The 30th Coffee Shoppe Dec 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
We have moved again and I bet some of these guys will still find us, just like when I was a kid. Mom and dad would move while I was at school and I kept finding them anyway.

Good Morning...

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.

anim_coffee.png

:cool:

Good morning. It's 65° and cloudy. The high will be 72°. It will be cloudy with a 50% chance of showers.

Today I plan to have a general cleanup on the layout. There's quite a bit of clutter from recent projects and it's starting to take over. Yesterday I had to make repairs on an Athearn tractor trailer as the fifth wheel had broken off. A drop of super glue later and it was back where it belonged, after I peeled my fingertip off the back of the truck that is. I gave a good two hours to dry before reattaching the trailer so there was no possibility of them being permanently joined. I also went to Lowe's to get two bottles of super glue gel, two rolls of one inch wide masking tape, three mis-tinted paint samples, a new light switch and ten rolls of paper towels. Then on to Wal-Mart to get the second half of the grocery shopping done. Wal-Mart was a mad house as it seemed everybody else had the same idea. Today I'll be recovering from that.

P1011603-1.jpg

Hmmm, fresh paint, clean, nicely upholstered seats, very nice Flo!:D
only 1 prob.:(

Did ya have to call it Coffee Shoppe XXX???:rolleyes:

There is NO WAY the wife is gonna believe that were talking about trains!!!:eek:

Whew!! Those triple XXX threads can get a little warmish after all....:eek::rolleyes:

Hi!! How be you all?

I've been a little busy of late...what with Xmas and all else showing up....:rolleyes:

I'll have a coffee and I'll be looking the forum over....:)

Did ya have to call it Coffee Shoppe XXX???

Yep! It came from another forum when it shut down, along with a lot of their members, they wanted a coffee shop and they got it :D
I believe it was a good addition to the forum.

Cheers
Willis

Good morning. It's cloudy and 45.
I'm off to go spend money I don't have, to get a procedure I don't need, for an item I don't have a use for, so I can spend more money I don't have, in order to keep doing something I need to be able to do.
I won't get any more specific than that, long-time followers know what's going on.

Good morning folks

It was 44 F and I could barely see the road as I headed this morning. Our high will be 59 F.

It was a rough weekend. My wife’s uncle passed away on Friday night. This is not a good situation since he has been estranged from the family for over 25 years. My father-in-law has only spoken to his brother maybe five times in that 25 years. My wife tried to act as peacemaker a few years ago and it worked for about a month. In all honesty from what I find out the situation became irreconcilable a long time ago. Over the weekend my father-in-law would try to talk good about his brother but every thought ended with how his brother mistreated their mother or how he took advantage of someone including my father-in-law. After a while my father-in-law stopped trying to find something good. It is a very ugly situation.

On the bright side, my son had a good camping trip with his Boy Scout troop over the weekend. On Sunday we attended the Open House at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. My daughter really liked the school and the campus. She thought that their academic programs are what she is looking for. She is looking at Biology with the intention of going on to Veterinary School. The school also offers a minor in Forensic Science which is something else she is extremely interested in. The best thing is she can do all three. While we were there she had a nice meeting with the assistant volleyball coach. I almost forgot as part of the required Physical Education course they do rifle shooting. My daughter thought that was another plus.

Last night we had the parents meeting for my daughter’s club volleyball team. She can’t wait to start practice tomorrow night.

Tonight my son’s Boy Scout Troop will be attending the Upper Darby Township Police Awards Ceremony. They will act as the color guard and provide assistance throughout the ceremony. Also one of the Assistant Scoutmasters will be receiving the Citizens Award. One evening after a troop meeting he walked outside and found a man mugging a woman. He assisted the woman and was able to detain the suspect until the police arrived.

No trains with everything else happening. Maybe soon.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning. It's 60° and wet with plenty of rain. The high will be lower at 57° and there will be plenty of rain. Chance of rain is at 70%.

I'm sitting here listening to the rain falling on my steel over roof. The sound is quite relaxing. Today I'll see if I can finish the cleanup on the layout. I couldn't do it yesterday as my back was screaming at me for some reason, probably those big packs of paper towels I brought in. I almost fell backward out the door when I was bringing them in. I only just saved myself from a nasty fall by locking my arms out to the sides so my elbows caught the door frame then fell to my left knee putting me over on my left side against the fridge. It still hurt but I prefer it to falling out the door and falling an additional two feet down the steps onto my back on that hard ground. I still had some bad twinges in my back last night but I feel better this morning. I just have a cut on my left elbow from the metal edge of the doorway. Today looks like a good day to get some rest as the weather makes any weathering work nearly impossible. I hope everyone else has a good day.

P1011412.jpg

I'm back home, $240 poorer. I have to go back for the second half of the forms to be filled out, then go submit the forms with $$$ at that agency I can't mention. My supervisor is complaining about me taking too much time off because of all this as well. Like I planned it just to bother him, or something...
Sigh...

Moving on to trains, the open house went well. Only a couple of minor incidents in the entire weekend. Our trains traveled a total of 420 scale miles in the two days, with only a singe equipment failure. A truck mounting screw fell out of a caboose, causing three trains to derail as they ran over the screw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moving on to trains, the open house went well. Only a couple of minor incidents in the entire weekend. Our trains traveled a total of 420 scale miles in the two days, with only a singe equipment failure. A truck mounting screw fell out of a caboose, causing three trains to derail as they ran over the screw.
Shows how much of a screw-up one screw can be.:D

It's 46 here with still a shower coming through now and then. The low is looking like 40 so it's likely the heater will be on low tonight. I'm having eyesight problems again and it's getting hard to focus, even with my glasses on. That seems to happen every three or four months. Looks like I'll have to call a halt to the extensive reading for a while. That's a shame as I like reading the posts here and on other forums. I'm using the MS text to speech program to listen to posts but it's not the same. This is generally as bad as it gets so it should start clearing in a few days, maybe a week or two. I'll still be here, just won't be posting quite as much.

Good morning. It's 42, cloudy. High - 47. Slim chance of rain for morning - afternoon. 50% chance this evening.

Eyesight still giving me problems today. Keeping spell checker busy. Hope everyone else has a good day.

P1011390.jpg

Good morning folks.

I haven't been to the new coffee shop yet. Nobody told me it moved!:eek:
The snow is finally here. We only got five inches this weekend, but it's not melting! I imagine we'll see this layer of snow sometime in April when it all melts.

I spent the weekend in Stillwater MN watching my cousin test for her second degree black belt in karate. It was quite the show seeing how much she's improved since her black belt test over a year ago. I have to say, I finally think I'd lose in a fight to this five foot, hundred ten pound blonde. I suppose I could sit on her if I got close enough, otherwise she'd kick my butt.:D

I haven't done much with the trains in the past few weeks so I don't have much else to share. I'm hoping to run them a little today. That's usually all I need to think of a project to start.

Have a great day everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back