Running Bear's December 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, my wife is not tolerant of Erithritol. It gives her very painful gas bloating. To the point where she belches like a sailor just to get relief. And she's 110 pounds soaking wet, so it's not like she can hold in much compressed gas, lol!

About the only non-sugar sweetener she can handle is Stevia.
My other half can’t take too much stevia or xylitol we can’t get the monk one here so erithritol for him is fine, I sympathise with her belching I cannot drink coke or cola or anything from those companies without benching loudly although I can stomach some others luckily britivics aqua libra with no sweetness no sugars no artificial sand no calories is fine the other half likes the berries flavour I like the orange and mango or the cucumber mint and lime would go well with a curry.
I personally can eat just about anything I like, I join him in principle because I would hate for him to eat food I like in front of me, so I avoid doing it to him.

at least she has one,and in the uk it is easy to get hold of

Last edited:
Afternoon All,

Started out today walking at 55F and current temp is 76F. I did some chores and got a haircut for the new year (I really needed it). The T/O came in just before I left for the barber. I was hoping to install it this weekend but that may not happen due to assisting MOH cooking for the family New Year Day supper. Son (Chef) can't help since he is doing double shifts today, Sat., and Sun.

Sherrel- Nice photo (faded paint).

Smudge- It always feels good to solve a layout issue.

Mike- If you mean a convenience store, I wish you luck. Right after I retired from the Navy, I worked in one for 6 months (Sarasota) in a not good part of town. I really disliked that job and couldn't wait to leave it. I do wish you the best though.

Trussrod Dave- That sounds like a fun time with the boy.

TomO- You can't help people that don't want helped.

Joe- Nice photo.

Willie- Nice scenes.

Terry- Very sorry to hear about your son's medical issues and wish him the best.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Got the old air exhaust duck cut. I had to tape up some carboard to stop the sparks from setting the place on fire.
Swal

Bathroom_duct_05.JPG

Bathroom_duct_06.jpg

Afternoon All,

Started out today walking at 55F and current temp is 76F. I did some chores and got a haircut for the new year (I really needed it). The T/O came in just before I left for the barber. I was hoping to install it this weekend but that may not happen due to assisting MOH cooking for the family New Year Day supper. Son (Chef) can't help since he is doing double shifts today, Sat., and Sun.

Sherrel- Nice photo (faded paint).

Smudge- It always feels good to solve a layout issue.

Mike- If you mean a convenience store, I wish you luck. Right after I retired from the Navy, I worked in one for 6 months (Sarasota) in a not good part of town. I really disliked that job and couldn't wait to leave it. I do wish you the best though.

Trussrod Dave- That sounds like a fun time with the boy.

TomO- You can't help people that don't want helped.

Joe- Nice photo.

Willie- Nice scenes.

Terry- Very sorry to hear about your son's medical issues and wish him the best.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Curt, it didn’t bother me too much. I lost that idealistic everything can be fixed feeling about 40 years ago when I turned 30. I offered him an opportunity THAT ALSO would have helped us too. He refused it, we move on. He was the closest to the perfect on paper candidate we have had in the last year though.

The op session was fun. It was a relaxed session and we moved a lot of trains. We will get a follow up report tonight or tomorrow. One derailment and the issue was easily seen. The truck on a gondola broke apart. I had never seen that but I have been to very few sessions compared to most of todays crew. Many operate away from the home layout 2-3 times per WEEK

Curt, it didn’t bother me too much. I lost that idealistic everything can be fixed feeling about 40 years ago when I turned 30. I offered him an opportunity THAT ALSO would have helped us too. He refused it, we move on. He was the closest to the perfect on paper candidate we have had in the last year though.
From what your saying, despite being closest on paper to the perfect candidate, his attitude towards you and your SIL, was to me, disrespectful to say the least, and it appears, regardless of the train issue, that he most likely would have brought that attitude (if he had accepted the job offer) into the work place, something I doubt, anyone else working there would have appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back