Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

:(

ANYBODY HOME Sorry Flo didn't mean to scare ya. Where oh where is everybody at. Maybe we need to quit moving so's they can find us. Oh well I am here and that is what counts. A large combination pizza and an extra large diet soda and put it on Chris's tab cause he caught my barn on fire.

Just been cleaning out my closet. One trash can full and that just made a dent. Still lots of stuff to go through. So far I've found some track I didn't know I had and I also found a box full of landscaping supplies. Turf, clump foliage, ballast, etc. There's one large item down in the bottom of the closet that has to go and it's going to be fun getting it out the door. It's an old Gateway monitor that was made back before they found out how to make them lighter. The darn thing has to weigh near 100 pounds. The monitor next to it is staying. It's the old green screen for my Apple IIe. There's still the other half of the closet to sort through as well. Lots of old train stuff on that side, some of which will be getting pitched. Most of it is no good anymore and I've been packing it around for close to 30 years. It's time has come. I'll hang onto anything that can be salvaged.

Well larry......your combines tire is a little flat! Fence post tend to do that when run over right..heheheheheeee

Good evening everyone.

I've been at work all day so I haven't checked in. I see almost nobody else has either!:)

Had a light flurry this morning on the way to work. The wind finally did it's job and blew the clouds away this afternoon. Now it's just cold.

Jeffrey, I'm doing the same thing around my house lately. I think it's spring cleaning in the fall. Knowing the big freeze is coming soon makes me want to make the house as comfortable as possible. Being comfortable means being clean. There is something satisfying about reclaiming valuable storage for things I actually use or want to keep. I dropped a load of stuff off at the local thrift store this weekend. I even cleaned through some model railroad stuff that I just had to keep. Empty boxes from building kits, instructions from said kits, and other random crap. I'm trying to clean up under the layout so it doesn't look like such a rats nest. Of course, there are some things that I still have to keep for the future! You never know when you'll need that small scrap of styrene sign!:D

I guess I'll get back to work. This time of night isn't actually busy so I need to do busy work.

Have a good night friends.

Good evening everyone.

Had a light flurry this morning on the way to work. The wind finally did it's job and blew the clouds away this afternoon. Now it's just cold.

DQ has flurries? Mmmmmmmmm, DQ Flurries...drooool:p Cold what's that?;) The dog fennal is in bloom down here....which means, our first frost is 6 weeks away!

I know we're getting to the time of year that folks down south don't understand why we live here. To tell you the truth, we don't know either!:D

I think we live here for the basements! Yup, that's it. Of course, my layout is on the top floor. I needed the basement living room for my big TV, supporting furniture and pinball machine.

Went to the Health Unit this morning and got my flu shot. First day they've had them. It's just for the elderly and those with chronic medical conditions. They say I qualify on both counts. It was real quick, just in and out. It took longer to get from the van to the building (just a few minutes) than it did to get the shot and get back out again. From there I went to Lowe's and got a couple of bungee cords. I fitted them to the vans side doors so they can hold the doors open and keep the wind from blowing them shut. The cords stretch to the front and rear bumpers where they hook into the jacking slots in the bumpers. Seems like a worthwhile use for $12. I also picked up a spray bottle to use for the windshield. Since the washer tank is cracked and therefore won't hold water it seems like an easy solution.

Hi all and hope you have a good weekend lined up. The wife and I celebrated our 44th Wedding Anniversary:eek:, yesterday. Man, that is a long time. Not much of anything else new around here other than the weather has finally cooled down to normal. Had my yearly physical last week and all was well except my PSA test was a little high. I have to have another one in two weeks and then see what's up. I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about it, but if I understand correctly, there are several reasons that can cause that other the the big "C". (don't know anything about it...just hoping and praying I guess)

Jeffrey: I took that danged flu shot last week and for the first time ever, had a reaction to it two days later. It was almost like having the flu with the aches and pain, but very little fever. The wife didn't have any problems.

Ya'll have a good'un and you Northern boys dust the cobwebs from your snow blowers: it's a com'in! hehehehehe:p:)

Last edited by a moderator:
...Had my yearly physical last week and all was well except my PSA test was a little high...

I wouldn't really worry about that high PSA. Current thinking is that the PSA is NOT a good test for prostate cancer. In fact there are just as many cases of men with a normal or even low PSA having CA than men with a high PSA.

Even my MD's are no longer running them on any of their pt's, because they're finding out its not really indicative of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back