MTH HO Scale SD70ace & SD70M-2 Release Date?

The review he posted seems like he sure does like MTH, wonder how he feels about some of the shadier business practices...

In any case, the photos, it looks good, above the frame, though the frame down, *ugh*...

I think ill be waiting til Athearn comes out with them along with many of the other guys who have said it above. I was going to get a CSX one from my buddy, but reading this and seeing the DCC information and how complicated it sounds, i would rather just avoid it and pick up a simple Athearn one. I think they will be doing the DCC/SOUND ones as well. i'll wait for them. They wont have auto-matic couplers, but all well LOL

This guy who made the video is kissing up to MTH. I don't like how the model looks, sounds, or how it has limited compatibility with DCC.

The sound on that engine sounds like a GP22ECO.

I will definitely wait for Athearn to come out with their model.

Probably was recorded from a GP22ECO. LOL MTH's sound guy doesn't know his head from his rear end about prototypical sounds as-per locomotive. Had I done the sound, I'd have actually recorded it from an ACe, had a feature in it so ever 2 minutes it'll go from High Idle to low idle, have the right electronic bell as-per prototype and actual K5LLA horn.

Seemto me MTH is aiming for folks who want gimmicks and like the three rail stuff but don't have the room. Toy like features (OOOHHH it talks!) :rolleyes:

The GS-4 and psuedo GS-6 have the whistle from a N&W steamer.

And if you're a DCC user, you're considered a "fringe hobbyist" or small minority. How's that for arrogance? He even gets all the credit for solving the whole lawsuit thing with the UP, and that ain't how it went down!

Yep, you'll get a model, yep, it'll have sound, nope it won't be prototypical:eek: If you want accuracy, (and for that kind of price it had better be accurate!) you may have to shop elsewhere, though I'm sure some will like it. IMHO: Toy Trains, not models!

OK I have my flame retardent long johns on!

Probably was recorded from a GP22ECO. LOL MTH's sound guy doesn't know his head from his rear end about prototypical sounds as-per locomotive. Had I done the sound, I'd have actually recorded it from an ACe, had a feature in it so ever 2 minutes it'll go from High Idle to low idle, have the right electronic bell as-per prototype and actual K5LLA horn.

Actually, if you look up the videos for the GP22ECO on youtube, it sounds IDENTICAL.

I note that MTH is now officially MTH-RailKing and has now expanded into O scale rolling stock, structures, and scenery. The latest Walthers flyer has several of their built-up structures. One is a gas station that looks like a scaled up version of the HO Woodland Scenics gas station. Another is called the Keystone Bakery, which is a thinly disguised version of the HO Belvedere Hotel mady by Life-Like/Walthers. The third is what appears to be an attempt to make a copy of the old Lionel Hell Gate bridge, compete the flashing warning light. I have no idea if these are being made under license or, if usual, MTH is simply stealing designs and scaling them up for O scale. I really don't care about the details of what HO equipment they are releasing. It looks to me like they are continuing their predatory business practices and I refuse to support the company with my money.

Well I was able to run a brand new SD70ACE from MTH. I was really shock as to how well this locomotive sounded and how well it ran. Yes the price is high but the detail and the overall performance was awesome. Athearn is really going to have to setup it up when it comes to making there version of the SD70ACE:D.

Rut Roh MRLSD70Ace
First post praising an MTH. Stand by for the "your an MTH plant" responses. :D. You aren't are you?:rolleyes:

Rut Roh MRLSD70Ace
First post praising an MTH. Stand by for the "your an MTH plant" responses. :D. You aren't are you?:rolleyes:

What?

I Work Retail store (Hobby shop) I have tons of customers that have put time and patient into wait for the new SD70ACE from T55 which now that company is no longer and sold all writes to Horizon hobby Which bout out ATHEARN. ATHEARN will not release any new info on there SD70ace until next year. I wasn't sure if MTH was going to come through on the locomotive because they aren't really big into HO. So far with the weight detail and sound this is buy far the best SD70ace in Ho on the market unless you go brass.

MY 2 CENTS:p

The sound IMO, still doesn't come near the quality of Soundtraxx. MTH's doesn't sound like any ACe I've hostled.

What do you think of QSI sound It sounds pretty good But Soundtraxx to me would be one step down from QSI as for the MTH I think it is up there with the sound quailty. Overall they sound good for most part!

I was in a LHS in Delaware today who does alot of MTH business.
He's frustrated because he has a ton of reserved SD70 units and still has not received a single one. He says other hobby shops that have received them have only received a max of 20 percent of their order.
The biggest problem is that MTH isn't communicating what the problem is.

Yes that is true, when I called to see where they where they were in transit MTH is very slow on shipping them out. As for the percent of locomotives they are only shipping out like 4 at a time so he will have to be patient with the company. Time will tell if this company can keep up with the HO demand!

This guy who made the video is kissing up to MTH. I don't like how the model looks, sounds, or how it has limited compatibility with DCC.

The sound on that engine sounds like a GP22ECO.

I will definitely wait for Athearn to come out with their model.

MTH recorded the SD70Ace sounds in Sparks yard Nevada. I was there when they did the recordings. The crew talk mixes some stuff from the radio in Sparks and MTH chatter. It sounds like the same sound chip in their O scale SD70Ace units, those 3 railers love crew talk for some reason.

Greg

Back