Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

Corey, I'm sorry to hear about your four-legged child.
We went on a trip through the mountains, and our dog got car sick. After reading your post, I find I don't mind the smell of dog puke quite as much as I did.

Hi Corey, It isn't easy having to see a long time friend like George go I know, I've lost several pets myself. Three dogs and two cats, no wait Cali, my first Calico female cat who was about a year old and very loving and I always showed her a lot love decided to wonder up the hill behind my house a short bit one day and I've never seen her again. I keep hopping but fear the worst living in the country. I kept both her and her brother in the enclosed back porch at night for safety due to the other wild animals around too and they both would come in at night both were very loving. Her brother Buffy likes to jump up on the Micro-Wave and climb up and put his paws on my Left shoulder to sort of hug me and often really nuzzles me too.

Well, maybe it's time for another little George 2nd kitty?

Good evening coffee shop friends,
Hi Francine, where's Flo, oh she took the day off, I see. I'll just have some coffee and a slice of the Dutch Apple pie.
Oh, I think Phil said he was buying today!? That's big of him, being that he's feeling generous I have the Pot Pie special first and then see about the apple pie.

It's now &:12 Pm and been somewhat cool day with fairly clear skys but a few clouds earlier. Let see what WW says? 50.2 °F - Feels Like 50.2°F, Winds are from the East at 5.8, with Hum-i-dity at 69%, the high today was 69 °F and low will be 47 °F. Supposedly there is a flash flood watch in effect but it's only supposed to bring an inch or so of rain?

I paid my property taxes today so I got that out of the way, that's why I was glad Phil was feeling so generous. Thanks guy.

Now I'm going to see if I can find the guy I bought the Old Time Climax body from as he also had the hand railings and domes and I believe the boiler front for the body at a fairly reasonable price.

In case any of you are interested, the MDC/Roundhouse Old Time Box Cab Diesel [AGEIR] frame. motor, running gear and drive line and trucks are the exact same thing as used on their Old Time Climax.

So I'll see what I can find out about the rest of the Climax parts?
I did locate them but wasn't all that impressed with them plus they seemed rather pricy, so I'll just have to fabricate my own it seems.

Talk with you all later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corey, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. These little creatures do grow on you, and it is most painful when you lose one.

Joe

Sorry to hear,about your cat, Corey. Cats and dogs are without a doubt the best nonhuman companions that anyone could ever ask for. In fact, they are often times superior to humans because they truly love us unconditionally.

Back in 2008, we had to have my boy's dog put to sleep at the age of 16. I held her as it was done and both my wife and I cried like babies. She was a very sweet dog whom we "inherited" because he couldn't take her with him to live in Chicago after he was married.

My wife and I got the first of our two "boys" about two months later. The only thing wrong with pets is the fact that they don't live as long as we wish they would.

So sorry to read of your cat/friend Corey. It never gets any easier. When the time comes and you are ready to open your home and heart to another 4 legged fur ball, please consider giving a furever home to a rescue animal. We've got 4 formerly abandoned and unloved cats.

Good morning folks...

One shift down and 15 to go, then we can call this Christmas and New Year, over and done with...

Have a nice day everyone!

IMG_20141130_221305_zpse9kwli5i.jpg

POUR_COFFEE1-Copy.png

Good Morning! Today is Tue 12/2/14.

Cold with a high of 39. Going to the Ford dealer for a recall today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Morning all. Back at work again after a trip to Billings yesterday. Sure am getting tired of cold weather and winter hasn't officially started yet.

Sure like 113's pictures. Looks very familiar. I spent a lot of time in the NP dome cars on trips on the North Coast limited.

Not too bad this morning, 25 above. Time to get out the shorts.

What was the recall? I was considering a new Ford.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning everybody!

36 with light rain in south east Baltimore.

hearing how cold it is in other places makes me feel better about 36.

Stay warm and have a great day everybody!

How do think I feel when it's a chilly 58 and ONLY going to 79. Sorry folks had enough of the cold and ice when I was younger. My bones get achey quickly.
Hope y'all stay warm and well.
Phil

Good morning folks.

Thanks again to everyone for your comforting words. It means a lot actually. I'm barreling through all of the usual times I would interact with George. I don't think I realized how many parts of my routine involved him. The good thing is we still have his sister, Sox. She's shy but friendly. We also have the two refugees that we picked up from a friends farm last year. Beulah, the tiger striped tabby, slept in George's spot last night. I think I've found my new sleeping buddy! It seems funny to carry on like this when there are people out there with real problems. It's just good to know that time heals all things. Thanks again for the kind words.

Good morning America, from beautiful Mesa, AZ. Forgot just how beautiful Arizona is. And how warm too. We lived here for six and a half years in the 80's and were last here in 96. Boy, have things ever changed! We can't get over how much it has grown.........what was open desert is now developed land and freeways everywhere. We know we won't live in Mesa again.......just way to big! Looking for a smaller area that has nice weather. Stay warm everyone! Sorry, I couldn't resist. We'll be heading back to Illinois later on and all the horrible weather that goes with it.

Morning All,

In process of washing towels and sheets. I was sitting in the living room this morning and heard a banging on our patio (enclosed) and discovered a crane had walked in but could not figure how to get out. It appears my SIL left the side door open when he was out there smoking on Sunday. We herded the bird to the door and it flew off.

I tore out the mountain yesterday and added a small piece of plywood on that end. I also drew the arc of the new curve. The biggest I can make it is 19.5 inches because of other considerations.

Corey- I am very sorry about your loss. I know how hard it is to loss a animal we love.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Good Morning; it's 39° and overcast.

The Jets lost again last night..........way to go, Rex!

The Rivarossi RPO project continues.......I completed the interior last night, using a 70s era Walthers interior kit.(Cost $1.50 MSRP). Three pieces of strip wood, a card stock cutout work area, ¼" staples for the pouch rack and a white metal sorting box, and two white metal toilets. Compare that to Walthers contemporary interiors, and it looks kind of crude. Today, I'm drilling .80 holes for wire grab irons. Since this project is limited to parts on hand, I'm probably going to use kadee's truck mounted couplers, rather than floor mount couplers.

Later guys.

Joe

Corey--just read about your 15 yr old kitten, sorry for your loss.

We lost a few and looking at pictures of them evokes all sorts of emotions, of the joy of their presence and the ache of their absence. I have heard that we will be reunited with them when this is all over. That is what I call a wonderful thought.

We are going to have a warm up this week. Finally. lasm

Just got back from my cancer surgeon for my checkup. Clean bill of health. Jan. 7 see cancer doc.. So far, so good. All test have been negative.
Now if only I could be as good a modeler as you folks I'd have it made.
Wish y'all Health and Happiness .
Phil

Just got back from my cancer surgeon for my checkup. Clean bill of health. Jan. 7 see cancer doc.. So far, so good. All test have been negative.
Phil

Yippeeeee! Great news Flip!

Good afternoon everyone,
How is everything down at the dinner today. Hi Francine, how about a bowl of hot chili and some coffee.

It's a cool wet day here, the supposed gully-washer I was supposed to get never materialized which is maybe a good thing but it did start to come down fairly good but then let up and it's just been a good soaking rain which the area needs.

I need to get the new track I laid down electrified so I can have a longer run and make use of the Whiskey siding which will hold 10 36' cars which are 40' from coupler to coupler or almost 400 feet of cars.

Morning All,

I tore out the mountain yesterday and added a small piece of plywood on that end. I also drew the arc of the new curve. The biggest I can make it is 19.5 inches because of other considerations.
I hope everyone has a good day.

Say Curt: I would think that would give you enough of a radius especially if what you had before was an 18" or less. I'm very
surprised some of the larger steam loco's you have will negotiate an 18" radius. I have a Brass 2-8-2 that won't handle one of my curves where even my 2-6-0 will and it has an extended third driver but maybe the other wheel base is longer yet?

Anyway glad that a bit of an addition helped to solve the radius problem.

Phil

Say Phil: Glad to hear everything showed negative concerning any Cancer. A Chinese buddy sent me an article that said if you get a whole lemon and wash the skin good and then freeze the whole lemon and once frozen grate it over much of your food the lemon will kill all the various forms of Cancer! And No Side affects either.

Back