Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all

Larry sorry to hear your sad news, it's always good to go peacefully. My friends mother died over Christmas, she went to get her hair done and came home, sat down with a hot cuppa for five mins and just went to sleep, so peacefully. Shw was smiling when Malc found her, bless.

drinking anti Freeze,,,Chris My mother threw some home made wine away and put red antifreeze in the bottles and used the anti freeze can to go buy some parafin fuel for the heater. Dad came along thinking it had matured nice and proceded to gulp it down,,, till the taste hit him. He ended up in hospital being pumped out, followed by two pints of castor oil to "Flush him out" which worked quite well ha ha. SO DON'T DRINK ANTI FREEZE

Afternoon

Finished off a bunch of paperwork from work---now be just sittin' here restin' with some coffee;)

Gonna get some more trestle bents done up then we'll start putting the pieces together---:D:D

See ya inna bit--:):)

Afternoon coffee crew, hope every one is doing well. I'm still waiting to hear from the body shop if my truck is finished yet. Driving my jeep is getting really old, fast.

Afternoon all

SO DON'T DRINK ANTI FREEZE

Kill Joy!;) what now your turning into the O-Man, First trying to limit my salt in-take and now Anti-Freeze!:eek: Next you'll know they will tell me I can't play in traffic any more! Man the Suck-O-Meter is off the charts!

Kill Joy!;) what now your turning into the O-Man, First trying to limit my salt in-take and now Anti-Freeze!:eek: Next you'll know they will tell me I can't play in traffic any more! Man the Suck-O-Meter is off the charts!

But Chris think of all the trouble you'll get into with Officer Bob? How're you going to explain to the friendly fellow why you should play with the traffic then?:eek::D:D

Afternoon, everyone.

Glad to see the new digs. It's still fairly clean since Chris hasn't had one of his soapbox tantrums...yet. :)

Larry, my sympathy to you and the family. As Ken said, another member of the Greatest Generation now gone to his final reward. I'm glad it was peaceful and he just went to his eternal sleep. I'm sure he was thinking of your mom and all the rest of you in his final moments. Jean was always a great tour guide, so I'm sure her job in Heaven is showing the new arrivals around. He'll have lots of friends there.

Karl, my sympathy to you also. Having the viewing and funeral done is both a great relief and the beginning of a new era in your life. He sounds like he was a great dad, a lot like mine. I'm always looking forward to seeing my family and friends again. I can't imagine what a wonderful place it will be. I'm glad to see you haven;t lost your sense do humor. That Tiger Woods DVD warning gave me a great laugh, and I can use a few of those.

Tom, sounds like the usual problems in volunteer organizations. There's always someone who doesn't want to play by the rules. That's neat the your dad was a volunteer firefighter too. That Vauclain name seems appropriate for the Baldwin Locomotive Works. I'm glad to see they've preserved the old steam powered engine.

Chris, it's always sad to hear of another peace officer shot in the line of duty. A guy like that was always my biggest fear. They are going to commit suicide by cop and don't care how many other people they take with them. It's hard to believe how many truly dangerous, crazy people there are out here.

Jeffrey, I'm glad you've got working brakes again, even if your pocketbook is a little lighter. It would be nice if the fire department would kick in a little money, since you use the vehicle as part of the job, but that will never happen. I kind of miss my air horn though - it was always fun to see people jump out of their shirt when you hit it. :D

Phillip, I'll be praying that things go well with the bariatric surgery. For some people, the risks of the surgery are worth it compared to the known risks of continuing to be morbidly obese. It won't be easy, but it may prolong her life.

Corey, never be afraid to rip up something that's done when you know it will eat at you forever. If you got it right the first time, you'll get right the second time. I've found the dread of worrying about it is far worse than actually doing it.

Rex, it's 67 degrees here today!. I was actually warm in my jacket. What's going on? I was just starting to get used to ice in the driveway. :rolleyes: Still water dripping out of the clean out drain on the RV though. I have no idea where it could be coming from. BTW, I notice the Highway Patrol is starting to put reflective chevron striping on the rear bumpers now. About time. Those slick top units have some of least visible rear warning lights I've ever seen, especially in bright sunlight.

Mikey, I think "Blazing Mowers" has legs, so to speak. Chris would make the perfect lead, especially if we get those big teeth the truckers have on their radiators and put them on the front of the mower. Maybe have Karl and Drew as part of the gang, so we can have some mower diversity. I can see Chris
scaring the engineer to death with those giant hedge clippers. :eek:

Matt, a black fire truck? Now that is weird. Wonder why they settled on that for a color? Black and white police cars are almost as bad in terms of visibility. There's a good article at http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/...ire_trucks_be_hint_on_fire_trucks_not_red.htm that confirms lime green is still the best color for any emergency vehicle but departments have fought this for as long as I've been around.

Well, I know I've missed a lot of other posts so I'll just say I hope things are going as well as can be expected for everyone. Being a househusband like Chris, it seems like I've been spending most of my time doing things other than what I like to do, from car repair to faucet replacements. I did, however, make really nice find at Hobby Lobby for stringing telegraph wires. It's a stretchy string that beaders use. It comes in .05 mm size, almost exactly correct for HO wires. It's easy to put up and you can hit it and stretch it out two feet without affecting the wire or the poles. Although it's clear, it looks almost exactly like silver telegraph or telephone wire when it's on the poles. The best thing is it's $1.99 for 82 feet. I'll be putting up some pictures this weekend, when I get some more wire up.

But Chris think of all the trouble you'll get into with Officer Bob? How're you going to explain to the friendly fellow why you should play with the traffic then?:eek::D:D

Easy all I got to say is, "Look at me! It's only natural that some one as ugly as I should play in traffic..........Do I look normal to you?" If he doesn't shoot me he'll nail my foot to the yellow line on the road!:D

Jim- yes sir, i know they have at least 3 of 'em. Heres a link to last years my schools pre-prom drill that i was lucky enough to find on youtube. The first company to respond is Kingsbury, the second is Hudson Falls (look for the HF green and the tiger mascot on the body of the truck) followed for Fort Edward EMS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvkf_s9yyb4 Ill post a few pics of the them as well.

Steve- Any sightings of black fire trucks in europe lol

Meet tommorow morning, 300m and 600m, both varsity events, im really nervous again but i expect to do very well in the 600m if i pace myself this time.

Chris.......RUN! Run fast, run far........and don't run this way! (They're circling my house too!)

OH!! So that's what those dang black helicopters look like!:eek::eek:

Chris you may want to avoid the dang things up here:eek: You must've REALLY done something!:eek::p:p
-------------------------------------------
Good Morning:):)

We be seeing a mix of sun/cloud with the high of 2C. Tonight's low will be -5C---so we be starting a freeze thaw cycle here---:eek::cool:

Got those weekend seminars going this weekend---see whether we get them off on the right foot this time---:eek:;);)

Not much MRR'ing going to be done this weekend---by the time i get home I'll be doing a few hd items and seeing what is up here then off to bed!:eek::confused::cool::cool:

SO----have a good day people!:):):D

Morning everyone.

no train stuff for me today. Going to get my Jeep into the shop and start working on adding some more armor. hopefully It wont take all day but this is my Jeep and she likes to fight when I try to put new parts on. Matt good luck in your races today.

Good morning everyone.

I managed to lay most of my city area track yesterday. It's much less elaborate than I had originally planned, but I'm okay with that. There's a couple of different tracks that I can spot a car here and there and some for storage. After using a box of Peco flex track I ran out just three pieces shy, damn.:) Now I have to order and ship five pieces of track. Oh well, at least I wasn't off my half.

I have another wedding show to do today. The only good thing about them is talking to hot brides and bridesmaids. Well, that and the potential customers for the store!:) Not that I'm looking for a new model, it's just nice to be around pleasant scenery!:D

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning. It's 45 and cloudy. The high today will be 50 and there's talk of a 60% chance of rain in the morning and early afternoon.

Last night I got the Con-Cor Conrail flat as complete as I can get it at this time. It now sports an L&A truck trailer. The only other junk box rescue project at hand is a Bachmann GP40. Right now it's just a shell. I'm going to see if I can patch together a working chassis beneath it. Seems a little ambitious but there it is. Another thing. It's has UP paint on it. You know what that means. Out comes the patching paint! Nothing spectacular going on today. The Home Health nurse will be coming out later to change the dressing for the wound vac which is doing an awesome job. The healing is progressing faster than even the doc thought it would. I'm looking forward to the day that I can work on the layout without having to lug this equipment around, and believe me, it does get in the way. I still have to add some details to 'The Cup 'o' Joe' trackside diner. I already have a place picked out for it.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/DSCN2309.jpg

Good morning Flo & gang

Just procrastinating on dismantling the Christmas tree, a job that has been left undone because of the recent chaos. I haven't posted much here lately because, frankly, the Winter Doldrums have settled upon me with a vengance. No addional work has been done on my trainroom remodling project since Vicky sustained her injury; Partly because she needs me to do many of the things she normally does, but also because money has dried up due to her being unable to work [she doesn't have sick-leave benefits]. This reality was driven home to me yesterday when I almost bought some 1970s-era Accurail auto rack cars online. A bonus check that I had been counting on for "play" money, was so much smaller than I expected because they took out more than half of it in taxes!:mad: So now it just barely covers some of Vicky's lost income to pay our bills and the kids' school tuitions. Sure is hard to feel much enthusiasm for MRR when I can't afford to buy the things I need for it.

Jim - believe me, I know exactly what being a househusband feels like after these past two weeks! I look forward to seeing how that telegraph cable turns out. My biggest challenge has been trying to find a way to simulate the thick, twisted phone cables that are suspended at a height halfway up the pole, that have a visible sag between the poles.

Corey - wow, I sure hope your wife doesn't visit this forum..! :eek::p Isn't it always the case, you have just a teensy bit less than what you need to complete a project.

Steve - interesting about your friend's wife, something similar happened recently with one of my wife's friends that she only saw maybe once or twice a year. This woman was 46 years old and died in her sleep! Aside from smoking and being overweight, she didn't have any other risk factors. Quite a shame, she was truly a kind-hearted person. :(

Matt - I never knew there was such a thing as a black fire truck, I suppose one of these days I'll even see one painted in camouflage colors..!

Jeff - I hope that wound continues to heal rapidly so you can put this whole ugly episode behind you!

Chris - I have a neighbor across the street whose gov't agency drives those black vans, I'll ask him if he remembers going to to your place.:D

I know I missed many of you, trust me its not intentional. Sorry about the opening rant. Hope you all have a good'un.

OH!! So that's what those dang black helicopters look like!:eek::eek:

Chris you may want to avoid the dang things up here:eek: You must've REALLY done something!:eek::p:p
-------------------------------------------

Well.......Their Black.......Ahhhhhhhh and oh yes they can fly.............and did I mention that they are....................Black? Who knew DMSF's thing was only for the government house and senate to do! and who knew coping them was a federal offence!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

thats all that I got for now! got to go hided!

Well the funeral for my FIL went well yesterday. The 21 gun salute kind of made my daughters jump a little. They had never been to a Military Service before and then when TAPS was played it got to me a more than a little. My MIL was waiting for him with open arms at the pearly gates. Everyone seems to be doing fine and Glendia and the girls went over to his house after we had finished supper and started sorting some of the accumulation of stuff. We have already thrown away expired foods stuffs that dated as far back as 1997. He never threw anything away and it will probably take us 6 months to sort thur and get the house ready for sale. Some items we have to rid of; 50 pairs of jeans, 50 knit shirts, 15 pairs of cowboy boots, a(15 X15 X 18) box of brand never worn underwear 7 leather coats, 18 tubes of anti itch ointment, 8 tubes of toothpaste and this is just scratching the surface of what has to be dealt with. Oh boy is we gonna be busy. plus we inherited two ankle biting over grown rats long haired chiwhawahs (SP). Well we are off to get a fence put up int he back yard to keep the dogs form running away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back