Coffee Shop XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's snowing here, but it is to warm for it to stay. It's about 34* right now.

I think I got knocked down by stomach flue #2. I think I'm going to run away and hide until flue season is over.

I've been working on my hand laid turnout, putting final touches on installing an Atlas switch machine underneath and a homemade switch stand. So far it all seems to be going well.

Today I am one step closer to getting a job. I had a pre-screen phone interview for a switch man/conductor position. Now it's wait and see what happens.

I am so grateful we aren't still getting snow. Never been so happy to see rain... and it is even a balmy 40 degrees to go with it!

Today I am one step closer to getting a job. I had a pre-screen phone interview for a switch man/conductor position. Now it's wait and see what happens.

Good luck Kyle!:) I hope ya get it.......!

The temps here dropped some, Morning temp. 58* Afternoon temp. 68*

I WANT SUMMER'S 90+* heat and 80% Humidity, I'm tired of this damn flu season too!

Glad to here things went well Chris.

Rex- Sorry to hear about your mom, sounds like it couldve been much worse though.

Mother Nature is being a b***h today. It was 46 when i woke up this morning, and sunny all day. Out back under the bigger trees, the snow melted leaving about 2 inches of ice, with about 4 inches of water on top. My kayak could float on it, but not with me in it. Right now, its a small blizzard. Calling for 8-14 inches of snow through noontime tommorow. Falling at about an inch per hour. I think well have school tommorow, a delay at the most, but i wouldnt mind another snowday. Tommorow my Jordan Spreader should arrive, with some fishing tackle. So, if i luck out with a snow day, ill have lots of stuff to keep me occupied.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Thanks,

Hate to rub it in but they Kayak year round down here! Winters the best, no Pesky gators following ya around! LOL's

Grrrrrr.. last nights monsoon ended with a light coating of SNOW early this morning!!!
Bad enough, but beneath the snow my car was wrapped in a cocoon of ice!!:mad: Damn car doors wouldn't open til I beat on em a bit!!
Back below freezing again tonight and tomorrow, thank goodness were in for a warming trend for the weekend! Should be 55 by Sunday!

Good evening folks.

I just got back from our buyers market and my head is spinning. You guys want to see price increases? Just wait until you go to buy clothing in the fall!:eek: Holy cow, we're either going to have to trade down in quality or sell our butts off to get someone to part with their money. Unfortunately, the quality is going down from some of our vendors while the price goes up. We have a few long time vendors that we're strongly considering giving the axe. We've been doing business with some of them since the 1950's. Oh well, everything is going up except our pay!:rolleyes::)

I have tomorrow off so I think I'll be in train heaven. The weather guessers are saying the snow that was suppose to hit us is going south instead. We're only suppose to get 3-6 inches.:rolleyes: I guess that's "missing us".

It's time to head home. Have a good night.

Hi All! Long time no...chat.

I read over the older posts. Lots going on around here! It was good getting caught up!

I took a little trip for a few days and absolutely left everything behind :D

My brother has won several trips with his company over the years. Sometimes I would fly to Dallas and watch his kids so that he and his wife could take the trips. This year his wife couldn't go, so he asked if I'd like to. Oh yeah. We went to Kauai for a week. Stayed at the Grand Hyatt Resort which was 52 acres of Eden.
It was such a beautiful place and a wonderful time. I highly recommend it as a fun getaway!

Glad to see y'all again :)

03/08/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.

THECOFFEESHOP.png
Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

:cool:

Good morning. It's clear and 33 this morning, with a high in the 50's. The packing continues for the move, I need to figure out how to let my wife know we have enough boxes. I have visions of carrying boxes filled with boxes...
Gotta run, everybody have a good day.

Good morning. It's 59° and cloudy. The high will be 72° and there's a 50% chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

I went with my father yesterday to see my mother at the hospital. He's been having to keep track of what room she's in as they're bouncing her all over the place. As to what her problems are they're still guessing. She's a little better physically but mentally the lights are flickering. One minute she would be talking with all of us (myself, my father, my older sister) as she normally would then the next we were all strangers to her. She just shifts back and forth like that. In fire dept business a new pump was ordered for the brush truck and construction of the new pumper truck continues steadily. We've been getting the existing pumper truck ready for transfer to our sub-station at Empire Point.

Good evening...
I have a lead on a guy to paint the brass 4-8-4 I was virtually given last weekend. He is supposed to be good, we'll see what he wants to charge for it. I've always been paranoid about brass, either it seems to short out on me, quit running with no parts to fix it, or pieces spontaneously fall off it. Hopefully he'll want to tackle painting it, then it will sit on a shelf and be run on special occasions, like the prototype (ATSF 3751).
It's supposed to rain pretty good here tomorrow, we need the rain as long as it's not a monsoon.

Good evening...
I have a lead on a guy to paint the brass 4-8-4 I was virtually given last weekend. He is supposed to be good, we'll see what he wants to charge for it. I've always been paranoid about brass, either it seems to short out on me, quit running with no parts to fix it, or pieces spontaneously fall off it. Hopefully he'll want to tackle painting it, then it will sit on a shelf and be run on special occasions, like the prototype (ATSF 3751).
It's supposed to rain pretty good here tomorrow, we need the rain as long as it's not a monsoon.

Say Terry, glad you found someone to do the painting. Lets hope he does a good job for you.

Brass can be a bit touchy at times. That the way the 2-8-2 Makado I have, it sure won't run on my layout with some of my curves being a little to tight it seems.

Looks like it's Finally Comming Together!

It appears that FHS Foothill Station Model RR Supplies & Trains is about to resume with a new distributor

After a little checking I should have a web site set up so that the various products I have available can be viewed and purchased. I'll provide a link where all the forum members can easy access the site.

I'll use one of the payment methods for secured transactions. So keep a lookout for my FHS supply site.

This distributor handles the majority of items and I'll see if I can't add others to add to their already fairly complete selection.

I'll also attempt maintain very competitive pricing and offer specials as they become available.

David Smith - FHS, Model RR Supplies & Trains

Keep a watch for my listing.

Say Terry, glad you found someone to do the painting. Lets hope he does a good job for you.

Brass can be a bit touchy at times. That the way the 2-8-2 Makado I have, it sure won't run on my layout with some of my curves being a little to tight it seems.
Yes, 22" seems to be the absolute minimum radius for it. And it's not happy about that. It seems to share that tendency with a Spectrum N&W J my wife owns. Yet the BLI J I own has no trouble. Go figure... The Spectrum and BLI cost about the same, and are probably built in the same factory by the same people...

Hi all! Our rain has finally moved on after 4" in the last 24 hours. We needed every drop, but it sure will screw up the fishing for awhile.

Something I meant to pass on to you: If you ever need cable, wire, adapters, (HDMI, Ethernet, HomeTheater, etc,) go to http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp I ordered and received a 15' HDMI with plugs, 24awg, shielded, for $15 and a flat 30' HDMI w/plugs, 24awg, shielded, for $25 (both of these with gold plated plug contacts). Their prices are unbeatable: about 1/2 to 1/3 of your local dealers including Wally World, Office Depot, Best Buy, etc.

Hope you have a good'un! :)

Rex- What fish do you target in Alabama at time of year? Its the beginning of crappies and smallie season up here, if you can get through the ice. Pickerel, yellow perch, and large mouth will be picking up soon too.

This afternoon my father asked me to look at the Peerless tractor to see what is needed to have it running this year. As you may or may not know we got it back in 92 or 93 so it's around eighteen years old now. The engine (two cylinder Briggs and Stratton) turns OK when turned by hand, same for the drive, the belts are all good, the wiring is all sound. Yet I couldn't get it to crank over even once, even with a 55A boost on the battery. I couldn't do it today because I was hurting too much (still feel like I fell off a roof now) but if I was to disconnect that old battery I could start that old tractor on the 55A boost alone (Heck, I could start my van on that!). Today even with the boost on it I couldn't get the battery charge up over seven volts and all I would get from the starter was a grunt. With no boost there was nothing but a click. Nobody was at home. That tells me the battery is dead. Indeed it's shorted out and is absorbing the bulk of the boost charge. Perhaps tomorrow I'll be able to disconnect the battery and see if the old beast will start on the boost charge alone. I'm betting it will. At this time my report to my father is: Parts needed: One Battery!

Good morning. It's 50° and sunny. The high will be 64° and again it will be sunny.

Went down to my parents place this morning and worked on the old Peerless tractor some more. Got the engine to turn over a whole three revolutions, so there's no bind there. The star suspect is still the battery. I cleaned the terminals and clamps but that made no difference. The charger is part of my problem at present. It's one of those 'smart' chargers that won't put out current unless it senses a battery. The charger is indicating that the battery is shorted out and is putting out sporadic power charges. The only way to really confirm that is to remove the battery and put in a good one and for that I'm going to need a good deal of help. Hauling batteries around is one of those things I can't do without causing harm to myself as I can't balance the weight. In simple terms, if I try to pick it up I'm going down flat on my face. So it's something that will have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back