Coffee Shop Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken L blimey Ken, you don't want stuff like that happening, car's are very nasty if they are not treated with respect. A little baby aged 8 months died today near here after getting hit by a young driver speeding, he knocked the baby's pram over a wall and hit the child minder and her son, the poor baby was the only one to die, god bless, thankfully the childminder and her son survived with only minor injurys.

NZKen - Hope those people buy your house, you're in our thoughts. Ray's comment gave me an idea: Maybe you can buy a motor home, put a hitch on it, and do what Cliff Powers ("maandg" on the MR forum) did: Buy an old house-trailer and build your layout in that!

Yeah we thought of that, wouldn't that be cool, tow it to the shows (if it was good enough:eek: )

Well, my daughter Sarah got a very valuable lesson yesterday about wearing seatbelts: She was riding in the front seat of her friend's car when her friend got distracted and plowed right into the rear end of another car! The seatbelt kept Sarah from being thrown thru the winshield, she's all sore today in the abdomen and right shoulder where the seatbelt dug-in. Car was totalled, but none of the girls were hurt. (Driver is in in deep s*** though, this was her 3rd accident in the 6 mos she's had her license!) What a fragile thing life is...

We have those ads on the telly, people not wearing belts being thrown through the screen, really shocking and graphic pictures.

Ken.

Pictures

Hi All ! just a quick note for Ken, here's some pics of the P2K FA2, Just a quick note also . has anyone seen Flags Of Our Fathers yet ? There are quite a few shots at train stations that I'm sure you all will enjoy ! Have a wonderful night all !

Seat belts and air bags

Yeah we thought of that, wouldn't that be cool, tow it to the shows (if it was good enough:eek: )

We have those ads on the telly, people not wearing belts being thrown through the screen, really shocking and graphic pictures.

Ken.

Last year a drunk driver crossed the double line into my lane coming at me almost head on. I knew there was going to be a crash so I braced myself for the impack. Because I braced myself as I started foward the airbag was already on the way down. The seat belt didn't stop me from hitting my chest on the stirring wheel. When her insurance agent called I told him I wan't sueing He replied well that's refreshing.

NYC_George

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone seen Flags Of Our Fathers yet ?

Not yet, but its up there with that motor cycle movie coming soon (the name slips me).

So my dad sent me allot this past week. Got my single TTX Walthers well car, and an Athearn BN Husky Stack. Also included with that were 13 containers (13 because there's two 20 footers). A CN Covered hopper, and a UP one also. Also a pile of various stuff I'll list on eBay tonight.

Coffee Shop Version 4.0

I've spun off all the post above posts #1000 to this new discussion, this helps reduce the load on the server and makes the thread show up. Nothing was deleted, the old posts are still there under Coffee Shop Part III.

Well, Bob, as long as the food and conversation are the same, it is fine with me. Place looks the same..........

Well, Bob, as long as the food and conversation are the same, it is fine with me. Place looks the same..........

Sounds kinda echo-e, maybe because there aren't so many posts in here:D

Ken.

Evening Gang:
KenL: Glade that Sara is OK. Seat belts do work.
I made a LHS run today with an old friend of mine. I got some code 40 "N" gauge flex trac from Walthers. No I haven't gone over to the dark side. I'm going to us it for mine track. There was a bundle on the sale table so I grabed it. Anyway I also got a "N" deck truss bridge that I'll use for the base of the Sunday Lake mine. Of course I'll have to do a bunch of cutting and hacking. I ordered some Bachman signal bridges and some more of the "N" bridges for tressel work for the mine tracks. I also ordered a Jorden steam shovel. All in all it was a good trip.
Well I'm going to head for bed. Tomorrow is Mary Anns birthday and I'm going to take her to breakfast and then a her request leave her alone so she can work on the tax stuff. We will go out in the evening to Steak and Ale.
You all take care.
Good Night All

TWENTY NINE LINES TO MAKE YOU SMILE

1.. My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he was God and I didn't.
2.. I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
3.. Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
4.. I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

5.. Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.
6.. You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
7.. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
8.. Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
9.. I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are just missing.

10.. Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
11.. NyQuil, the stuffy, sneezy, why-the-heck-is-the-room-spinning medicine.
12.. God must love stupid people; He made so many.
13.. The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
14.. Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

15.. Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
16.. Being "over the hill" is much better than being under it!
17.. Wrinkled Was Not One of the Things I Wanted to Be When I Grew up.
18.. Procrastinate Now!
19.. I Have a Degree in Liberal Arts; Do You Want Fries With That?

20.. A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
21.. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance
22.. Stupidity is not a handicap. Park elsewhere!
23..They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.
24.. He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless DEAD.

25.. A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.
26.. Ham and eggs...A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
27.. The trouble with life is there's no background music.
28.. The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
29.. I smile because I don't know what the hell is going on.

Appreciate every single thing you have, especially your friends!

Life is too short and friends are too few!

The only constant in life is change. The three things you can be sure of are death, taxes and getting screwed by a lawyer.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/21/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 63°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 60°F

So Far Today
High: 63°F
Low: 63°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Now through 02:00 AM CST February 21, 2007

Low: 58

Through 2 AM...patchy light rain or sprinkles moving east can be expected across the region...with more activity from the Interstate 10 corridor south into the gulf waters.

rest of this AM Low: 58 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Lows in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds.

Today High: 78 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Southwest winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

02-21-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

I thought you would want to know about this e-mail virus. Even the most
advanced programs from Norton or McAfee cannot take care of this one.

It appears to affect those who were born prior to 1965.

Symptoms:

1. Causes you to send the same e-mail twice. done that!

2. Causes you to send a blank e-mail. that too!

3. Causes you to send e-mail to the wrong person. yep!

4. Causes you to send it back to the person who sent it to you. who, me?

5 Causes you to forget to attach the attachment. well, darn!

6. Causes you to hit "SEND" before you've finished. oh no - not again!

7. Causes you to hit "DELETE" instead of "SEND." and I just hate that!

8. Causes you to hit "SEND" when you should "DELETE." Oh, No!

IT IS CALLED THE "C-NILE VIRUS

Morning everyone. A couple more days and I'll finish a class for the semester and be able to start in my mrr.

Mornin' Jeffrey]/b]!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc! Yep, I've got that virus on my computer. One of the few that can give trouble on the Mac......:rolleyes: ;)

Sheila the cat has started on her medication for Hyperthyroid disease. I have to rub a gel in her ear twice a day, and the medication is absorbed through her skin. She sure loves the food she is getting now. The "boys" are not happy though that they can't have it too.

Been putting together another building on the layout which will become Sherman Paint. Screwed up the roof and had to scratch build one out of scale 1 x 10 lumber and made my own roofing. Going to start planting a forest today.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back