Coffee Shop XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffery When I had my 66 Caddy Convertible the keys never left the ignition with the top down. I worked in a body shop part time and it was only painted one color once and that only lasted about a year. I sure would like to have that car back now along with my 68 Nova and 70 Monte Carlo. Of the 30 to 35 vehicles I have had those are the only three I would want back. Oh the 64 El Camino would be nice also.

Good morning everyone.

I have to say, between Jeffrey's story about the squirrel and Terry's about the car, I'm highly amused. I have a very vivid imagination so anything you describe becomes a motion picture in my mind. What a way to start your day!

I have most of my day off to myself today. My wife has to WORK! This is a fairly recent development, her working that is. The job she took pays less than her unemployment due to her former high wages. It gets her out of the house though, which is priceless!

I'm hemming and hawing about how I want to paint my Merchant's Row one and two kits. Having these buildings all cast together with windows and all makes for a difficult time in the paint booth. I can't decide if I want to do the whole thing by hand or mask and spray. I'm thinking I'll spray each section the color of the molding and trim, then I'll brush paint the brick. Yup, that's what I'll do. It's amazing how many times I make a decision by the time I finish typing on here. Maybe it's 'saying it out loud'?

Maybe I should get off my my butt and do something. Maybe I shouldn't, that's what days off are for every once in a while.

Have a good day everyone!

Corey you have made some of my modeling easier. I never thought of painting the trim color with spray and then do the brick,siding or whatever. It amazes me at how simple something can be but I always over think everything I do.

Larry, I'm hoping this works out the way I want it to. The few DPM kits I've done have taught me that hand painting inside all of those windows is not my cup of tea. The only problem I see is using too dark of a color for the trim. It will make it hard to paint a contrasting, lighter color. We'll see how it goes. I think I may need to make a trip to the store for more acrylic paints in brick colors.

Went to work this morning, something wrong about pushing a mower while the snow is flying. First time ive ever mowed in the high 30's temps. But hey, the restuarant asked for it to be done, and why turn down a paycheck? :D

Terry and Jeff- Great stories!

Happy Halloween! No trick or Treaters out here but that's no surprise. The youngest person out here is my neighbors grandson who hit 16 not long ago and can't wait for 17 to get here.

My sister had a 1981 Plymouth Horizon that she used when she was in college many years ago--she had nothing but issues with the thing:eek: I can remember an incident--actually three--where she had the car parked and somehow it got clobbered by a woman who had an Audi that sped up and drove right into her car. Well, she got the car fixed at a body shop--guy placed it in the lot ready for her to pick up. Before she got to pick it up, someone in a 1978 Ford LTD missed the turn and WHAMMO!! --right into her car---again. :eek: So--off we go to get it fixed/repaired--again---and again, someone forgot to turn the corner and WHAMMO!!:eek: Her car got clobbered ----AGAIN!! Well, this time they placed the car BEHIND the garage so that nothing would hit her car BEFORE she could pick it up.

That was one of her most frustrating 3 months without wheels:rolleyes::eek:

Good morning folks

It was 37 F as I headed onto the dark highways this morning. Our high will be

I tried to catch up on things around the house this weekend. I got some of the siding washed off where in the back of the house where we were getting algae growing. I am not sure how that was happening. We cleaned up the leaves in the front yard. I also did a few small minor repairs.

We had to fit in some grocery shopping. My wife worked both Saturday and Sunday. My daughter helped out on Saturday.

We then finished decorating the house for Halloween. We have some decorations that do not go out until Halloween. The kids went out trick or treating with their friends. My son was a werewolf and my daughter a knight. We had more kids visit than last year but nowhere near the numbers we used to get. Our street is referred to as Scrooge Street. Our house plus three or four others are the only ones who decorate and give out candy. At Christmas time our street is dark except for our house and one or two others as we are the only ones who decorate for the Holidays.

No trains over the weekend.

Tonight my son has Boy Scouts. It is the last troop meeting before the Fall Court of Honor. We have to remember to turn in all his Merit Badge cards from the summer. He earned Pathfinding, Tracking, Pets, Family Life, Personal Fitness, and Citizen in the Community. They also owe him Mammal Study, Reptile and Amphibian Study, and Swimming from the last Court of Honor.

I expect another crazy week at the office. We are trying to get another project out by the end of the year. We need to advertise by the end of this month and the project is fighting us all the way.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning. It's 66 and mostly cloudy. The high will be 82 and there's a 50% chance of thunderstorms today and a 60% chance of thunderstorms tonight. I hope it's more than just a thunder and light show.

Well it's the first day of a new month. My SS check hit the bank last night so I'll be out paying some bills and getting the first load of groceries. I'll also see if I can stop by Walgreen's today. They have 4 gb SD cards on sale for $13. You know, it's amazing what technology can do today. I've already checked my bank balance and paid 4 bills and I haven't lifted a phone or even left the house yet. If I still have the energy later, and nobody thinks up something for me to do, I intend to get started on rerouting the wiring on the layout. It's a big job but somebody has to do it.

I tried to catch up on things around the house this weekend. I got some of the siding washed off where in the back of the house where we were getting algae growing. I am not sure how that was happening.

Had to do that on the north side of the house a few weeks ago. Simple Green, and scrub brush on a pole and a hose.
Was going along pretty well, til the wife said she's help and picked up the hose. Yup, she has no conception of the fact that a stream of water hitting a solid object has to go somewhere!!:eek: As Murphy's law states, usually off the house and into the husbands face!!:mad:

Thank goodness it's not a weekly chore! Otherwise I'd skip bathing!;)

My cure for algae/mildew on the sides of my trailer is a 5 gallon bucket with a 50/50 mix of bleach and water. Apply it with a dap mop and wait a few minutes then wash off with a water hose.

I'm a newbie here so I think I will just sit and listen for a while. My version of model railroading is " I'll put the blue engine on the tracks and let it run for a while." lol I can't tell one engine from another, but I do like building stuff. I run HO scale on my rail line. :D

I put the Kubota through a workout this afternoon, tilled three gardens and now my hands are really cold. It is a lot cooler out there than I thought it would be. I think when I started it was quite a bit warmer than it is now at 6PM. I started out by burning off the weeds and corn stalks and took off the mower deck and put on the tiller. I had a hard time getting it on well not on but hooked up correctly. I keep forgetting how the drive shaft latch works. Finally figgered it out after about an hour of fussing and cussing. It was a simple fix I was pushing and should have been pulling on that latch. Well will just see if I can remember that for next hear. I forgot form last year to this year. The old remememberber ain't what it used to be.

Welb, we got down to 25F last night so everything got blasted with frost--now we come to having all kinds of raking ahead of us'uns.:eek:

Tomorrow is the start of yet another busy week of getting up really early and doing workshops for work.:rolleyes::eek: Then I'l start another weekend of on calls---NEXT week I'll have OFF!! YAY!!:p:D

The low tonight will be 60. Thunderstorms are expected tonight. I hope it's more than lightning and thunder. We got a little rain today, about enough to clean my windshield. No work on the layout. I had my plan of action ready to go but when I returned from grocery shopping I slipped while getting down from the van and banged up my ankle. It's been pretty hard to get along with today. I took my boot off earlier for a couple of hours and when I went to put it back on it almost wouldn't go on. I had to push my foot in because the ankle was swollen up like a large navel orange. Have to go to town tomorrow to activate a new debit card (has to be done at the banks ATM) and I have to go by the polling place to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back