The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, thought I would stop in and say hello. Hope everybody has been doing well. I've been busy here around the house, trying to get caught up on everything ( Impossible to do. ) Not much MRR getting done either. Maybe now I can start hanging around here more.

Take care.

Stan.

BMRR said:
Hi everyone, thought I would stop in and say hello... Maybe now I can start hanging around here more..
Hi Stan it has been awile hasn't it, been keeping current on those Honey Dues eh?;)

Josh - thanx for sharing that video link, (I noticed they were recorded by the same gentleman who was branded as a "terrorist":rolleyes: ) It reminds me of the track joints on my first layout where all my 89-footers used to come uncoupled!

Well gang I've almost finished reconstructing the BOF mill, hopefully today, photos when ready. C-ya!

Well what a weekend! Looks like some RR money heading for an engine rebuild on the Mrs Toyota Surf, steam coming out the exhaust can't be good. It's no loco!! Hopefully just a headgasket is blown, and it will be good.... or it's a cracked head and it's gunna cost. I've got it half pulled down (why pay a mechanic it's just nuts and bolts!!) so wish me luck.

Ken.

NZRMac said:
Well what a weekend! Looks like some RR money heading for an engine rebuild on the Mrs Toyota Surf, ...
NZKen, I feel your pain - condolences man!:eek: I've had alot of stuff like that to deal with myself (new hot water heater, new tires for the Honda, Christmas gifts for everybody...), it's always something! (And people keep wondering why I hoard so many kits and other MRR supplies in my attic, garage and wherever else it will fit:rolleyes: )

CSX_road_slug said:
Josh - thanx for sharing that video link, (I noticed they were recorded by the same gentleman who was branded as a "terrorist":rolleyes: )

Please tell me you're not serious!?! Then again if I was the head honcho I wouldn't want people showing my "trade secrets" of how to save money and increase profit margins for the share holders to the competition now would I:rolleyes:

Anyone talk to Teffy lately? Everytime I call he's working!:mad:

Well got out for a drive with Dad today and took more pics of rock faces so I can get the right colours for the layout. Lisa said my rocks didn't look all that real:eek: If she's right i may have to rethink this.

later All

Fergie

Hello all, what a weekend
i went to the East Lancs Railway winter steam event and saw six steam loco's working a mixture of passenger and demonstration freights, it would have been seven loco's but one was out on the mainline doing an excursion, i'll stick some pictures on the WPF page,

CSX_road_slug said:
Josh - thanx for sharing that video link, (I noticed they were recorded by the same gentleman who was branded as a "terrorist":rolleyes: ) It reminds me of the track joints on my first layout where all my 89-footers used to come uncoupled!
Five days apart to be exact too... Apparently he's also captured numerous derailments in that region too, anyone remember the "Requeim (sp?) for a Bumping Post" page? same area...

Anyways check out the BNSF GP50 thread...

Hello.

I was suppose to be at work today but I wound up at emreg around lunch time yesterday. BP was through the roof. They said there may be a blockage and will need to get a die test done. They'll call me. I spent most of the day and so has CFO. This episode has taken a lot more out of her than me.

The important thing is that I am home, feeling OK.

Happy MRRing
cid_00b301c5ee2e19458560e740d718Glo.gif

Hi everyone! I thought I would come by and cool off after looking at KenL's photo post. Flo, a big jug of lemonade and a cold towel please!

Stayed up over half the night trying to figure out what I will have to do to install detection w/signals on my layout. Yikes! It looks like I will have to spend the next several months under the layout rewiring the whole 650+ feet of track that is already down. Hopefully, with a few cuts here and there I will be able to use some of the existing power feeds and buse. I think the first thing that I will do is buy a mechanics creeper to move about under the layout.;)

If any of you are still in the track laying stage and have it in mind (even the possibility) to have detection sometime in the future, wire it up for zones/sections now and temporarily hook to regular power. It will sure save you a lot of backbreaking work. You can always buy the equipment later.

Luct: Get that test done soonest! You know that it is not something to delay. Glad you are feeling better, but take it easy.

Well what a weekend! Looks like some RR money heading for an engine rebuild on the Mrs Toyota Surf, steam coming out the exhaust can't be good. It's no loco!! Hopefully just a headgasket is blown, and it will be good.... or it's a cracked head and it's gunna cost. I've got it half pulled down (why pay a mechanic it's just nuts and bolts!!) so wish me luck.
Just remeber if its a blown head gasket take the head to a machine shop to be checked to see if its warped and if so to be shaved. (I didn't one time and ended up redoing everything about 2 months later.

Luct as said befor to you take it easy and watch it don't need 2 of us in here with this kind of problem hope if you do they can treat you as there doing me with medication, proper diet, and lite exercise. as I've stated I'm working on 100 Lbs over the next 2 years had a fast start now its going to slow down and I'll probally get my 1 lb a week I want 14 LBS in 10 days is kinda fast lol.

Well bought another train set tonight turns out to be about $175. - $200 for about $107.

So Thats not a bad deal and that included shipping and insurance.

Well you all take care talk to you all later

Hi gang,

My behavior is more and more starting to resemble an addiction :eek:. While I'm supposed to be working on my Honey Dues, I'm ducking into the garage at random intervals to do little "slices" of layout work, checking back here on the forums and posting whenever I can, also trying to figure out how I'm going to make myself available for the Philly clinics. This is supposed to be a hobby - fun - right?

Fergmiester said:
Please tell me you're not serious!?! ...
Actually Fergie, this was in one of Josh's other links to TIME mag's website, they didn't actually call him a terrorist, they were just hilighting how ultra-paranoid RR employees [security and otherwise] have become since 9-11. Mr. Almeida (sp?) was sharing his story with them.
Fergie (cont.) said:
Anyone talk to Teffy lately? Everytime I call he's working!...
He's been so much harder to reach ever since Hurricane Rita, first because he started working for somebody else after his "retirement" and also because of post-Rita cleanup and taking care of Stephanie after her injury. Doesn't even seem to find much time to post on any of the forums, here or across the tracks...

Luc - Take care of yourself! That BP is a scary thing. I'm probably headed down that same path, the doc already has me on three different meds keeping mine just barely under control...

RT - good luck as you continue on your quest for weight loss, hope you can 'trick' your body into thinking you're fully fed so it doesn't go into "energy conservation" mode after a few weeks (I've seen my wife go thru this every time she goes on a diet). Looks like the Lionel brokering business continues to thrive at any rate!

. . .
My workday has started, so I'd better get busy with that. C-U-L

rtraincollector said:
Just remeber if its a blown head gasket take the head to a machine shop to be checked to see if its warped and if so to be shaved. (I didn't one time and ended up redoing everything about 2 months later.

Everything I've owned seems to have been in bits at some stage so I've been there done that ( mayby it's my fault?):eek: It's nearly in bits just the headbolts to go.;)

Ken.

Just a quick orange juice today, lots to do,
LUC take it easy, like Ken say's it's scary stuff high BP, we are all with you on this one.

Finally! Got a hold of Bob. He's alive! Been working long and hard and I don't envy him one bit. Talked with him for over an hour. Man can he talk:rolleyes:

Anyway I' better get to bed as I have a lot of shovelling to do tomorrow:(

Later All

Fergie

Finally! Got a hold of Bob. He's alive! Been working long and hard and I don't envy him one bit. Talked with him for over an hour. Man can he talk
That's good news. I haven't talked with him since before Christmas. Yeah, he loves to talk, but I always enjoy it...I make sure my Cell is fully charged:D:D.

NZKen: How's the repair job going?

RexHea said:
NZKen: How's the repair job going?

The heads off ( grumble, moan, bleeding, scratch head, hit with hammer etc)

Man those Japs make things tight, you have to pull this off to get to that bolt under there which holds this thingymy over there just to move a darn hose out the bl.....dy way!! Doesn't look obviously buggered but the radiator water went in there somewhere, number three hole was swimming in coolant.

Hey isn't this a train forum? How are you and Cj going with a lookover my layout plans?

I'm thinking I might make the middle level on the peninsula a full lap of the room, it would ease the grade and give me more mainline.

got to get the grease of my hands C YA!!

Ken.

NZRMac said:
The heads off ( grumble, moan, bleeding, scratch head, hit with hammer etc)

Man those Japs make things tight, you have to pull this off to get to that bolt under there which holds this thingymy over there just to move a darn hose out the bl.....dy way!! Doesn't look obviously buggered but the radiator water went in there somewhere, number three hole was swimming in coolant.

Hey isn't this a train forum? How are you and Cj going with a lookover my layout plans?

I'm thinking I might make the middle level on the peninsula a full lap of the room, it would ease the grade and give me more mainline.

got to get the grease of my hands C YA!!

Ken.

Oh how I feel for you, bloodied knuckles and all. My Renault Meddallion died a similiar death after 14 years. My mechanic had to pull me aside and tell me "Let it go and get yourself a new one". I figure he either was sick of bloodying his own knuckles on the cursed thing or had made enough $ to put his kids through college.

Turned out the head gasket and block were cracked. Moral... No more Renaults!

Anyway worked on the Rock faces last night and am getting closer to completion. I'll post when I get a chance. Speaking of which. Is it better to post a new thread or add to the original when doing an update on say a clinic or showing off section?

Ken: I heard the nicest thing about you through Bob. Somehow he got talking with a work aquantance of yours who commented something to the effect.

"He's the nicest person you'ld ever want to meet, He's just so sweet"

Is there another KenL where you work?;)

Anyway

All have a good one

Fergie

BTW Ken: Watch out for the Henways as I saw several yesterday and they're hungry this time of year!

Fergmiester said:
Ken: I heard the nicest thing about you through Bob. Somehow he got talking with a work aquantance of yours who commented something to the effect.

"He's the nicest person you'ld ever want to meet, He's just so sweet"
OK Fergie let's see: "Sweet?" "SWEET?" Not sure how to take that, guess I'll hafta give ol' Teff-Eye a call and find out exactly who this secret...er..."admirer" is. Hmmm, seems I'm always the last to learn about these things, now someone is spreading rumours about me. Sweet.
Fergie (cont.) said:
BTW Ken: Watch out for the Henways as I saw several yesterday and they're hungry this time of year!
I believe that's Heinways...and not to worry, I have tight covers on all my garbage cans!

Anyone ready for lunch? .......:D Sweety is buying!:D
(had to say that:) )

NZKen: I talked to CJ this a.m. and he is still trying to recupe from his dental extractions. He had some complications, but hopefully will be back on the tracks soon. I do know that he is looking hard at your yard and has some good ideas for you.

KenL/Fergie: Ok! I give up. What is a Heinway? Bird?...Beast?...Piano?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back