 40 wow Spring is on it's way ! Just put together a NEW York Central Proto 2000 FA 2 locomotive and ran it on the Buffalo & Model City! real nice runner . Now I'm going to try and get the B unit off Ebay which matches it . real good deal. Well gonna get going . you all have a real nice day !!

Steve ain't trees amazing so strong and yet toppled so easily.

Paul post some pics, always interested in new locos!!

We have a very keen buyer here for the house, just need them to put pen to paper and come up with a price.

Ken.

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:

Ft Polk, LA 71459 2/20/2007
Live Conditions 8:48 AM
Fort Polk Airfield

Wind: 10 mph
Temp: 63.0°F
Switch to Celsius
Wind Chill: 62°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 58°F

So Far Today
High: 63°F
Low: 61°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 21mph SSW

High: 72 °F
Low: 55 °F

Now through 10:00 AM CST February 20, 2007

High: 72

Through 10 AM...patches of very light rain and sprinkles will move east at 35 mph across portions of southeast Texas...central and southern Louisiana...as well as the adjacent coastal waters. Rain amounts will be very light and range from a trace to a few hundredths of an inch.

Today High: 72 Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Lows in the mid 50s. Southwest winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Nick!

Mornin Jeffrey!

Ken, hope the deal goes through without a hitch and you can get settled into a new house, or bus, or motor home, or whatever you decide to do. Good luck with it!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Nick!

Mornin Jeffrey!

Mornin' Ray!

Seems that we will be having a touch of Spring this week with temps in the upper 60's to 70 degF. That's great news for my heating bills, but hope we don't get any tornadoes with it. We usually have to be on guard when the weather makes one of these changes.

Ken: Hope you can close your deal. Don't forget that it won't take long for a motor home to get VERY small...and where you going to put the layout:confused: :D . Can you lease one for maybe 6 months, a year?

Hi All ! Rex we have high winds here but very rarely tornadoes. I can see what the wind can do, hope there aren't any coming your way. It's 38 outside and it feels like 60. When you have temps in the single digits it makes 30 feel like 60. Anyhow it is melting the snow .If we get to much heat it causes flooding in our creeks and low lying areas don't need that either. Well it's Mardi gras time and last day before the lenten season for myself. I'm going to give up all sweets for the season so I hope to loose a few pounds . Keeping my fingers crossed so I don't give in to temptation. well hope everyone has a grand day !!! Ken hope your house sells at a fair price

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bill, Luc and gang!

Steve, I'm glad none of those trees were in your backyard!:eek:

Paul, good luck on your lenten fasting - enjoy those Alcoes! (BTW did you 'win' that B-unit on ebay?)

Rex - hope you and the other 'Bama guys get the best of what spring has to offer and NOT the worst...!

NZKen - Hope those people buy your house, you're in our thoughts. Ray's comment gave me an idea: Maybe you can buy a motor home, put a hitch on it, and do what Cliff Powers ("maandg" on the MR forum) did: Buy an old house-trailer and build your layout in that!

Well, my daughter Sarah got a very valuable lesson yesterday about wearing seatbelts: She was riding in the front seat of her friend's car when her friend got distracted and plowed right into the rear end of another car! The seatbelt kept Sarah from being thrown thru the winshield, she's all sore today in the abdomen and right shoulder where the seatbelt dug-in. Car was totalled, but none of the girls were hurt. (Driver is in in deep s*** though, this was her 3rd accident in the 6 mos she's had her license!) What a fragile thing life is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back