menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

:rolleyes:

Happy B-Day Julien!!:D:D:D

Welcome to the coffeeshop OddTodd!!
Just to let ya know 2 things.
#1) I started out just letting a pretty red engine run for awhile
and
#2) We are always glad to see newbies. Newbies get to buy food for all us old codgers, until either another newbie joins the group, or his/her credit card bursts into flames!:rolleyes:

Flo! Steak and eggs please for me. I think Rex was grumbling something about Tapioca pudding for himself!:p Put it on the new guys tab!:D;)

Hey.....Go VOTE!

Voting turnout is looking pretty good around here...considering it's raining. Don't believe I've seen an election in Alabama that had so much mud slinging as this one. Can't say my views on here, so l need to clean the House.:rolleyes::D

Finally finished one of Randy's DowntownDeco kits, my first hydrocal kit. It didn't turn out bad at all. Nothing like his, but still a pretty good kit. If you try one, be prepared to paint and weather since that is mostly what it is. His thread on this really helps you get a feel for it.

Now that my civic duty is done for today, it is time to mosey on out to the depot and see what I can mess up.
Ya'll have a good one!:)

Happy birthday Julien.

Good afternoon. It's 63 and cloudy with rain. The high should be 71 and the chance of rain is 80%.

No internet service until almost noon today. Guess something else went wrong along the line last night. The cable guys were out in force this morning trying to find the problem. We finally got some rain last night. It has rained several more times since then. The rainfall amount so far was slightly over half an inch when I checked the gauge this morning and it's been raining in fits and starts since then. Went to town this morning to vote and take care of some errands. I hadn't gotten 2 miles when the wiper arm linkage bushing (piece of plastic) on the drivers side windshield wiper decided it had done enough and tore apart. Couldn't drive far in the rain with the drivers side wiper out of commission. I did a quick roadside repair on it with a zip tie and continued on to town. Stopped at the polling place and did my duty as a citizen and voted for others to to take the jobs held by the clowns currently in office. From there went to an auto parts store and got an assortment pack of wiper arm linkage bushings that included the one I needed. Just 10 minutes of work to install it and I was on my way again. Next stop was Wal-Mart to pick up a few things I needed including a an SD card reader/writer ($8) that could handle the SDHC card I got yesterday. Turns out my antique card reader/writer can't handle the SDHC card. Also picked up some antifreeze while I was at it. The ankle isn't such bad shape today so I may try tackling the layout wiring later. And somebody put a cover on my spare tire that's mounted on the right rear door. I know it wasn't there 2 days ago so it was added very recently. No idea who put it there.

Just took some time to put the front of my van back together. I had to leave the cowl grille (piece between the windshield and hood) off earlier due to the weather. Took over 20 minutes to get the darn thing off in the rain yet it went back on in just a few minutes in better weather, though it was still a very slow rain. Also someone had put super glue on the passenger side wiper arm. Took the use of 2 large wrenches and a screwdriver to pry it off. Upon examination I could see why they used it. The lock tab on the wiper arm was bent. Guess it didn't occur to whoever to simply bend it straight again, or maybe they didn't know how. Who wouldn't know how to fix something that's so simple or just replace the arm completely. The wiper arm holds on securely now without the aid of any glue.

Hey.....Go VOTE!

Voting turnout is looking pretty good around here...considering it's raining. Don't believe I've seen an election in Alabama that had so much mud slinging as this one. Can't say my views on here, so l need to clean the House.:rolleyes::D

Finally finished one of Randy's DowntownDeco kits, my first hydrocal kit. It didn't turn out bad at all. Nothing like his, but still a pretty good kit. If you try one, be prepared to paint and weather since that is mostly what it is. His thread on this really helps you get a feel for it.

Now that my civic duty is done for today, it is time to mosey on out to the depot and see what I can mess up.
Ya'll have a good one!:)

I voted for my DOG'S!:D They can't make much worst mess of things as they are now! Remember to vote for My dog's.... Jerry noodle, "really has a leg up on things" and Jacob(The Moose), "like's to bite stupid people!"

And somebody put a cover on my spare tire that's mounted on the right rear door. I know it wasn't there 2 days ago so it was added very recently. No idea who put it there.
At least they're putting stuff on yours. Somebody stole the cover off the trailer ball on my hitch a couple of nights ago. It's the third and last time it will happen. I'm not going to replace it again, let people get their pants covered in grease from the ball.

At least they're putting stuff on yours. Somebody stole the cover off the trailer ball on my hitch a couple of nights ago. It's the third and last time it will happen. I'm not going to replace it again, let people get their pants covered in grease from the ball.

Your lucky they didnt steal the whole hitch! Up here those are known to walk away when they arent watched. :rolleyes:

Hey.....Go VOTE!

Duty done Chief! :cool: The was I figure it, voting is the price you pay for the ability to b**ch about the job the elected do later! :D

Randys thread has me itchin to get all 3 of the DD kits I have out and built! In fact, I'm thinking of doing the next 4 ft module very urban and nasty, as an extension of my already urban 12 ft of modules. ;)

Today, I treated myself to a new workbench. :D After many years of service and a few moves, the old bench was getting a little tattered, had a few blemishes from a stray Dremel tool, and was a bit wobbly. There was an unused computer table at my Mothers house that was on the "remove it or lose it" list, so I grabbed it. Now its all set up with all the Dremels stored in the old Tower enclosure, Paints in a rack, and detail parts all on top. Toolas are all in trays at the ready. Finally I may finish up those 3 brass Northeastern caboose kits I started 7 years ago!!!:eek::D
workbench.JPG

Pretty sweet huh? All tucked under the basement steps, 10 ft from the layout!

Good morning. It's 56 and cloudy. The high will be 67 and there's a 50% chance of rain.

We have gotten quite a bit of rain here (nearly an inch the last time I checked) and it's about time too. I was starting to think the area was going to dry up and blow away, leaving behind a bunch of people wondering what the heck happened. Yesterday I had made plans for what I was going to do today. Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men. Late yesterday I got a phone call reminding me of an appointment that was made a year ago. That appointment is today at 1:30 in a city south of here in the next parish (county to those in other states). Well, heck, there goes the entire afternoon. Take away the prep time and the time to get there, that just about wipes the entire day. Why do I get this feeling that Murphy has nothing better to do than pick on me? Oh well, such is life. In other news, I still have no idea who put the new tire cover on my spare tire, though I see that my father has just received an issue of JC Whitney. They don't hand those out like candy but usually only to those who have ordered from them. I wonder. I vacuumed out the heater yesterday and fired it up for a test run. Looks like it will be working perfectly for the winter. If not I can always go to Lowe's and snag a new one. It seems so many things today are pre-designed to be landfill fodder. I have a HP all-in-one scanner/copier/printer that didn't even last a year before packing it in. I've been using it as a base on which to set my keyboard and external hard drive for the last year.

Darn Karl, do you actually work on that bench? Mine was once organized, but building one kit took care of that and it never has recovered :D. I also have two more of the DowntownDeco kits that I need to dive into. I've had these things for over a year and the spot I had picked for them now has a spur down the middle. Hmmm! got's to figure out another place: maybe near the steel mill so the workers can get a brew, tattooed, grab a little butt, and then go home to the misses with milk and bread in hand. :D

Well the house got cleaned and I'm happy now. Should make a good balance for all :D BTW: if any of you saw a blue area near T-town on the party voting map, well, that is some of that re-districting that was suppose make the demographics balanced. Well, it went totally the other way and has been that way for years :mad:.

Got to go now and get ready for some Op fun. Enjoy your day!:)

The election is over!:)
Some people won!!:):)
Some people were voted out!!!! :D:D:D

Let's keep an eye on ALL the politicians for the next couple years to see how we should vote next time.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back