The 30th Coffee Shoppe Dec 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the responses. I forwarded the emails to a forum member here, just to make sure I wasn't reading something into them that wasn't there. The reality check said the emails said what I thought. The club president is going to stick up for me, he just retired 3 months ago, and thinks the business meeting requirement, which isn't mentioned anywhere, is BS. Almost all the people at the club are retirees, the exceptions being the people I get together with on Sunday. We run trains, fix broken stuff, go out to lunch together, and in general have a good time. Sunday is my train day. I have been thinking how much further along my own layout would be if I spent Sundays working on it.
The club I belong to in Greensboro (37 miles away) understands Sundays are my only real train days, and they are fine with it. The new club is 4 miles away, but I think it might be better for my blood pressure to suck up the fuel costs and drive to Greensboro.

yea those brain surgery club are soo grueling....... what it just trains !!!!:eek: these people need to get a grip ;)

Good morning folks

It was 44 F this morning. Our high will be 50 F.

Last night was an easy evening. Not much going on. I did have to go to a Cub Scout meeting to discuss the upcoming Blue and Gold Banquet.

Tonight my daughter has volleyball practice and pictures.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Doctor appointment went well. As I figured it was just a rehash of the lab results from last time. He wants to see me again in two months. I have another appointment on the 7th of this month with the foot doc, again. Don't know right off what I'll do with the rest of the day. There was something called 'Kansas Pacific' being recorded on the DVR this morning. Figure I can watch that. Also got 'The Dirty Dozen' begging to be watched.

When the tax return check comes in...I just may have enough money to start the layout up in earnest. Turns out, having a baby and buying a house gets you a very large tax return...also, very large bills.

Work has kept me busy this week so far, 3 out of 4 days is a little different than once every 3 days.

Monday I had off, so I went driving around some of the neighborhoods just to see where some of the houses are for sale around here. In one of the neighborhoods, I saw a grade sign that made my jaw drop. Ironically it was the same as the speed limit.:p

View attachment 29451

View attachment 29452

Ezra's getting ready to go hunting. Reckon this is big enough for possum?

P1010338.jpg

Today I got a big box in the mail. Inside, packed wall to wall in two layers were twenty-seven freight cars. Tyco, Life-Like, Mantua, AHM, AHM/Roco, AHM/Mehano and maybe a couple of Athearn cars.Most have horn hooks, some have Fleischmann couplers and trucks with pizza cutters that could cut two pizzas one on top of the other. The flanges are HUGE! I've only had time so far to ID one car, a Tyco Red Box 50' New Haven boxcar in near mint condition. Before I could ID more my parents insisted I show up for dinner. Wasn't a total loss. Steaks and rice in a heavy beef gravy, sliced carrots with jalapenos, green beans, french bread. Good stuff.

Hey, I have enough KO&G boxcars now to make a little fleet. I started with one, I now have eight!

I'll have a list of the cars up when I've ID'd them. Some are way too old for my general era.

Well fellas, got some grim news today.:rolleyes:
My phisical therapist and my occupational therapists have had enough of me.
As of next week, they are done.;) Reabilitated, finito, done!:D

Stopped by my j.o.b., my temporary replacement was even more temporary than everybody thought, he quit!!:eek::D

Looks like Monday the 13th I will be back at work, no more time to play! BUT there is an upside, I get to make more money, to buy more toys!! Yippee!!:D

Time for me to call it a night. I posted photos of my new (used) rolling stock in the HO board of my forum so my members can see them. Click HERE to see them.

See y'all tomorrow.

P1011174.jpg

Good morning. It's clear and 36. Today is the day of the special board meeting to decide what to do about me in the train club. If I'm approved, great. I may decide to stay in it. If not, I have plenty of my own trains, and I don't need their permission to run them.
Tomorrow we go car shopping. Oh, joy. My wife is about over the unrepairable electrical problem on her G6, and since the company that built it is no longer in business, we have no recourse. We'll trade it in, take whatever we get, and look at the long-term financials of the manufacturer as well as the quality and reputation of the car were going to look at.
So much for "buy American". Her next car may well be a Honda, Toyota, or even a Kia.

Good morning. It's 65 and raining. Chance for rain is 70% this morning decreasing to 60% this afternoon.

I'll be getting the second half of the grocery shopping done today then I'll settle in and go through this collection of old rolling stock that was sent to me. Primarily I'll be seeing which pieces I want to keep. Some of them are too old for my general era. I have no use for stock cars and wood side reefers including two Dairymen's League refrigerator cars that are missing only the brake wheels.

The ones I want to keep will be going to the shop to be fitted with Kadee couplers and if needed serviceable trucks. These trucks will be taken from the cars I don't want.

Yesterday my father and I were trying to get the OnStar system on my mother's car working. No dice. It seems OnStar isn't available here.

P1010355.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning. Slept late again. 6:30. Kinda nice out today. 60*. Supposed to be in the low 80's by 1pm. Finishing up the sorting process of Computer & printer parts. Have some beautiful Aluminum Heatsinks. Have to figure out what I can use them for. They are small to large w/fins. Some are polished brite aluminum & some are anodized or painted diff. colors.:D

Morning all....Finally getting a little rain today.

Nice collection of cars you got Jeffrey. I'd be interested if you decide to sell a few...
Depends on what's left. I'm using the cars I don't want as a parts source for the ones I'm repairing and converting.

So far I've converted two of the cars to body mounted Kadee's. One is an AHM GN boxcar an dthe other is a Roco covered hopper. The hopper had a pair of oversize trucks secured to it with large ugly screws. They had Fleischmann couplers and huge flanges that could cut the thickest pizza. I refitted it with AHM trucks. A big improvement.

A major thunderstorm is moving in so I'll be getting off of here pretty quick.

P1010360.jpg

P1010361.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back