The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gang,

Wow is it ever quiet in here today! I suppose everybody has gotten an early start to their weekend. I'm posting from the office, not much going on here either - but I don't have to compete with the rest of my family for a single connection to the internet, which is all I currently have in my home at the moment. Bought a new router today, a Linksys (division of Cisco so it must be good right?) and hopefully I'll have that thing installed Saturday morning, and life can return to normal:rolleyes: ...

Steve - Nice boat, too bad it got you in trouble with CFO - oh well it's the approach I've learned to take with any rare, fleeting opportunity: Better to "step on the toes" and apologize later, than ask permission and be prevented from getting what you're after! ;)

Rex - I got a $20 combination mic/headset from Radio Shack and that seems to work fine with Skype.

Fergie - That Skype-in-the-basement plan sounds like the way to go; after all, it doesn't cost any money (other than buying a mic if you don't already have one) so I can't understand why Lisa has a problem with it?:confused: And about your rockface clinic, I've done similar stuff myself as I mentioned before - used painted aluminum foil and aerosol foam, but not together in the same place.

That's all for now, I may come back later and add to this post. If I don't sumbit soon I might forget, and lose everything I've typed so far. C-ya...

Good afternoon all.

It's been very quiet here today, wonder why.....

I downloaded Skype and I think I'm ready to go but I still neew a mike, so hang on I'll let you know when it's fully setup.

Steve - nice boat, great deal... Now how are you going to run it on the tracks???

Rex - Should I leave my hat on or take it off?????????

Happy MRRing
freight.gif

Hi all well its been a busy week haven't been on much as I pulled a muscle in my leg and it hurt to sit very long. But all is fine now .

Nice looking boat steve .

well will talk to you all later not much happening here have a good one

Good weekend to all! Hope you will have a good'un. I know some of you North and East of me will get some of the white stuff. I believe all we will see is a few flurries. Regardless, I hope it doesn't mess up our ARG meet tomorrow over at Brasshat's. Should be a good one!

Luc: Sure you can take your hat off. We all need to see the "BRIGHTER" side of you.:D LOL :D You know, in thinking about this reminded me of teaching a class with guys from one of the local plants. Many were wearing hats in the classroom and to me was bad manners. Then some of the guys started taking their hats off and I soon saw the reason. From then on, I took a pair of sun glasses to work with me.:D

Better to "step on the toes" and apologize later, than ask permission and be prevented from getting what you're after!
KenL: Sounds like you worked or work for the State or Federal Government. That, said a little differently was the only way we got things done.;)
Thanks for the tip on the mic. I will check RS and see about one. The big question is do you have to talk loud or can you talk as if a regular phone? With that piece of crap that came with my Dell you darn near have to swallow it to be heard.

Steve: Uh Oh! Well, as Ken said sometimes we have to bite the bullet to get what we need (want:D ) What size is the boat in real terms? It sure looks like a honey and would be a lot of fun on the track. Oops! I mean water:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys halfway thru my weekend, really enjoying this wireless broadband, no slowing thru dodgy copper wiring, the aerial is on the roof with a coax down the wall into my puter, just wonderful!!

Here's our effort for the day planted some small trees for a future hedge and built a sand play pit for Brigette to dig in Just needs sand (tommorrow).

CJ Cresent has redesigned my yard and I'm very thankful!! I will add the new section into my plan and post again soon.

Ken.

Hello All,
CFO, is in a better mood after i bought the boat,,,, well she was, Till i started sawing lumber for the flat roof extension while she was in bed after working a night shift, ....straight out of one hot frying pan into another. It's like this, you are always in the "manure" it's just the depth that varies.

Including numerous interuptions i got the flat roof beams up and decked out temporarilly, yesterday afternoon i stripped the roof tiles and underfelt off the garage in readyness for the extension roof tying in job today.

Rex The boats a good 4 ft long, just got to get a three channel remote control to work it.

Ken M the sand pit will get some use i'm sure, we had one here but the local cat's think it's a toilet

A bit under the weather today, and Rex you're right on with our weather forecast. A Nor' Easter is blowing our way for Sunday not looking forward to that at all. Now if one of the girls will make me a tall hot rum I'll turn in for the night

13.gif
Willis

leghome said:
Where be everybody?????? I is lonesome here all by my ownself.

I was painting dad's place again:(

Steve: You silly Ggit! Then again I've been on egg shells the last few days as Lisa has been told to modify her life style as her Cholestrol was on the high side and as she doesn't eat butter, milk etc,etc she will have to do some major intake modifications. Of course as always I made a comment as to becoming a vegitarian. Bad, bad, bad:mad:

Guess who else will be modifying one's "life Style"?:eek: Yep! Probably a good thing when all said and done.

Anyway long day short temper and I should be finished Dad's in the next few days from now, maybe, well I doubt it!

Later All

Fergie

And yes we're in for more snow/rain/I didn't know that fell from the sky?!?

Hey, fellas... What the heck's going on??!!! It's sounded like an infirmary around here the past few weeks. You guys, (including spouses) all get well NOW, ya hear? (Yeah, Fergie, those life style changes can be a pain, can't they? It's lot's easier for the docs to recommend 'em than it is for us to do 'em isn't it?) :rolleyes: :( :mad:

It's lot's easier for the docs to recommend 'em than it is for us to do 'em isn't it?)
Good grief I hope no one goes to a doctor unless it's absolutely necessary. Gee they'll kill you if you give them a chance.
The last time I went a few years back for a check up he gave me a prescription for some pills. During the first week I was having some problems I hadn't had before. My daughter looked up what they were and the side effects from them and said " Dad don't take them, they'll kill you" so I flushed them down the loo and I've been ok since.
13.gif
Willis

Oh, geez, don't get me started. In this wonderful age of "managed" care, I've been shuffled between 7 --- that's SEVEN --- different docs in the past year, each of them prescribing different stuff. Thank God I'm a cranky ol' broad who questions EVERYTHING. At one point I had two meds prescribed that counteracted each other, and in another case, the same med but in two different dosages.

I prefer the advice of a comic we heard in a club one night: "Booze is the only answer." :D

Oh! we're still here just had to take time out for our med's :D
Claudia, I believe the Doctors are learned men/women however they get their information on the meds from salesmen from the mfg. labs. (enough said), and for the learned practicioners they should know better.
Well still waiting for the Nor' East'er to blow in but not looking forward to the aftermat
21.gif

13.gif
Willis

Fergie
Anyway long day short temper
glad i'm not on my own today, bleeping rain never stopped today so i have been scaffolding the extension in a monsoon, i whacked my left knee twice in ten mins on the edge of the door then just for good measure i whacked my not so funny bone on the ladder, BTW good luck with the imposed lifestyle changes

Hello Java gang! Danged it's cold in the South this weekend. I actually saw some snow flurries yesterday. They looked just like what I remembered.:rolleyes:

Doctors and their pills!! (Forgive the med spelling)What would they do without their prescription pad. My wife was diagnosed with Khrones (sp) disease four years ago and the Doc prescribed Pretezone. This caused her to put on over 80 lbs of weight, gave her high blood pressure, and moved her from a borderline diabetic to a shot taking diabetic. After two years of this, she told the Doc that she refused to take it anymore. He prescribed something else with less confidence. Now, she has losed most of the 80 lbs, back to a borderline diabetic and after her exam last month, there is no sign of the incurable disease. Go Figure!

Finally got rested up from the ARG meet yesterday and am now ready to get back to my layout projects. I really love to overload myself with projects. I went ahead an ordered some of the equipment I need for my signal controls so I can start on it soon and I'm reworking some of the area in my shop to add an around the wall layout extension instead of building an additional room. (seems I have some space without track:D ) This can add about 40 feet x 30 inches of shelf layout. (I don't know why! Just 'cause it's there, I guess!):D

Luc: That's what I call job security! Ha! Ha!

Rex that is scary stuff, it makes me wonder how many people are taking stuff that they should'nt be
There is nothing wrong with laying track on new ground, i have a cunning plan for part of my new extension, but for now i'm not saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back