Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks.

Terry, you're not having a very good week are you.:( I hope things go a little better for you.

It's sunny and beautiful outside. I have the day off with nothing to do but go to the dentist. I'm thinking I'll add the window shades to my passenger trains today.

Have a great day everyone.

Glad your going to be with us a while longer Jeffrey. :)
By the way, what are we looking at here?
I've mentioned many times that I live in a small trailer. That's it. A sixty-two year old 8 x 25 Nashua travel trailer. I picked it up eighteen years ago for $500 and put $300 into rebuilding it. Hurricane Rita wrecked the roof in 2005. I got money from FEMA to repair it and built an over-roof on top of it. I have a Nu-Comp miniatures model on my layout that's eerily similar to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good to have a sturdy roof and no one living above you. After having worked to qualify for fifteen years, I bought a one bedroom employee condominium with a five minute walk to the most elite ski lifts in USA......but I had to sell it and move out after a short time because the female above me played CD's of just drums and stomped around up there like she wanted me gone......it worked. Not the police, nor the manager, nor the homeowners association would listen or help me. I was gaslighted.

But I'm over it now and life is getting better. I aced my algebra final last night and got an A for the course. Yahoo!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's 82° and partly cloudy. The high will be 95° and there's a 20% chance of rain.

Looking at the weather forecast this morning makes me think I'll wnat to mow my parents yard today. Seems every day for the next seven or eight days shows 20 to 40% chances of rain. No plans for layout work today.

P1011094.jpg

I've mentioned many times that I live in a small trailer. That's it. A sixty-two year old 8 x 25 Nashua travel trailer.

So, let me get this straight, you've managed to cram all that railroading magic we see from time to time, plus internet, living quarters into a small trailer? :confused: Lord knows what you'd do with a full size house. :p
Probably make John Allen look like a novice. :) How about another picture of the trailer on your layout?

So, let me get this straight, you've managed to cram all that railroading magic we see from time to time, plus internet, living quarters into a small trailer? :confused: Lord knows what you'd do with a full size house. :p
Probably make John Allen look like a novice. :) How about another picture of the trailer on your layout?
It isn't the amount of space, it's what you do with it.

P1010107.jpg

Got the parents yard mowed today and had another tractor breakdown. Nothing major, just a tie rod end. Yeah, I know, wait a minute! You replaced that LAST year! Last year I broke the RIGHT side tie rod end. Today I broke the LEFT side tie rod end. Naturally it happened at the top of the yard just like the other one so it was a slow trip back to the machine shop halfway down the yard. That doesn't sound far but then you realize how big five acres is. I only had to go two and a half. Got the big tractor parked in it's space and got out the little MTD Yardman to finish the small area outside the fence, a whole twenty minutes of work. Went to the repair shop afterward and got a new tie rod end and laid it on the hood of the big tractor. I'll put it on when I feel up to it. Afterward I came home and ate a couple of bologna and cheese sandwiches. Shortly I'll put on the latest Mythbusters show and lay back and fall apart.

It's 93 here now. Glad I got the parents yard mowed early. Being on the tractor behind that hot engine wouldn't be pleasant. Decided I had to get it done today as the extended forecast shows rain for nearly every day through to next Tuesday. Now that the job is done it'll probably change to blazing sunshine every day.

DSCN2401.jpg

It's good to have a sturdy roof and no one living above you. After having worked to qualify for fifteen years, I bought a one bedroom employee condominium with a five minute walk to the most elite ski lifts in USA......but I had to sell it and move out after a short time because the female above me played CD's of just drums and stomped around up there like she wanted me gone......it worked. Not the police, nor the manager, nor the homeowners association would listen or help me. I was gaslighted.

But I'm over it now and life is getting better. I aced my algebra final last night and got an A for the course. Yahoo!

Mike
have delt with that same situation , funny thing is you would figure it would be guy being loud with music, but my situation was also with a female & music :mad:

Hey guys,

Terry- sorry to hear about the rough patch, here's to things getting smoother.

Mike- congrats on the algebra. My finals start next week and I'm horribly unprepared for them.

Well the only thing going on here is nursing a broken finger. Playing football I break fingers a few times a season but this ones different. The knuckles on the finger are nearly black and the whole middle segment looks like it's twisted and popped out on an angle. Howd I do this? Lifting. I was doing a workout that bench pressed with dumbbells. After finishing my set I lowered my arms and let them swing down to drop on the floor. That's when the 60lb dumbbell in my hand collided with the 25lb dumbbell hidden below the bench. My middle and ring fingers were slammed between the handle of the 60 and the bell of the 25. For now I'm just taping them, but if things don't get better ill head to the doctors and get it checked out.

Have a good night gents

Thanks everyone for the attention today. Might take the next higher math class with the same instructor and several same classmates for summer quarter. We all work pretty well together.

Mike

Good Evening...

Had a wonderful day of rain and silliness with Spring here...Springing all over the place...chased him around...then actually tried to run some trains...

Going to head for sleep...now, g'nite....:)

Don't mind me folks, just dusting off the tables and wiping down the display case.
Hope everyone gets a few winks of shut eye and some well deserved rest. :p

Good Morning all;
Good afternoon all from yesterday,

The weather here is very comfortable & about 70* with some cumulus clouds form to the North and East I'm sure and about 3 mph breeze.

That was yesterday's attempted post.
It's now 12:35 Am.

What does W U say? Here's the skinny!
Was Partly Cloudy
Temperature was 71.4 °F Feels Like 76 °F
Wind(mph) 3.1
Sunrise / Set 5:38 AM / 8:16 PM
Moon Waning Gibbous
Tonight Clear 48 °F

Tomorrow Clear 82 °F
> >

Had plans to get out and work on building some turnouts but just never made it out into the garage but did get lots of other MRR info answered as well as checking into other things for myself and customers.

I'm having a bit of a problem getting a formula to function correctly in my spread sheet to automatically calculate the new price as more product is added. It works great for 1 but when the quantity is increased to 2 it calculates crazy!

Hope you had a good night and have a good morning!

Good Morning..

Going to have our 30% chance of showers with the risk of those ol' t'underin'boomers again today...we got a drenching yesterday...again...

Today is my second visit to the hospital for the cancer treatments...I seem to be not having too many issues with it this time.......:rolleyes:

Cancer can go BEEEEP!!! itself...:mad::mad:

By blownoutcylinder:

Today is my second visit to the hospital for the cancer treatments...I seem to be not having too many issues with it this time.......:rolleyes:
I hope that continues to be the case!

Cancer can go BEEEEP!!! itself...:mad::mad:
Sounds like the right fighting spirit! Good luck, Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back