Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

Good morning everyone!

36 with mostly clear skies in south east Baltimore.

Have a great day everyone!

I finished decorating my Christmas trees yesterday. It's kind of a pain decorating that many trees but I enjoy the atmosphere it gives the whole house. Now I should probably think about getting my Christmas shopping started!

Corey I am intrigued to know more, I love Christmas and nearly everything about it, I can do with out black Friday mobs.
If you have time I would love to hear more about your Christmas Trees and if you can pictures would be great!
Here is a link to a great thread, the perfect place for your Christmas activities. What Do You Do For Christmas?
Good selling, work those end of the year deals!
Being a salesmen is always dicey, I know first hand, but an honest man willing to work will always be successful!

Hi Toot,
I'm not familiar with the newer cars so I'd have a hard time drying to determine who actually makes the car? He must ha gotten the Name Fox Valley from somewhere but again I'd be at a loss to determine who the manufacturer is myself.

The car does seem to fit the description from what I can tell and does look quite nice.

Athearn "Blue Box" judging by the moulded in ladders/grabs/heavy stirrups, certainly ain't "high end" detail, but no doubt he's noticed that MRL is pulling some good prices these days.

33 above at 5 AM. Hasn't started that warm in a while. Beginning to plan on what projects can be done for the layout over the weekend. Most likely more scenery.

attachment.php

Good morning folks.

I haven't added the trains under the trees yet but hopefully this weekend. I just have a Holiday themed g scale train set and a 1960's vintage Lionel scout set for under the trees. Nothing too elaborate.

Here is my tree.
_904854376205123_8320521244653531389_n_zps6d59a18f.png

Gina's tree.
_904855502871677_3165318529388291593_n_zps0cb4a2a0.png

Dining room tree.
_904861412871086_4619585603207162732_n_zps2a89f298.png

Nascar tree.
_904861409537753_6407926890364308004_n_zps75589582.png

Disco tree.
_904861406204420_8358836149694884243_n_zps9ec56df6.png

The first two are real. The other three are fake as heck!

That's all for now!
Have a good day everyone.

COREY- Love what you have done. May you never lose your enjoyment of the season . Thanks for sharing.

Temp. is now 70 going to 80.

Phil

When 9 degrees feels warm something must not be right. That is what we had this morning, and I guess because no wind and a damp fog in the air it actually felt warmer.

They are having a hard time selling global warming in my area. Hope everyone has a peaceful day. lasm

Good morning America! The temperature yesterday got up to 78° according to the thermometer on the car while we were checking out Coolidge and Florence. We really liked Coolidge, it was a lot like Mesa thirty or forty years ago. Still small, clean and friendly and best of all, warm in winter. Of course, that means hot in summer but we lived in that kind of weather before and loved it!

This morning it's raining and in the mid fifties. Predicted to clear off before noon and get back to the 70's..........wish we could bring the weather back with us.

Slept most of the day today....
One more shift before the weekend....
Have a nice day everyone...

Oh....and Photobucket isn't working properly! :(

6121614453_ba52c28b91_b_zpseaxuodcm.png

Milwaukee Rd 113, I just wonder what you do, seems like you work some strange hours? or maybe just the time diff.

lasm

Corey: Nice decorations, trees look great.

Burlington Bob: Arizona sounds nice this time of year.

LASM: Believe that "Old Milwaukee" lives and works in the UK. That in itself makes for a seven hour time differential to the Eastern time zone. I also guess he works at night.

Been tied to the kitchen table today, paying bills and handling other matters I normally tend to let go until the last minute. My son and I elected to split a set of PRR H32 Covered Hoppers. BLI only sells them in four packs, and neither of us needs four. First look, they are nice looking cars, no where near as bad as some of the comments on another forum would have one believe. I have an article with drawings and photos to compare to the model, when I get to it, but they work for me.

Have to re-light a 36" wreath that goes outside between the two front windows. I'm also going to add a few new decorations to it to replace some that have fallen off, as well as to make it closer in appearance to a new one we picked up yesterday.

Joe

Milwaukee Rd 113, I just wonder what you do, seems like you work some strange hours? or maybe just the time diff.

lasm

Time difference, plus that I work nightshift I imagine...
Work for a drink delivering company here in Glasgow, deliver all the booze etc., to pubs, bars, clubs etc., etc...here in town and around the country.
Used to be out on the road, work in the warehouse now...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back