Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIX

Classy Lady...

RF&P 613 4-8-4 Baldwin 1944.jpg

Good pics Eric.Looks like you're making good headway. I haven't even started my sand towers yet. They look good.

I just put on the delivery pipes on the big tower. If you ask me, they are an accident looking for a place to break.
I would consider using one as template to make you own using thin wire instead. Very likely I'll be doing that the first it tips over...
which brings me to another point. Load up base of both towers with some heavy weight.

Go Dodgers!! ....or should I maybe say Go Milwaukee Brewers!! ;):D

Either one is ok by me, they are both in the National league, the Orioles are in the American league. If they meet in the World Series I will have a different opinion!

I follow the Washington Nationals too, but my heart is with the Orioles.

Good afternoon fellow Gandy Dancers,
It's a great day here in Coarsegold, the temp is 65* with a slight breeze.

Not too much happening on my layout as I've been letting too many things get in the way. Can't seem to win for loosing, no wife so no honey-do's but my inner voice keeps nagging away at me. Actually I have plenty of things to do around the place which I'm well aware of.

Got in here late today. Doin' honey dooz. Started off at 35 degrees and cloudy.
Eric, post some photos of your progress. Later today or tomorros I'll post what I have under construction on my fueling facility.

Have to head to town to look at new appliances. The trade off for my trip to Daytona Brach this spring is a kitchen remodel, along with a couple of bathrooms. I have a feeling this could get expensive.

Say Chet, You say you have a feeling things could get expensive? Rest assured they probably will!

I'm not building the drying house until I get some paint. The molded color they used doesn't really suit me.

View attachment 49357

I like the darker grey color much better.
= = =

Say Francine, how about some more coffee, thanks. I guess you have been down talking with Chet more lately. Some guys have all the luck, I think I'll have to start visiting Hooters in Fresno and see if that helps me out?

Either one is ok by me, they are both in the National league, the Orioles are in the American league. If they meet in the World Series I will have a different opinion!

I follow the Washington Nationals too, but my heart is with the Orioles.

Could be fun, watch the game over a few chilled ones, wind each other up over the teams....;):D

Afternoon All,

MOH's new sewing table showed up today. It only weighs around 250 lbs. With the help of our son and SIL we got it upstairs without damage or injury. The grand kids are over for the day while their Mom & Dad are boxing stuff up over at their house in preparation for selling their house. Now that they have the boys they really need something bigger. Later everybody is getting together for supper.

Tomorrow I will need to clean the house then the extended family is coming over for a early Easter supper. We are doing it early so our son can eat before going to work.

BigE- Here is what I did with the kit. I put cat litter in the sand container and spritzed some color and vegetation on it. I finally decided to put a little caulk under the stairs and towers to hold them down. If I decide to move them a little ISO will loosen them up for removal.

20150404_162238_zps86qbvqpd.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Here's another lovely '13', a Camel Back.

View attachment 49353

I've seen the models of these that Mantua, now part of Model Power put out as well as IHC. But I never really gave any thought to the workings of this Loco till I saw this picture. It just dawned on me that the fire box must have been at the extreme rear an the fireman had considerable exposure to the elements.

Checking Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelback_locomotive, They even show an early articulated one which I never knew was built, Erie Railroad's L-1 class!

I see they also built a 4-4-0 rail inspection loco that looked as though most of the boiler was surrounded by a passenger coach looking arrangement? Interesting what info is around.

Nice work Curt. Looking good. Mine is far from being done. I only have the beam and piping for the fueling on the platform right now. The fuel tank and sand house are in the rear, on the same track that incoming coal is supplied along with a water column. I had to shorten the trach at the front to make things fit, but in time it will get done. Like I mentioned earlier, I have to get to the turnout at the rear behind the coaling tower to hook up a manual control. As soon as I get my butt in gear, things can move forward. I may have some remodeling work around the house to do in the mean time.

IMAG0340.jpg

Got back from town a while ago after picking out new kitchen appliances and deciding which counter tops and back splash items we'll be using. I think I will pay dearly for the trip to Daytona. Still have two bathrooms to figure out.

If I don't get on tomorrow I do want to wish a HAPPY EASTER to everyone

Yeah, Happy Easter to everyone.
I'll be checking in and out from here all day - nothing new there.

I won't be doing anything.
No where to go.
Maybe go upstairs with a few beer and drive some trains a while.
Been busy all week with those 2 kits, wiring up some lights, re-building the panel, etc. So no train driving since last weekend. Might have done some on Monday - not sure.
E.

Back