Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIX

Good morning. It's 53 and dark, with a chance of it becoming light later in the morning.

Good morning everyone. Spit snow all night but not much accumulation, only about two inches on the grass and vehicles, the roads were clear.

BigE - I go along with Toot and Terry. If you wanted to paint a couple of locomotives or switchers, you could shorten it to PC&E and custom lettering would be easy.

Good Morning, we have 27 with a dusting of snow on the ground. Back into the 50's by the middle of the week. Just a minute, I gotta get my cup of coffee...

Good Morning - Happy Dyngus Day - "Na Zdrowie" !

53° and sunny this morning, headed for near 70° [finally]. :cool:

I realized just how much I have to do around the house,and my "it's too cold" excuse doesn't fly in 70° temperatures. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great day.

Greetings gentlemen....

Illinois Central Panama Limited.jpg

Good Morning - Happy Dyngus Day - "Na Zdrowie" !

Hope everyone has a great day.

Ah! Dyngus Day! I haven't heard that term in many years. Back when My family and I were living in Waverly, NY our next door neighbor who was Polish (His wife was Slovak) used to celebrate Dyngus Day... Always put on a fantastic feast! Lots of fun.... I think Buffalo, NY has one of the worlds largest celebrations of that every year.

Evening All,

I just realized I had not posted today. I continued to work on the layout project today. Nothing else to report.

BigE- I like PC&E also.

Garry- Told your joke to MOH and all I got was a straight face. LOL.

20150406_141835_zpstwgjvx8t.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good evening. 60*F and partly cloudy here in central MD.

Now that Lent is over, I decided to stop at my local supermarket and pick up some of my favorite junk foods. But, of all the ones that were on sale 25-30% off during the past few weeks, today not a single one was less than MSRP!:mad: Should have stockpiled them earlier...

Good evening. 60*F and partly cloudy here in central MD.

Now that Lent is over, I decided to stop at my local supermarket and pick up some of my favorite junk foods. But, of all the ones that were on sale 25-30% off during the past few weeks, today not a single one was less than MSRP!:mad: Should have stockpiled them earlier...

That's called "knowing your market" or "Targeted marketing".

Good morning class....
Don't tell me that I'm the only one, that has a wee soft spot for the Camelback.... :confused:;):D
Have a nice day everyone!

RDG%20232_zps1upztcqy.jpg

Good morning. It's cloudy and 59.
I got the Kato locomotives yesterday, they all run well, and the two MRC C420s also run well. I'm having some issues with the decoders I purchased for them, but that is not their fault.

Morning all. 22 degrees with thick fog.

I sure wouldn't want to be a fireman on a camelback. No way!

There the North Coast limited, westbound, near the summit of Bozeman Pass.

Bozeman Pass.jpg

I wouldn't want to be an engineer on a camelback. If something in the valve motion came unwound at speed, it woukd be a quick, painful, messy death.

Good Morning All, we have 28, cloudy, and windy. I ran the little dockside loco around the track a few times and that thing really hugs the track, not one derail and it had no problem with the grades! I spent $10 on it and, by far, the best value of anything I have purchased!

Before:

dockside.JPG

LocoA.jpg

After:

dockside loco 001.jpg

Good Morning. It's 58°, and overcast, with rain showers. Going to 64, which is a letdown after yesterday's beautiful, sunny, 73° weather.

L&S: Nice job with the dockside.

Chet: I wouldn't want to be the fireman on any hand fired steam locomotive.

Years back while riding in the cab of a steamer the train crew wanted to know if I though I could fire the engine. I gave it a try and lasted maybe 5 minutes. Not an easy job.

Back