Coffee Shop Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick note before I hit the hay, Steve glad to hear your nan is on the mend, Ken We didn't have any snow this Christmas either . And great looking little kitty !! Night All Oh yeah saw that film on the Fed-Ex Truck , was wondering what happened to the poor fellow in the car that got hit before the Troopers ?

Ah, thanks for pointing out the ruler Steve. I thought the ruler was Paul pushing up a snorkel to breath.:D :D Glad to here about Nan.

Geeze, you Northern boys are going to flood this spring when all that stuff melts. Thanks for the great pictures; I had almost forgotten what snow looks like. I always loved it when I worked in the D.C. area and we had a few good ones. As KenL can verify, Washington D.C. is not a place to drive in snow. You have people from all over the world that have never driven in it and they go down the highway usually in a circular motion followed with a puff of white powder filling the air when they ditch .:eek: :D

Carey is back and has recovered. I got him to come over today and we ran trains from 11am to 7pm. Had a grand time of it and probably would not have quit then if Carey's old bod could have taken more. Me...shucks...I'm still young and spry and could have gone on for...uh...awhile.;) :rolleyes:

Good morning

Potofcoffeepouring.gif

cid_003901c6b330ad0b78500a01a8c0use.gif

Happy MRRing
freight.gif

Great snow shot's everyone, it look's very nice,,,but i'm glad we didn't get it like that

Rex that's funny;) :D ;) poor old Carey:eek:

Had a crap day today, i went to visit my consultant surgeon about my constant nose bleed, he dicided to stop it there and then with cauterisation after a wee bit of L/A,,,LOL to say it hurt is an understatement, try having a soldering iron up your spout for about 8 seconds and see if you can hold back the tears, i can't, it still smells of burning three hours later.:mad:

Morning everyone it's warm 9 degrees here today. Sorry to hear about the nose steve. I'm looking forward to this weekend because there is a train show going on in my town. Still haven't figured out a good design idea for my layout.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Steve, ouch! That hurts just to think of it. Hope it gets rid of the nosebleed.

High will get all the way up to 21°F today, currently 16° outside. My bedroom was a bit chillier than normal this morning when I got up this morning and sure enough, the main furnace has quit. Worn out thermocouple I think. The pilot won't light. Lucky I have a heater in the living room that can almost heat the house and the wood stove. Between the two, I will stay warm until I can get someone to replace the thermocouple.

Well, I'm off to the vet with little old Sheila to see what's going on with her. She seems to be better yesterday after I called the Vet.......... She is sitting by my side purring up a storm right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick & Ray

How's everyone doing on this fine FRIDAY,,, YEAH it's weekend for me.

Nick, have a great time at the show, we have a train show this weekend.
Ray, hope Sheila get's well soon.

Where are the pain killers Flo,,, my head's a hurtin

Being that it's coming up on lunch and I worked right through breakfast, I'm thinking about a Dagwood special.

64.jpg

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/16/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 20°F
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: 17°F

So Far Today
High
: 32°F
Low: 25°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 11mph NNW

High: 48 °F
Low: 34 °F

Rest Of Today High: 48 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 35 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. South winds around 10 mph.

Steve Ouch!!my nose hurts just thinking about it.:eek:

Saturday morning here so I guess I'd better mow that darn huge lawn while it's not to hot!!:mad: Can ya tell I wanna move:D

Nah just kidding we will just have to sit tight till she sells, I still like sittin on the mower.

Ken.

Morning Ken, just waiting on a skype call from Dorkland,,, is the QE2 and the queen coming to christchurch or is it just Auckland ???

Jeff call that a buttie, in Wigan you get a cow between two bread vans if your hungry

Ah All ! Sevet Ouch that hurts, reminds me of the Jack Nicholson movie Chinatown , when the guy split his nose open with the knive, Made my nose thwinge back then ! Ray hope the vet visit for Sheila goes ok ! hey were in or a wamr spell next week it suppose to get to into the thirties .Cant' await . Our snow fall it nothing just shovel it aside and move on, Ken wish i was cutting the grass about now ! Well hope everyone has a nice day !!

Happy Friday afternoon everybody,

Got my nose buried in work-related stuff, no soldering irons at least (sorry Steve, couldn't resist! :D ) So everybody's posting pics of your kitties? Well I'll have to snap and post one of the stray who adopted us. (She was previously owned, Vicky can tell she's been "fixed".)

Not much MRR'ing on my agenda for this weekend. I have to rise at 4:30am to drive my daughter to NYC, then race back to Md so I can get my son to his floor-hockey game by 1:00pm. Also need to find time to do my taxes. Then on Sunday, another round trip to NYC to bring Sarah home.

About the photos I staged earlier this week: They're supposed to go with the article I'm working on for Joe Fugate's mag, he probably won't like the idea of my posting them here on WPF. But "enquiring minds" can always drop me an email and I'll gladly send them as attachments...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken ;) ;) ;) pictures;) ;) ;) OK with me, i'll take a look

a stray adopted me in 96, now were married:p

it's a good job she's gone to work or she might launch me for saying that

From Rags to Royalty

As promised, here's a picture of our stray-turned-queen, Cleopatra:

cleopatra.jpg

I had a devil of a time trying to capture her face. Every time I got the camera focused on her, she looked away!:rolleyes: Normally she's a glutton for attention. When I crawl out of bed at 5:00am, she's there waiting for me - meowing continuously until I pick her up. She's got health issues though: Serious rectal bleeding - hemmorrhoids, or worse....!:eek:

Evening Gang:
Steve: I am flinching even now. I don't think that I could have let that doctor anywhere near me for that. I hope that it worked. Come to think of it Fergie may have done that with a soldering iron. No I think that is one of the places on his body that he hasn't tried to solder.
Gee Ken, 5am? Is that a time? I don't use that part of the clock anymore. He, He, He.
Time for bed. 9am comes early you know.
Good Night All

Ken L, cats are like that. One of my cats likes to stick his tongue out. Took over a year to get a photo of him with it that way.

Sheila made it through her exam today. Had to have a blood draw for a whole bunch of tests. Good news is that most tests are normal. The Vet thinks she has a thyroid condition. Of course that test won't be back until Monday. Poor little dear has lost 2 lbs. since last time she was in to see the Vet 10 months ago. That amounts to 25% of her weight. Her biggest problem is called "old age". We think she is about 20.

Hopefully tomorrow I will get to do some serious work on the layout and maybe even have some photos before the end of the weekend to share.

Hey, speaking of FERGIE, where is he? Out busting ice?

We have a cat named Tosha and she is about 10. Without a doubt the biggest con artist around. It is funny that growing up and on until my daughter was in elementary school, I never cared that much for cats. After my daughter "I just have to have one, Daddy!" talked me into one, I followed the advice of a friend and just started watching her kitty to see just how interesting and clever they are. Amazing little critters and a lot smarter than I ever thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back