The 30th Coffee Shoppe Dec 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the Air Force isn't safe from the L&A!

P1010319.jpg

Good morning. It's 56° and cloudy. The high will be 73° and there's a 30% chance of getting wet.

Not much going on this morning. I have an appointment with the foot doc so I'll be leaving within the hour.

Well yesterday the Air Force put in an appearance on the layout and got shuffled right into the paint shop. Before they quite knew what was happening their prize F2-A loco was taped off and and tagged with the L&A logo and it's crew booted out onto the street with bus fare. The Air Force F2 now belongs to the L&A seeing as it was sold to the line.

P1010321.jpg

Doctor appointment went OK. He checked out the pressure wound on the side of what used to be my ankle and could see no sign of infection. He did a culture swab on it to see what may be living in there. No matter how careful you are there's always something. He also gave me paperwork for an MRI so we can see what's going on in there with the bones. I almost have the paperwork completed.

Seems I was supposed to get the MRI done this morning. Nobody said anything about that, just that it was being set up. They're rescheduling it now. This is why it's important that communication be clear.

I'm getting my checkbook warmed up for the bill paying marathon tomorrow. I have to do the face to face thing at a couple of places. Some people insist on operating in the stone age still. The others I can pay online and a couple are automatic. Also have to get the first half of the grocery shopping done. The cupboards are almost bare.

Just got the call about the MRI. I can still have it done today so I'm leaving at 12:30.

That pretty much shoots my day to pieces and tomorrow will be busy too, and then I have an appointment with my primary doc on the 2nd. No rest for the weary.

I sold a whole bunch of "N" scale stuff at a Train Show this past Sunday. Probably about half of what I took to the show. Made me very happy. The train room is just about cleaned out and ready to become the computer room. Still need to take down the cloud wallpaper and repaint the rest of the room. Had a train border all the way around but in taking off some of the clouds the border was ripped. I will be listing in the for sale section the items I have left as soon as I get my inventory straightened out.

Got the MRI out of the way. Guess I'll find out what it has to show when I go back to see the doc on the 7th. They had me wear headphones while the MRI was being done. Not bad as they muted the sound of the machine. What was bad was what was coming through those headphones. Rap! Oh man! I was about ready to scream! I had them change it to a classic rock station.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker but stopped by with a random question for you all. Say you have an older car and the radiator cracks and leaves you stuck 50 miles from home. Being the resourceful person you are, you call AAA and get a lift home, and once there fix said radiator with $6 of JB Weld. How far would you trust it? Who would you take with you, or not take? Is carrying some more JB Weld and a bottle of water enough or would you spend the $300 to have a new radiator put in or buy one online for about $70 and try to do it yourself? If you are wondering, let's say the car is an 89 Civic with about 285k. Would you find the anticipation of possible added adventure make arriving home that much more enjoyable? Just for fun here's a photo from the ill fated trip, guess where I went!

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, another 48* day & another day of stripping about 50 more Motherboards & 1 printer.:D

I'm not much of a coffee drinker but stopped by with a random question for you all. Say you have an older car and the radiator cracks and leaves you stuck 50 miles from home. Being the resourceful person you are, you call AAA and get a lift home, and once there fix said radiator with $6 of JB Weld. How far would you trust it? Who would you take with you, or not take? Is carrying some more JB Weld and a bottle of water enough or would you spend the $300 to have a new radiator put in or buy one online for about $70 and try to do it yourself? If you are wondering, let's say the car is an 89 Civic with about 285k. Would you find the anticipation of possible added adventure make arriving home that much more enjoyable? Just for fun here's a photo from the ill fated trip, guess where I went!

One other option,(and the one I would take) take it to a remote area,call it in as stolen, burn it to the ground,collect the insurance money, buy more trains.;)

JB weld is great stuff--in an emergency. Now, go get a new radiator,the crack is the first of many, and many more re-repairs with JB weld.

While were on the subject , JB Weld makes a great body filler! :D Rather than squadron putty I use JBWeld. Sets up in minutes, not hours, can be filed, Dremeled, sanded, adds structural strength, and best of all, it wont shrink!! Holds paint like any plastic. 1001 uses on the workbench!!

1 drawback, it does have an odor til it cures, might want to try to keep fragile female noses away from it, or at least ventilate.:rolleyes:

Good morning folks.

Paul, I think $300 is more than that baby is worth! If you have a technical college around, give them a call. If they have an auto mechanics program they may fix it for you if you supply the parts. You'll be without the car for a few weeks, but it's better than nothing. I don't think I'd put any more money than that into that car. Good luck! Nice picture by the way!:D

Larry G, I can't help but feel sad listening to you lose interest in the hobby. Hopefully you'll find that spark again some day. It really is a great hobby.

We are back to abnormal weather around here. It was sunny and 45 yesterday. Not very normal for the last day of January around here. Normal is highs in the teens with wind and snow. Now that we're past Christmas I don't care if winter never comes in force this year.

I played around with the trains a little yesterday. Nothing major, just a few loops around the track and a sprinkle here and there of ground foam. I'm thinking it's almost time to start my rebuilding project of an old Mantua Pacific. It was a childhood favorite that literally destroyed itself years ago. I bought a few replacement parts, detail parts and a new motor a few years ago and never started the project. It's a new direction for me in modeling since I've really only been building the layout until now. I think this might be fun!

Other than that I don't know much. Work is slow and the boss is cranky. Of course it's slow this time of year EVERY YEAR, but he conveniently forgets that every year!:rolleyes:

Have a good day folks.

Good morning folks

It was 50 F when I rolled out onto the highways and byways this morning. Our high today will be a whopping 62 F!

It has been a couple of rough days. I have been having some issues with medication. It seems that between the blood pressure medication and bladder medication and weight loss I am experiencing low blood pressure issues. I have had pressures as low as 84/60 although most it has been running at 95/65. I have been feeling very tired at times and sometimes light headed. The doctor is trying to find a solution. We cut the blood pressure medication dosage in half several months ago when I had another episode.

My son did great in his presentation at the Future Cities Competition. Unfortunately they came in second place. We could not see anything that they did wrong. They answered the judges’ questions where the winning team did not. Even with the second place finish it was good experience for him.

My daughter’s volleyball team is getting ready for their next tournament this coming Saturday. Their last couple of practices has not been up to par. They have practicing like they have cobwebs in their heads. Hopefully they will get it together by Saturday.

Tonight we have Cub Scouts.

Jeffery, hope the ankle heals up quickly.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning. It's 64° and cloudy with some sun. The high will be 75° and there's a 50% chance of thunderstorms.

Need to go out and pay some bills today. Then need to get the first half of the grocery shopping done. Other than that, not much happening today.

P1011217.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back