Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
Well we have moved again. The old place was doing OK and Chris never thru the %$#& stuff this time so I want to thank him for really behaving and to keep up the good behavior.

Got some news from the shop. The power steering line on my car has been fixed. Now for the bad news. The brake booster is leaking and the master cylinder has failed. Don't know what the price is gonna be yet but it's gonna be high. I'll be checking some places in the morning for estimates.

jeff, car issues are always fun, my truck is in the shop getting body work done on it after i hit a semi in bumper to bumper traffic so i get yo drive my no heat jeep Cherokee to work the next few days and its only going to be 21* tomorrow morning, fun.

Well we have moved again. The old place was doing OK and Chris never thru the %$#& stuff this time so I want to thank him for really behaving and to keep up the good behavior.

Larry,
Sounds to me like you miss and have a need for a good old fashion DMSF "Government Style!" Now that would be MESSY BIG TIME!:D:D As soon as I can Float an Idea we'll get started!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Matt,
you had better pick up a book on florida! we are like California when it comes to Agg. stuff! Lot of your veggies on your table may have come from south florida and just about everyones Grandparents live down here 6 months out of the year! Our top industriesa are Agg, Medical, Retirement Communities, and Funneral Homes!

Flo, I'll have 20 oz. steak and Eggs special, large coffee, and Florida OJ.......And put it on IronGraves Tab!:D;) New guy pays for a month!!!

Mornin' all!

It's finally starting to warm up around here today. We hit our highest temp of the year so far yesterday........27 degrees! WooHoo! (I know.....big deal!) Well, it's a whopping 27 degrees now, but it's supposed to hold steady all day. Looks like we might see 40 later this week though.

Didn't get a thing done on the layout yesterday, and this evening doesn't look good either. I have band practice. Oh well, maybe later.

So, the wife is going in for surgery again. This time it's not for her muscular dystrophy. Nope.......she's having gastric bypass surgery. We've been in the program for a little over a year, and next Tuesday is the day. She's tried every diet out there and she can't lose weight. It's a real problem with her MD, so she's taking the plunge. And yeah, we've heard all the horror stories. We've also met all the successes. Shoot, two of her family members have already done it a couple of years ago. Myself, I'm cautiously optimistic. I just wish it was reversable, ya know? I case there's problems or something. But it's what she wants. If you want to follow along, search YouTube for WinndysWorld and you should find her video blog.

Oh well, time to go and make the donuts!

Mornin' all!

It's finally starting to warm up around here today. We hit our highest temp of the year so far yesterday........27 degrees! WooHoo! (I know.....big deal!) Well, it's a whopping 27 degrees now, but it's supposed to hold steady all day. Looks like we might see 40 later this week though.

Didn't get a thing done on the layout yesterday, and this evening doesn't look good either. I have band practice. Oh well, maybe later.

So, the wife is going in for surgery again. This time it's not for her muscular dystrophy. Nope.......she's having gastric bypass surgery. We've been in the program for a little over a year, and next Tuesday is the day. She's tried every diet out there and she can't lose weight. It's a real problem with her MD, so she's taking the plunge. And yeah, we've heard all the horror stories. We've also met all the successes. Shoot, two of her family members have already done it a couple of years ago. Myself, I'm cautiously optimistic. I just wish it was reversable, ya know? I case there's problems or something. But it's what she wants. If you want to follow along, search YouTube for WinndysWorld and you should find her video blog.

Oh well, time to go and make the donuts!

Phillip, due to my wifes Crohns and her real bad ulcers they basicly had to give her a by pass too. It has very special challanges and it isn't going to be easy at first and shes going to really have to follow the DR's orders to the letter!
The hardest part is changing the way she eats. Heavy on Protin and iron......great thing is she will be a cheap dinner date though!:) My wife eats from the kids meals or off my plate with plenty left over of me!LOL's Have your wife talk to my wife Janette for some great tips and where the support groups are. Stock up on Akins protin shakes and plenty of vitamin's. My wife has a couple of places she orders some of her stuff cheap from. I'll PM you my E-mail if you want....Phillip, get rid of anything with sugar and high carbs. Sugar is what I call the, "puke powder!" It will send her screaming! and Soda pop will dang near kill her so be uber carful what she eats for the first 4 months, I mean it! I had to remind my wife constantly.......OBTW For get the doNot's!:D;)

Glenn Engledow (Glendia's Dad) passed away this morning at 6:03AM. He went peacefully shortly after they had given him his morning Meds. The nurse gave him his meds and went and did two more morning meds stops. Upon her return to his room he was gone. I want to thank each and every one of you for your best wishes and prayers these past few weeks as they have been very tiring and trying. He is now in a better place and all of his suffering has stopped. He is back with his wife of 59 years who passed this past August.

Good morning folks

It was a balmy 26 F as I headed out onto the crazy highways this morning. We had a dusting of snow overnight and that has caused the usual carnage on the roadways this morning. High will be 34 F. Yes, it will actually be above freezing!

Las night was Boy Scout Troop meeting for my son and flute lesson for my daughter. Not much else happened. At the Boy Scout meeting we got our patches for attending Winter Survival. Nine more and I get the Horse’s A** award. It is a trophy with the back end of horse that is given to anyone, scout, parent, scout leader, who attends 10 Winter Survivals in a row. It is one of the most coveted awards in the District.

Today my son will be receiving the first trains he has ever mail (Internet) ordered and paid for by himself. He ordered some Athearn passenger cars. I remember how it excited I was the first time I ordered something. Back then you got a money order and set the order by mail. Now with the Internet he had to give me the money so I could use my credit card. He got the idea from a friend of his who has been ordering trains with his parents’ help.

Tonight my daughter has volleyball practice.

Maybe I might finish weathering wheels.

Larry you and your family have our deepest sympathies and prayers.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Dag nabit! Y'all went and moved again and didn't tell everybody!

You are just like my parents when I was 12, they moved one day and didn't tell me. If I didn't follow my brother to the new home from school, it would have taken me weeks to find them!:rolleyes: Sure didn't take Chris long to find the new coffee shop, either.

Larry- please accept my deepest sympathies. You are a vital member of this forum and you have our full support in this difficult time.

Good morning folks.

Heck, I thought the coffee shop had closed down. Knowing how the economy is, it wouldn't surprise me. People can't even afford pretend coffee!

Larry, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. At least he passed peacefully.

I have the day off today. I'm thinking of laying the rest of my track behind my front street buildings. It's kind of an industrial spur/storage track area. I just have to decide if I feel like dealing with the possible aggravation. Lots of turnouts, short pieces and soldering. Hmm, we'll see how I feel after a pot of coffee!

Knowing this is my only day off this week I may sit around and do nothing, we'll see. Have a good day everyone.

I found you people---so there--HAAARRUUUUUMMPH!!:p:D:D

Larry Our condolences to you and yours. He is in a better place.

Chris Sheeesh! And I get accused of being a chowhound!!:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:D

The weather out here is at least sunny---and getting a bit milder today---we may actually get to -3C for a high:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm starting back on the trestle building---eventually I'll be able to put the dang thing together and up on the valley where it belongs:eek::D:D

Have a good'un---:D:D:D

I checked with some places this morning that do the kind of mechanical work I need done. So many places these days 'specialize' which translates to ridiculous prices. The two lowest (least ridiculous) were for $680 and $470. Naturally I'm going with the lower one. They say they'll be able to get to it Thursday. Also went to see the foot doc this morning. The wound is down to 5 mm in depth, the swelling is gone and there;s no heat. All indications that the antibiotics are doing their job. Until my car is back on the road I'm having to use my father's old F150. It doesn't have the equipment that my car has so it's a bit more difficult to drive but I'll manage. I'm very tired today so I don't see much else getting done.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/PC100265.jpg

Good Morning All,

Larry you and Glenda also have my sympathy for Glenn's passing, it isn't easy loosing a loved one but it will allow him peace now that he is in Gods' hands.

It's cool this morning at 55*, fairly windy at about 40 mph with High Clouds and a light rain. It's supposed to rain more from what the weather report said.

A good day to work on the layout and get more mainline sub roadbed put up as well as extend the layout a bit more.

Take care and enjoy as time passes all to quiickly.

Danged Flo! You need to offer roadmaps before moving. BTW: Why do we move this thing so often? Does it make any difference in download time since you only load one page at a time...or am I mistaken?:confused:

Now that I have got my toothers cleaned and my hair trimmed, it is time to paint some rock facings and lay some more ballast.

Larry: I am very sorry for your family's loss. Seems that the forum has had a rough start in this new year.

Philip: Yeah, same day old coffee made with last week's filter...but boy, does it ever straighten out your hair and put lead in your pencil.:D

Jim: never thought much about the emergency lights going when a cop has a vehicle pulled over until you mentioned it. It is hard to keep from looking (staring) at it when you pass, almost mesmerizing you. No wonder my nephew's patrol car has been butt-ended so many times:eek:. Also, you are right: cool before practical. I've seen a lot of European vehicles or products that were ugly as sin, but they had a more practical and ergonomic design. Here, it has to be "pretty" first.

You guys talking about fire equipment: I never will forget seeing fire trucks in Bangkok in late 60's. There was actually a man on the running board turning a handle for the siren. I once saw a fire and their hoses looked like those lawn watering hoses with all the holes. Reminded me of the Keystone Cops in a Fireman's version. :D

Larry, my prayers and condolences from our house to yours. I lost my Mom in 1998, the day after my b-day. Dad died 18 months later to the day. Angela lost her dad coming on 2 years ago. Never easy.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back