The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Bowl I guess, Hi kind of echoes around here. Hi Rex and Steve, sheesh guess the girls are gone too :D
13.gif
Willis

Superbowl:confused: What's that?!?!:( Tell me it's not an oversized Aquarium at Marine World:eek:

Foot Ball Bah!!

Yep it's dead here too. Sorry I played lots of sports growing up and I lost all interest in it. BTW Lisa's watching the game, what's wrong wih this picture?

Oh well time to "rail the net"

Fergie

Agree with you Fergie Super Bowl Bah. There is not much else on and I do not have a dish or cable so whatever the off channels have is what we get. Can not see paying someone to watch TV when I can get it for almost free cept the cost of the antenna.

"...Girls are gone, too"? You mean I'm not the only one??

I did spend the day with the girls --- one daughter, two granddaughters and one g'daughter's friend. Lots of giggling and squealing in the back seat. Whew!

We went to a miniatures expo and saw lots of delightful stuff, but not much in the 1:24 scale that I can use for my layout. All I bagged was some furniture for "Grammas House," and a G-scale Corgie dog.

TH is covering the Stupid Bowl. I'm REALLY looking forward to baseball season. :D

I'm back and boy am I tired. Playing football from a recliner sure is a lot of work. My favorite won, but honestly was a bit surprised. Looks like I may (I repeat, may) see a snow flake by morning. Heck of a note...you guys in NS without your normal ice and here we are expecting a touch of the white stuff in the Heart of Dixie. I'm ready though; I have my snow shoes out of the attic and Rusty and Moe are ready to be hitched up to the sled.:D The best to you all.

I'm like Fergie, the wife said her team won. I don't even know who was playing LOL
Claudia, when there's giggling and squealing in the back seat I hope the R view mirror was in use :D
Rainned here all day.
13.gif
Willis

CBCNSfan said:
Claudia, when there's giggling and squealing in the back seat I hope the R view mirror was in use
:D When the girls are 3 and 9, one doesn't even WANT to look in the R view mirror. :eek:

Rex snow in the middle of summer?, oh hang on wrong side of the world!!

Sure is exciting when snow is expected.

Not much happening over here, went and picked up a car today from Nelson 12hr day round trip! Did around 1200 kms, oh my back!!

Getting broadband on Thursday so might try that telephone thingy Steve was talking about.

Ken.

RexHea said:
I'm back and boy am I tired. Playing football from a recliner sure is a lot of work. My favorite won, but honestly was a bit surprised. Looks like I may (I repeat, may) see a snow flake by morning. Heck of a note...you guys in NS without your normal ice and here we are expecting a touch of the white stuff in the Heart of Dixie. I'm ready though; I have my snow shoes out of the attic and Rusty and Moe are ready to be hitched up to the sled.:D The best to you all.

Ahemmm Rex... SNow Shoes? Sled?!? Nah, Ski Doo it's a Canadian thing that we like to play with.:D

PS every other house on the street has a Snow Blower

Fergie

Come to think of it I have to repair my snowshoes. Use to wear them a lot for Winter Cub Camps.

When the girls are 3 and 9, one doesn't even WANT to look in the R view mirror
LOL don't know about that, we were at a MS group meeting, my grandaughter came to me, let on she spit on her hand, rubbed them together and proceeded to shine my bald spot, then put out her hand and said that will be 5 cents for the shine job please. Well the shine job was 5 cents, the shocked looks on some of the old girls faces was priceless.
So be warned when they are giggling, watch your back so you're not the victim of a got! cha!
Sun's shining today, not much snow left so it's looking better outside.
13.gif
Willis

Happy Monday.

Strange day today, I got up and went to work. I was at work for about an hour and made the decision to retire, NOW. So I turned in my badge and parking permit and went home.

The question is, how long will I last? Time will tell.

Hope you all have a great day.

Happy MRRing
rrcx2.gif

Hello Gent's,,,,,
Fergie and the other Anti Football crewbloody fantastic, i thought i was the only one who does not follow the game, i lost intrest in the late 70's.
Luc Congratulations, Congratulations and Congratulations, that was a fantastic thing you did today, i have 27 years to go yet, i don't want to wish my life away wanting to retire, but if i had the chance like a lottery win i would retire tommorow

Good afternoon clubbers,

Just a "dead Monday" around here at the office. Didn't do much MRR yesterday, must have been hungover from the Saturday train show.

Fergie and gang, I'm not exactly anti-football, I think "ambivalent" is a word that describes me better: I didn't bother to watch the game, but everybody I know was rooting for Pittsburgh so I'm happy for them.

Luc - Congrats on the retirement, I'm totally envious - Ill expect to watch your GloTown morph into a metropolis now, since you'll have all this extra time available!;)

Rex - You must be totally exhausted from Sunday, hope you make a quick recovery!:D

Ken'Z' - This new car, is it replacing the one with the cracked head? Hope that works out for you so you can return to building your empire...

Steve - I plan to pickup a better-quality microphone on my way home from work this evening, this time I'll have them test it right there in the store - this way if my Skype thing still malfunctions, I'll know the problem is definitely with the sound card. But hopefully everything will work...:rolleyes:

Enough from me, for today...

Last edited by a moderator:
Luc congrats on the retirement. I did mine 6 1/2 years ago and it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I do not know how I got everything done when I was working because I never get much of anything done now. When I walked out the door the last time my wife, parents and in-laws were with me. One of the women asked me how I felt and I told them I was levitating across the parking lot. The greatest feeling in the world.

Good evening.

I should mentioned that when I left the military in Aug 1998, after 31 years, I had planned to fully retire. That lasted about 5 months. Now this is my second crack at retirement and I was looking at employment opportunities this afternoon.... Do you think that I'll remain retired for long?????

I don't think so....

Happy MRRing
chase.gif

Well done Luc, man I wish I could retire getting real sick of work at the moment. Big Wednesday is our lotto at the moment, a holiday home worth $500,000, a Mustang 3200 Sports Cruiser, an American Express loaded with $250,000, $50,000 worth of travel every year for 5 years, a Range Rover Vogue V8, a Porsche 911 Carrera and $11m dollars cash.

I want it all, but the chances are 16000000 to 1.

KenL the car is for a friends daughter I just volunteered my work van for the tow. The new head is on the way got a wicked deal $750 cash.

Ken.

Hi gang! Didn't need the snow shoes and sled after all (or snow blower:D ). We did get a good soaking of about 1" of cold rain. Our chances of ever getting snow is about once in five years even though they are calling for another chance Wednesday night.

I don't have much MR to report as I have been caught up in one of my moments of indecision. It's been all about building the extension room...do I really need it...do I really want to spend the money on it...do I... do I...:eek: The only thing that is for sure...I do want it.

Luc: Congrats...I think! You don't sound very convinced that you want to retire. Personally, I have enjoyed my retirement although I have to admit missing regular work. Usually when I start feeling down about it, all I have to do is remind myself of the politics and crap that went with it and I recover quickly;) .

NZKen: Enter me in the lottery. If I win the travel part, I will be able to come see you and we can take a drive in your new Porche 911 or if you win the cash, you can send your jet over to pick me up.:)

KENL I have recouped and will now rest up until next season. I must admit that I didn't follow pro ball much this year, but was pretty well glued to College football.

Fergie: Does your ship only go out when there is ice to clear or do you also make patrols?

Steve: Still haven't downloaded the Skype, but I am like Ken in looking for a decent mike. I have one that I tried with reg phone, but it doesn't pickup unless you're right next to it. I thought about one of those wireless earpieces. I am always having to talk to someone and try to type at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
RexHea said:
NZKen: Enter me in the lottery. If I win the travel part, I will be able to come see you and we can take a drive in your new Porche 911 or if you win the cash, you can send your jet over to pick me up.:)

Hey the good news is if ya'll win this lottery it's the whole thing, one prize!! you get the works, man I'd be set forever. Better get a ticket.;)

Ken.

RexHea said:
Fergie: Does your ship only go out when there is ice to clear or do you also make patrols?

The "Fox" use to be very busy and would go North in the beginning of July and come home in November. Then back out in the Gulf of St Lawrence between January and the end of March. Then three things happened: five years of warm winters though we were out until April last year, sky rocketing fuel prices (Full tilt the Fox is burning 80,000 litres a day, which is approx. 20,000 gallons which equates to approx. $80,000:eek: ) and budget/program cuts. So right now the Breaker fleet is tied to the wall and I am burning all kinds of annual leave, which due to Dad's illness/recovery is not a bad thing.

Years ago before month on/month off crewing system and 12 hour days it was expected of you to be gone from home upto 10 months of the year and since we didn't rotate through shore assignments like the military we never saw home. Guys would be gone North for 6 months come home and before they saw their families, were being transfered to another ship because it was sailing that night and needed a replacement. Can you say "Shanghai'd"and Divorce. Neddless to say we had a very high turn over rate and other related problems.

Well time for me to get ready as I'm off to continue painting Dad's place.

Later All

Fergie

Fergmiester said:
... Guys would be gone North for 6 months come home and before they saw their families, were being transfered to another ship because it was sailing that night and needed a replacement. Can you say "Shanghai'd"and Divorce. Neddless to say we had a very high turn over rate and other related problems...
Wow Fergie, that sounds like a very family-hostile org to work for, hope that never happens to you...

(BTW I added your "paper-and-scissors rock faces" clinic to Aggro's List Of Wildly Useful Threads across the tracks.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back