Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CHRISTIAΝ I enjoy your pictures and seeing your latest track plan. You're currently doing a lot more model railroading than I am.
thankyousign.gif

The car looks good I like the weathering and why Kids these days can never eat food we have at the house my 2 daughters get that way sometimes but I will say this if they want something different they cook it them selves they love to cook like there Mother.
Thanks for the comment about the weathered car.

The son’s pizza responded after he ordered it that delivery would be 12:25, then a notice saying 1am then a notice saying 1:30 that’s when he cancelled it with no cancellation fee. He had a small sandwich that his mom offered him at 11:450m when we got home from the airport.

TomO

The Social Security sent me a letter yesterday that my monthly check will increase by $85, so thats nice. I pay the house with it. Thanks for the comments on the snow scene. Ezra who is 7, used plaster of paris and sifted in onto the layout. I am impressed by his work and that he thot of it by himself. He taught himself how to play the piano, so he is a creative kid.

Mike

The Social Security sent me a letter yesterday that my monthly check will increase by $85, so thats nice. I pay the house with it. Thanks for the comments on the snow scene. Ezra who is 7, used plaster of paris and sifted in onto the layout. I am impressed by his work and that he thot of it by himself. He taught himself how to play the piano, so he is a creative kid.

Mike
Mmmm, wonder how long it will be before you have competition in your train room 🙂

Had to walk by the train yesterday, got “derailed” from what I was supposed to be doing and stopped to look over the process, how can I not? lol Was looking at my industry spurs and decided to dig out my old buildings, man are they in bad shape😕 20 years in storage and a few moves, they look like they are earthquake victims. Trying not to spend too much money (I know it’s inevitable though), hopefully I can refurbish some of these, unfortunately my skill level is lacking so hoping I can use some of DJs tips and tricks and return them to some useful models. If anyone else has a suggestion I am all ears 😉

Good Morning All ans Merry Christmas Eve. It's mostly clear and 58°, headed up to 82°. My kind of weather, slept with the bedroom window open last night (just a little) and that looks to be the pattern for the next four days at least.
The Christmas marathon which was set to begin today will now start tomorrow. The girls and their families collectively decided that they were not coming to our house this afternoon so my wife and I would have an extra day of relaxation. Tomorrow it's off to brunch/gift exchange at daughter #1's home in Dallas in the morning with the Taylor Ham, waffles and Mimosas. Then the festivities move about a mile away to daughter #2's home for the now traditional prime rib dinner cooked mostly by my SIL and my wife. She does the Yorkshire Pudding and the gravy; he does the meat, smashed taters, creamed corn and green beans. In between, at one house or the other I take a nap! Sunday it's off to my brother's home, also in Dallas, for my family's early afternoon gathering of traditionally 45+ people. We no longer do the sit down turkey meal, a tradition that I hated to see end, but it just got too large for the host family. It's just appetizers and desserts. I am making homemade French Onion Dip; à la sauteed onions, cream cheese and sour cream. Monday, it's off to the other side of the Metroplex for a much smaller get together at a restaurant in Ft Worth with my wife's family.
Yesterday's weekly grocery trek was totally uneventful. They had everything that was on the list and every item was more expensive. Six months ago I normally got out with everything including beer for ~$130. Yesterday I didn't even purchase any meat or soft drinks and it was $198!!! I saw bacon at an unbelievable $11.49/lb. The only prices that haven't increased are the beer prices! Gas was up again to $2.88/gal, but I had enough Kroger gas points for a 70¢/gal discount.
I will be using the extra time today to do a few outdoor tasks while the weather is so fine. All presents are wrapped now as I did hers last night when she was in the shower.

Just bacon and OJ this morning Flo. Holiday diet starts today.

Thanks for the likes and comments of support yesterday regarding the DPM structure; Christian, Patrick, Guy, Sherrel, Karl, Chad, Louis, Smudge, James, Lee, Steve J, Jerry, Tom O, Rick, Hughie, Curt, OB Ken, Jesse, Joe.

Yesterday was just a run trains day out in the train shed, although I did get out there for a short time in the morning and painted the new DPM structure. Sorry no pictures of that yet. I gathered up all of the windows and doors but didn't paint them yet. No more modeling work planned until next Tuesday.
11-17-19 002.JPG

Jesse -
About an hour and a half south, approximately 84 miles
Y'all sure drive slow there in SC!;)
Troy - I would go with the removable section on wheels. Of course you know that once you build it, it will never be needed.
George - Wife and I are both expecting a 5.9% increase in SS benefits. I'm not too sure that will cover the current inflation though!
Chad - Your new house is really taking DIY to a new level. Congratulations on the progress.
Chris - I have resurrected structures from old layouts that were in storage successfully. Post pictures and I might be able to make suggestions.

Everybody have a great day. Merry Christmas and stay safe.

Good Morning All ans Merry Christmas Eve. It's mostly clear and 58°, headed up to 82°. My kind of weather, slept with the bedroom window open last night (just a little) and that looks to be the pattern for the next four days at least.
The Christmas marathon which was set to begin today will now start tomorrow. The girls and their families collectively decided that they were not coming to our house this afternoon so my wife and I would have an extra day of relaxation. Tomorrow it's off to brunch/gift exchange at daughter #1's home in Dallas in the morning with the Taylor Ham, waffles and Mimosas. Then the festivities move about a mile away to daughter #2's home for the now traditional prime rib dinner cooked mostly by my SIL and my wife. She does the Yorkshire Pudding and the gravy; he does the meat, smashed taters, creamed corn and green beans. In between, at one house or the other I take a nap! Sunday it's off to my brother's home, also in Dallas, for my family's early afternoon gathering of traditionally 45+ people. We no longer do the sit down turkey meal, a tradition that I hated to see end, but it just got too large for the host family. It's just appetizers and desserts. I am making homemade French Onion Dip; à la sauteed onions, cream cheese and sour cream. Monday, it's off to the other side of the Metroplex for a much smaller get together at a restaurant in Ft Worth with my wife's family.
Yesterday's weekly grocery trek was totally uneventful. They had everything that was on the list and every item was more expensive. Six months ago I normally got out with everything including beer for ~$130. Yesterday I didn't even purchase any meat or soft drinks and it was $198!!! I saw bacon at an unbelievable $11.49/lb. The only prices that haven't increased are the beer prices! Gas was up again to $2.88/gal, but I had enough Kroger gas points for a 70¢/gal discount.
I will be using the extra time today to do a few outdoor tasks while the weather is so fine. All presents are wrapped now as I did hers last night when she was in the shower.

Just bacon and OJ this morning Flo. Holiday diet starts today.

Thanks for the likes and comments of support yesterday regarding the DPM structure; Christian, Patrick, Guy, Sherrel, Karl, Chad, Louis, Smudge, James, Lee, Steve J, Jerry, Tom O, Rick, Hughie, Curt, OB Ken, Jesse, Joe.

Yesterday was just a run trains day out in the train shed, although I did get out there for a short time in the morning and painted the new DPM structure. Sorry no pictures of that yet. I gathered up all of the windows and doors but didn't paint them yet. No more modeling work planned until next Tuesday.
View attachment 137541

Jesse -

Y'all sure drive slow there in SC!;)
Troy - I would go with the removable section on wheels. Of course you know that once you build it, it will never be needed.
George - Wife and I are both expecting a 5.9% increase in SS benefits. I'm not too sure that will cover the current inflation though!
Chad - Your new house is really taking DIY to a new level. Congratulations on the progress.
Chris - I have resurrected structures from old layouts that were in storage successfully. Post pictures and I might be able to make suggestions.

Everybody have a great day. Merry Christmas and stay safe.
Nice pic Willie. Have a Merry Christmas Eve today

I got a letter from RR retirement today saying it's increasing 5.9 percent. That's real good increase My wife also receives RR retirement because she's married to me, and she get the increase. I would guess SS also receives the increase? Is that the case?
George
George, did they mention if there was a Tier II increase? My mail is on hold, I won't see it until Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back