Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning...

We already went to a church sale and got some more plants and a few other things...and a couple of old rr books...:)

It is rather cool out there though..only 46F and feeling more like 42F because of the wind. Oh...and rainy...:rolleyes:

The rest of today will be spent doing an oddment of things..dang HD list :rolleyes: ...and I might even get a chance to run some trains.....:cool:

As I said yesterday, I got my drivers license renewed. My new license photo:

Picture.jpg

Yeah, it's got about as much appeal as a road accident.

Hiya gang
Just stopping by, on the way to the local VFD carnival tonight. It was an absolutely glorious day outside today, Sunny, low humidity and about 72 degrees!:D
Did a little yard work, and finally got the extra brackets from an unused snowplow rig off the Deere. Took me quite a few attempts to get the right fittings from the local JD dealership. They said it was because the tractor is so old, maybe its true, but it is built better than any of that new crap they have!
Be back later!!
BTW, Jeffrey, considering the subject:rolleyes: that ain't a bad pic. I'd show ya mine, but your screen might bust!:eek::D

Time for me to call it a night. Received a package today from Ohio. I'm now the owner of three Caterpillar 315CL excavators and two Caterpillar D5M bulldozers. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011070.jpg

Good Morning

Having passing showers be falling on our'n heads this morning..supposed to start right back up in the afternoon as well..high..64F .... in the rain.:rolleyes:

I've been busy picking up books from the HOyahoo group sale this weekend....seems that some were right up my alley as well...heeheehee.:)......actually, yesterdays weather was strange..it started out, when we went to the church sale at 54F but somehow, in 1 hour we dropped to 44F and we had wind crop up...very weird cold air pocket...:eek:

Tomorrow I'll be heading out really early to start the sessions...yay:confused::eek:

Jeff: Our wonderful passport photo guys are telling us not to smile now when we get the photos taken..the last one I had done ended up with me looking like a serial killer who was on crack....:eek:

Everything that happened is as I reported it. I did leave some things out, like me walking into Stage smelling like a ruptured drum of anti-freeze and looking like I'd washed my hands in a dirty engine block. I was in search of my mother so I could get the rest of my groceries (non-perishables) out of her trunk.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN0994.jpg

Hi Jeffrey,
I guess that didn't come across as I meant it, as I wasn't doubting what you said actually did happen but rather the misfortune of all of it happening as it did! As the old saying goes, 'It never rains but when it does, It Pours!'
That was an exhausting experience for sure.

Good morning All! Sounds like a busy place here. :) Glad to see folks are doing well.
Gonna have to round me up a cup of coffee. Anyone see Flo?

Good morning all,
Looks like another all-nighter for me being that it now 5:30 and I need to get to bed for some sleep.

Helped my friend John get his track, permanently wired in earlier yesterday and he barbaqued so great big ribs which he smoked first. They sure were good and then we ran some trains to test things out as the weather has been quite Hot out here.

After I got back home at about 1:30 I checked the computer & email and the forum and decided I'd make a loaf of bread and post here.

Time to call it a night or maybe I should call it a morning.

I check back later, have a good morning.

Say Jeffery,
That's looks like a fairly decent shot of you, you seem to look younger than the shot of you on here.
I had my glasses on for the license photo as I wear them when I drive. They make quite a difference in my appearance. I didn't have them on for the avatar photo. I also lost quite a bit of weight. At one time I weighed 266. I'm now 20 pounds lighter. Anybody who finds those 20 pounds is welcome to keep them.

P1011087.jpg
;
P1011088.jpg

Good morning, well getting close to noon here. It's 82° and partly cloudy. The high will be 92° and it'll be mostly sunny.

With the construction equipment I got yesterday I now have four excavators and five bulldozers (three Cat). Anybody got an extreme home makeover to be done? I already have a flatcar with an excavator and dozer on it. Guess it's time to make up another one. No plans for today.

P1011089.jpg

Good Afternoon...

Everything be up and all sunny now..after dull dull dull and dribbly for most of the day;)

Had some friends pop over for a few and chatted with neighbour about newish road project that is being discussed..again:rolleyes:

I'm going to attempt getting some stuff done on the layout this evening..hopefully run some trains as well...:rolleyes:

Jeff- Thanks for the Fake ID ;) I agree that you look younger on the license than in the avatar picture. Whats the plan for those SDP40Fs?

Barry- Long time no post from me, just wanted to echo everyone else and wish you the best of luck.

Well, not to much going on here today. Im preparing for my last couple days of school before testing starts. I also mowed the lawn and washed my Jeep today. Of course less than 20 minutes after i finished washing it the black clouds and thunderboomers rolled in, effectively giving the car a second wash within the hour. :rolleyes:

Not much going on in the train world. I tracked down a pair of B40-8s, now just have to close the deal. I almost made probably the biggest bonehead move of my model railroading career too. I made a deal for a BNSF Atlas B40-8W with DCC and Sound, I run a DC layout and dont do sound, also BNSF is a railroad i dont model. Ive only seen one BNSF loco in my entire lifetime, so this will be a nice momento from that day. Regardless, im very excited to recieve that engine as it will be my first layout and they look like fantastic models.

Have a good one gents.

Jeff- Thanks for the Fake ID ;) I agree that you look younger on the license than in the avatar picture. Whats the plan for those SDP40Fs?
The decoders have been removed from them. The locos have been put into an Athearn box and put in the closet. They'll have to be rewired before they can run again. The decoders were hard wired in. The A unit has an all Athearn chassis. The B unit (identical to the A except for the number board #. A is 505A and B is 505B) has a modified Proto 2000 E6 chassis. And I'm not sure the shells are those of SDP40F's. They may be SP45's and Athearn decided they were 'close enough'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back