Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Dad had his appointment that wasn't an appointment at the VA.:rolleyes: He'll get his supplies in the mail, but he did get a pair of diabetic shoes. And as a plus once again there was an accident on the toll road as we were driving home (second time in a row). After lunch I added some "shrubbery and flowers" in the static grass section. After that I added vehicles and people, outhouses and some details. Tomorrow I should have the facility "populated" with my locomotives.

Thank you all for the likes yesterday on my photos.

Chris- Thank you.

Lee- Thank you. Nice holiday rail car.

Terry- I was thinking about that after you posted about your landlords. I'm sorry to hear about the issues. You may remember that I recently had to clean out Mom & Dad's house. It took 2 dedicated months, 2 estate sales, money paid to dispose of a busted organ (because of weight), and the help of 7 people from time to time. If I had to do it again, I would have rented a dumpster. MOH didn't want to do that, so we had to ferry c**p from the house by the truck load (20ish) to the front of our house. Where they lived the trash regs were ridiculous.

Karl- That's funny, but probably not to you.

Joe- Thank you.

Willie- Nice progress. I really like the mortar lines in the last photo.

Smudge- What do you prefer? That's what's most important.

Christian- Shame on them. If you're doing anything with a train, then you are a model railroader. My friend Phil has a bare bones layout on plywood, and I have always believed that in this hobby it's to each their own style.

I hope everyone has a good night.

We were granted an early release today, after what will be the last company Christmas party ever. The new company is open for business daily, except Christmas day, and no independent employee gatherings are permitted on the property.
I received my parting Christmas bonus, $50, after twelve years' service.
I was presented with a framed group of Company photos in which I have appeared over the years, during the party. The atmosphere was supposed to be happy, but with all the changes, and pending changes, the overall feeling was almost funereal.

Today, I have a question. I recall that the mods were changing our "titles" under our avatars. Who do I pm to get that done. Finally figured out that I want mine to read: Snarky Old Fart (in training)
After logging in, right click on your name, open in a new tab and scroll down to "Custom Title". Go from there. OR left click and then click on Account Details and go to "Custom Title".

789A4AE1-EBF6-45A6-A2EA-C37287781007.jpeg

Over the last two days, I made significant progress on the DPM structure that I am making out of modular walls. I don't know yet what kind of business/warehouse it may be yet, but the walls are now complete.
Willie- When I looked at the first picture, I thought you had put in orange shades in the windows. My mistake!!!!

The build is looking good.
Have you thought about painting the building mint green and the front door grass green and calling the business " The Green Door Store"?

Last edited:
2. A quick disconnect section on casters to wheel out should the need arise. I'd see perhaps three track sections that need to be disconnected.
Troy- our club sectional layout is connected by 3" door hinges with pop out pins to hold the sections together. We have 6" track connector sections for each module connected with track joiners. Relatively easy to disassemble and reconnect WITH TWO PEOPLE, because we have removable legs. With casters, one person could handle it. You can see where the sections meet just in front of the yellow Chevy and the track connections.

Attachments

• ms 91.JPG
    ms 91.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back