Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

Thankyou TERRY ! I needed that. lol
Morning should get down to 60 with a high of about 80 .Slight chance of showers.
Best wishes to all
Phil

Evening All,

Hope everyone is well. I have finished all the prep work for my layout project and tomorrow I plan on putting down the cork road bed (about 8-9 ft).

Phil- That is great news.

David- The problem is that the curve had a little jog in it inside the tunnel of course. My steamers did not like it much. Unfortunately since it was inside the mountain I really could not fix it so I lived with it for awhile. Luckily I don't have large steam anymore. The longest steam loco I own now are 3 K4s so just mid size steam.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good Evening:

Phil: Cancer Free, that's great news!

Terry: I had that brain scan also....told me there was nothing there.....:rolleyes:.

Today, was one of those busy, run around days when nothing gets done. I have a humidifier connected to my hot air heating system. The plastic ¼" OD feed tube cracked, resulting in a leak. Since I had to replace that line, my wife suggested I replace the drain tube, a ½" OD tube, which runs from the humidifier to the water raising pump (system is below sewer level), and a 3/8" OD tube which runs from the water raising pump to the drain. That project pretty much took all evening.

Tomorrow, I take the Chevy over to the Chevy dealer for its recall work, (plus other maintenance/repairs I'm too lazy to do myself). Hopefully, it will be as painless as the Caddie was two weeks ago.

I did run the layout for about an hour before dinner, this evening. Should make that a daily habit. I have to take my Dremel and grind the letter rack in my RPO. doesn't quite fit.........

later.

Joe

Hello everyone, thought I'd stop in again and see what's going on?

It's been a wet cold day here but nothing compared to Montanan. Let see what WW says: 56.5 °F - Feels Like 56.5 °F, winds are from the ESE at 7.3 mph, Hum-i-dity is 100% as it been a fine drizzle most of the day. The high was 58 °F, the low is supposed to be 51 °F. The rest of the week is supposed to be a bit warmer so it's a good time for me to go up and double check the roof as I may have had yet a few very slight leaks with a couple over the layout area too.

For anyone that might be interested, especially new individuals getting into the hobby, Harbor Freight has a few very reasonable items going on and their flyer has the coupons for them. They have a Drillmaster corded 80 piece Rotary Tool kit for $7.99 with the coupon and it looks to be very similar to a Dremel for a whole lot less, they may even have a cordless at the store for a little more? They also have a Drillmaster 18 volt cordless drill/driver with 3/8" key less chuck for $16.99 with coupon as well as an 18 Volt cordless drill/driver and light for $19.99! I bought two of these drills last year but they don't have the driver ability and they work great and really hold their charge and don't take too long to charge up fully either. Just don't leave them on charge too long as the little transformer gets pretty hot but other than that they are great and the key less chuck closes down quite a bit to hold small bits.

They also have a set of six wire brushes 3 being smaller that can come in handy for distressing wood or scratching other surfaces. $1.59 with Couponn

Now if only I could be as good a modeler as you folks I'd have it made.
Phil

Phil, now what makes you feel your not as good as any of us? You may well even be better in various ways. Possibly your hesitant thinking you have to do something on your layout when you not sure how it's going to turn out? So create a mini scene, at least for the portion your gong to want to work on and try the temp scene. Or do something in foam to initially get an idea before you actually finish it the way you want. I'm thinking I'm going to have to experiment with several different methods myself.

You know, I had a brain scan once, they told me the results were negative.

Say Terry: You were lucky you got results, they just told me it would be a waist of energy!
I'm still puzzled why they said that ??

Last edited by a moderator:
BUNN_COFFEE.png

Good Morning! Today is Wed 12/3/14.

Cold with a high of 40. Might be going to Kokomo today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good Morning Everybody!

37 with light rain in south east Baltimore

Great news Phil! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Have a great day everybody!

Good morning troops....
What a.....shift that was!
But then again, it's the Christmas madness, nothing else to expect....

No Milwaukee Road books today! :(

MILW%20556%20night_zpsbjpac2pb.jpg

Good morning America! It's 62° in Arizona with a high of 74° and a chance of a little rain. We're loving it while we can!

Good morning folks.

It's cold and sunny today.

Phil, that's great news from the Docs!

I finished decorating my Christmas trees yesterday. It's kind of a pain decorating that many trees but I enjoy the atmosphere it gives the whole house. Now I should probably think about getting my Christmas shopping started!

I work the later shift at work so I suppose I should think about getting dressed!

Have a good day everyone.

Good aftrernoon, Hi everyone, how are you Flo & Francine, Ya, we are wondering about Jeffrey too, I'm also concerned about another modeler friend Zoe from up in BC that I haven't heard much from him either lately.

Well because it is getting closer to Christmas, and I'm trying to make amends I'll buy coffee for every one here. Is that going to come to more than $2.75?

The temp is 66.7 per my Caldwell hand held wind/temp digital unit and the the wind speed is 5.4 mph is the highest I read with most gusts being about 3 mph. The sky is quite cloudy and there wasn't enough Blue in it to make a Dutchman a pair of pants a bit earlier and I just checked a bit ago and it's even cloudier yet so it seems more rain is on it way although not in the forecast. I got exactly .7" per my NWSRG from yesterday and last night. So I'll see what the day brings?

= = = =
On the C & S-West front I did get some main line track connected to my existing block control switches, an Atlas Connector which two open spots as planned prior. Now I have to run power from the main buss line to the two curved switches, actually only one and I run a jumper to the other one. Then I also need to run jumpers on the Whiskey Switch main line and siding and for now my wiring is done but I also need to build a regular #5 Left hand switch for the lower main line at Five Oaks so I can get those rails connected and electrify them.

Hope you all have a good day.

Evening All,

If the coffee is already provided, I have a slice of rhubarb pie for everyone. We went grocery shopping today and I got the cork roadbed down today on the layout. I also prepped the track that will go down but it will probably be either Friday or Sunday before I can get to it.

Tomorrow plans are to clean house and to put up the Christmas Tree.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Hi Toot,
I'm not familiar with the newer cars so I'd have a hard time drying to determine who actually makes the car? He must ha gotten the Name Fox Valley from somewhere but again I'd be at a loss to determine who the manufacturer is myself.

The car does seem to fit the description from what I can tell and does look quite nice.

Tonight I warmed up some Jimmy Dean, 'Golden Rosted Chicken,' with Potatoes, Green & Red Bell Peppers and Onions in a Creamy Herb sauce. Serving size 1 bowl per carton: 630 mg of Sodium, 4g of Sugar

It tastes pretty good so far, and it's Micro-waveable too!

= = = = =

In trying to remember an old saying about, 'The On-sheet Check-Off' I came upon this site, 'Carknocker', which is quite interesting due to the fact this fellow Walter who owns the site actually was a Carknocker! http://www.carknocker.com/

Here's an old saying:

1890's On-Sheet Check-Off

> The Carknocker has the marker flags placed;

> The consist is right with the On-Sheet checkoff;

> We got wind pumping back to the shake;

> The Old Man is in the crummy up on his throne;

> This Old Teakettle is feathering her pops;

> The tender has been topped off with water;

> It also has a full load of coal;

> So, release the breaks and we are ready to roll!

* This is as best I can remember how the story goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coffee-pouring-Copy.png

Good Morning! Today is Thu 12/4/14.

Wintry mix with a high of 35. Going to the club meeting today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Back