The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all
KenL AKA SWEET what's going on Ken, your not on the turn are you.
NZ KEN i hate working on those fiddely ity bity Jap cars almost as much as those french things that cost a fortune to fix, the wife had a nissan and where ever you put your hand sharp bit's would leap out and cut you
the best place for them is somewhere mid atlantic, what do you say Fergie.

We went to the Scout meeting tonight, it was our Robert's investure into the Beavers and he got his badges & neckerchief and woddle, he's very proud of them
Here he is on the right.
127854169.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
RexHea said:
Anyone ready for lunch? .......:D Sweety is buying!:D
(had to say that:) )

KenL/Fergie: Ok! I give up. What is a Heinway? Bird?...Beast?...Piano?:D

Oh lo0ok Ken a live one!:D better melt some butter as this one took it hook, line and... Stinker!

A Hen weighs about three lbs. What did you think it would weigh?:rolleyes:

Steve: you brought back some memories as Lisa and I were Scouters for 7 years.

Later all

Fergie

gotta find me a hen for supper now...

:D OK!! ...You got me...Yeah, you got me...You got me And I had in mind some kind of an agressive, starving, bird. :p
I feel like an all day sucker. Keep your distance Sweety...back... back!

Steve: I know you are very proud of Robert as much as he is excited. Scouting is one of my fondest memories. I didn't quite make Eagle, but almost.

L&N Castle said:
KenL/Fergie,guys that was a most FOWL joke.:D I mean really.Talk about winging it.:p William.

Oh Gawd, he's doing it here. Somebody please take me outside and shoot me! I don't know whats worse, the pain in my jaw right now or William's pun's!

CJ.I apologize for that,I just couldn't help myself.BTW,how is your jaw? Is it getting any better? Also,on one of the other topics,where the subject was id'ing steam locos, about how old would you say the Bowser H-9 was? Looks to me like about 30 years old,but I maybe wrong. Again sorry,about the puns.:eek: Hope you feel better soon.William.:)

L&N Castle said:
CJ.I apologize for that,I just couldn't help myself.BTW,how is your jaw?
That's OK William just make sure you don't lay an egg again!:D;)

(Wow, 2/3 of a pun, P U!):p

Jaw feels a little better this AM. Still badly swollen. Had to return to Dr. yesterday and since the hematoma was going down, he decided not to do anything about that. BUT, he didn't like the exposed jawbone where the hematoma was, so he deadened the nerves, gave me a little joy juice, and took a bone cutter and removed about five pieces of bone.:(:( Not sure of the size in total but they looked pretty big sitting on that towel/napkin they put around your neck. Felt real weird. Said I would look like I'd been worked over by a pair of brass knuckles, with the bruise this should generate!:eek:

Result is I STILL can't put my new store boughts in, and so I get to do my Gabby Hayes impersonation for another week at least!

Carey AKA Gummy bloody hell, cringe, cringe, Oh man that sounds BAD

I remember my Scouting days in the early 80's, what fun we had, if we could turn back the hands of time

Anyone fancy free internet calls worldwide, download this free software and you can do, just sign up with a username, email it to your friends and they add it to there contact list, then just click on there icon and as long as they are on line you are away,,,but you require a microphone and speakers on the PC
have fun

Well pretty well storm stayed here today, a lot of white crud fell overnight posibility of more of the same tonight, so I wont bother plowing the driveway. How are you making out Fergie? from the news I guess it's worse down your way.
Well now, if there's one item for me to hate it's the telephone, Oyi Vey!there's no way I'd turn my computer into one
Y'All have a great day.
13.gif
Willis

Cjcrescent said:
That's OK William just make sure you don't lay an egg again!:D;)

(Wow, 2/3 of a pun, P U!):p

Jaw feels a little better this AM. Still badly swollen. Had to return to Dr. yesterday and since the hematoma was going down, he decided not to do anything about that. BUT, he didn't like the exposed jawbone where the hematoma was, so he deadened the nerves, gave me a little joy juice, and took a bone cutter and removed about five pieces of bone.:(:( Not sure of the size in total but they looked pretty big sitting on that towel/napkin they put around your neck. Felt real weird. Said I would look like I'd been worked over by a pair of brass knuckles, with the bruise this should generate!:eek:

Result is I STILL can't put my new store boughts in, and so I get to do my Gabby Hayes impersonation for another week at least!

Geeze that sounds nasty, I guess I'm lucky with my chompers, I've no fillings at all!! Take care CJ!!

Steve those cheap calls sounds cool, I've got wireless broadband soon might have a look at that.

Ken.

Hi everyone, just butting my head in, forgive me for intruding..but I have come to ask for more members for my off-topic railway forum.. http://s3.phpbbforfree.com/forums/hickssforum.html
As long as I'm here, might as well make a little small talk, eh?
Willis,how are you holding out after the big storm? And is there anyone else here from that area? Especailly PEI? I've heard there was flooding from the storm surge..how bad is it?

Flo, a large cuppa joe and NO SUGAR please...!;)

Hi clubbers, not much to report from the sunny Mid-Atlantic. We've escaped the Noreasters that Fergie, Willis and Luc have had to endure, but I know we aren't out of the woods yet, winter weather-wise...

Haven't had much time on the forum these past few days because I've had to do some more unanticipated "spot scratchbuilding" to make more of my mothballed steel mill buildings fit properly on the layout. Unlike some, I can't really compose and post messages when I'm cutting, cementing and painting in the "physical reality" world.

NZKen - hope that auto repair situation is under control.

CJ - hope your mouth will be healed-up in time for the upcoming ARG meet.

SteveB - I didn't make it to RadioShack yesterday to get the mic for my PC, sorry about that. I still want to try that VoIP phone service though, sounds like a neat way to talk with people all around the world without paying thru the no$e. I'll have to install the stuff on my family PC though since my employer owns the laptop and does not allow installation of anything that might create security "holes".

I'll be going to the GSMTS in Timonium this weekend, hoping to see SpaceMouse and a few other semi-regional members there. I still envy all you 'Bama guys being able to get together like you do (ARG), even if you do NOT always root for the same college football teams:rolleyes: ...

Well I'd better start doing what I'm being paid to do...C-ya!

Evening all, i'm a bit bloated after my big evening meal, we went to the local pub and had potatoe fries with, Beef Steak, Pork Steak, Lamb Steak, Pork Sausage, Black pudding, two fried eggs and mushrooms, all in all about two pounds of meat, very tasty, all washed down with ice cold Cider,
Carey i don't want to make you drool but you would have loved it, i saved you the juice if you can handle it;)

Ken and Ken i'm all for cheap even free phone calls.

Steve B said:
Anyone fancy free internet calls worldwide, download this free software and you can do, just sign up with a username, email it to your friends and they add it to there contact list, then just click on there icon and as long as they are on line you are away,,,but you require a microphone and speakers on the PC
have fun

Hey Steve, what happened to the link??

CSX_road_slug said:
NZKen - hope that auto repair situation is under control.

The machine shop guys reckon it's a new head needed, they crack internally.:eek: Great news that's gunna cost me $900 at least they are aftermarket i.e not Toyota!! so it won't happen again.

Then in the mail yesterday is a speed camera fine for $170!! The Mrs speeding not me, she was in a hurry to buy shoes probably!! LOL

CJ hows my layout look? did I make some huge mistakes? Have you completely redesigned!!

Ken.

Well folks, I'm sore, especially knees and ankles. Got the driveway cleared about 4:00PM quite a few hours spent reparing a snow blower that's about as worn out as I am. About 4 times I had to repair it, sure glad I bought an Arc welder a few years ago. The dog didn't get her walk yesterday or today so she's miffed at me, but tomorow is another day. OH! Well could be worse. I guess we only got about half the amount of crud that the folks on the Atlantic shore got, but even that was more than enough for me. Mild tempratures and rain for the weekend
Guess about 75% of the new seal pups were destroyed during the storm surge. Quite pityfull the mothers trying to get them up onto the road away from the water without success. Well guess I'll read the posts and hope your day was very much better than mine. :D
13.gif
Willis

I have spent part of the day figuring what the extension room will cost and it looks to be in the neighborhood of $1,000. Gads, I hate to do it even though it will be very nice to have. I really don't see a way around it considering the heating/cooling problem I have now. Between this and setting up for layout signals, I may have to eat beans for a very long time.

Darn Willis, you need to pack up and come on down to Alabama. We can teach you to say "ya'll come!" in little time.:D It's terrible about the seal pups and I am glad that I didn't have to witness it. But, Mother Nature must keep a balance.;)

Steve: The food sounds great...I am not sure about "Black pudding". What is it? I am going to look into the phone setup. I have heard about people using something similiar with good results. Sure won't hurt to try it.

NZKen: Ouch! A new head and a ticket...that hurts. My wife has told me that my head is cracked every since I got into MR:D :D . CJ is still feeling pretty rough with all the problems he has had, but I am sure he has all ready been working on your plan.

CJ: Are you still kicking?

Kenz: Been working off and on with your plan. Only shortcomings I saw were in the number of spurs for industries, but they can be added at any time, anywhere so no sweat. The yard does appear to be a little small for types of trains you'll be running, so I am working some on that area and will be sending some suggestions soon. Trying to give you some more yard area as well as make the plan more flexible there.;)

Rex; Been getting your e-mails, as well as others, but for some reason I can't send any. The e-mail server keeps sending a message that my e-mail was rejected, please check e-mail address. My port settings are correct, password etc.:confused: Tried to trace/ping to e-mail server but that was unsuccessful.:( Even tried to talk with support personel, but waiting time on the phone is over an hour, so at least I know its not just me!:mad: Online chatting to them is also over an hour wait, so I know they're having the problems on their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back