Coffee Shop XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steak and potatoes seems like a good choice for dinner.

SteaknPotato.jpg

Good morning. It's 58 and partly cloudy. The high will be 84 and it will be mostly cloudy. The chance for rain today is zero, zip, nada, bopkiss.

After doing a lot of work on my van getting the fuel system straight I've come to the conclusion that my nephew knows next to nothing about working on a vehicle that uses a simple carburetor. He knows the fuel injected systems like the back of his hand but a carb seems to have left him out in the wilderness. The idle and mix settings looked like they had been set by a committee of kindergarten students and the few vacuum lines that are required seemed to go everywhere but where they were supposed to go. It's no wonder he couldn't get it started without priming the heck out of it. It's a wonder it ran at all as it was sucking air from multiple locations. I'm not saying it was easy for me to sort out though. It was somewhat like putting together a complex jigsaw puzzle without knowing what it's supposed to look like. I had to get out my old auto repair manuals and 'go back to school' as it were. It's been many years since I worked on a carburetor myself let alone something that has no electronics. It's been like stepping back in time to a time when things were much simpler and easier to work on. I have it to the point now that I can pump the gas pedal once and it will start on the first crank every time and requires no warm-up. It wasn;t easy for to do as I could only work on it when I had the energy to do so. Even then my work time was only an hour or two. I just about have the bugs worked out of the electrical system and things that worked on a hit-and-miss basis now work as they were intended to. One nice thing is I can get under it without using a jack and there's lots of space to work in. Can't say that for today's cars where you have to be a contortionist with bones of rubber and fingers like limp noodles. For some recreation yesterday I tore down a Bachamnn GP30 to find the source of an Athearn-like growl it was making. The problem was quickly found and as quickly fixed. Somehow the motor had come loose and the vibration it was setting up against the frame was the source of the noise. Two pieces of electrical tape wedged between the motor and the frame took care of the problem. If only my other problems were that easy to fix.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/DSCN2096.jpg

Good morning folks.

Well, there are hundreds of people in front of my store with no interest in men's clothing right now. The inaugural run of the Mankato Marathon is happening right in front of our store. The roads around us are blocked off and our parking lot is being used for the after race festivities. Oh joy! I think I'll read about trains ALL DAY!:)Nothing else to do since our actual customers will not be able to get to us.

I continued building my next little town last night. While the glue dried on some of my buildings I mocked up the new town. I taped a few wall sections of future kits together to get an idea of spacing. Then I placed them so I could lay out the streets. My streets are paved temporarily with two inch painters tape at a double width. This is a small town so four inches should be wide enough for the proper feel. I also left an inch for sidewalks. I have to say, this little town could end up being a favorite part of the layout. My only problem is that this is the section my cat likes to lay on and watch me work. He'll have to know that he's been evicted! I'm pretty excited to continue on with this new project.

Other than that I don't know much.;)

Have a good day everyone.

Weekend is a go!:D Ryan and I mowed 10 lawns and got them done @12:00! then we came home mowed our lawn, washed the truck, and got dinner going. Tonight it's going to be beef stew!Mmmmmmmmmm:p yummy!

The next door neighbor is gone. He got all his stuff loaded up in a 14 foot U-Haul and left out this evening. Nobody's sad to see him go. My niece has plans to buy the land and dispose of the trailer. She can combine the land with what she has and build a house on it.

Anybody have one of those little worthless computers from the late 70's, early 80's lying around? Something about the size of that little pc (what a joke) Timex came out with. Any really small computer will do but it has to be non-op and free. I intend to attach some wires to it and secure it inside the engine compartment of my van. The next time some know-it-all counter man says he has to hook up a diagnostic computer, well the opportunity is just too good to pass up. Just watching him try to find an adapter for it would be priceless!
I just found this one near where I live. It isn't quite free, but you may be able to negotiate the price a bit further downward:
http://greensboro.craigslist.org/sys/2022373374.html

This one's even less, and may be just what you're looking for...http://greensboro.craigslist.org/sys/2022359229.html

I was busy assembling a Kato SD40, and removing the %$%$# capacitors from my Genset.

Well, opening rifle season was a success! Our wildlife population is really growing up there. Ive been going there for 8 years, and never have i seen a coyote, in the last 3 years, i havent even heard them howl! This weekend i saw my first coyote! We were driving into town and it ran in front of us. My dad said its one of, if not the biggest one hes ever seen. Besides coyotes, the bears are still running around, i saw the sow and her cubs last year. A new creature is in the woods this year! Get this, i was walking through the woods hoping to kick something up when i walked by a rub on an average size tree. I thought to myself "cool, we know the bucks have moved through here then". No more than 20 steps do i take when i walk right to the biggest rub ive ever seen! The tree was probably 7 inches across and the rub went 6ft up the side of the tree!!! I kept going, and found the largest pile of poo ive ever seen! I finish my walk and head back to camp. I took a ride on the wheeler and went to the old camp. One of the members there works for the DEC. I told him what i found and he said he saw it too, told me there are not only 1 but 3 moose running around up their! I guess its a mature Cow and her calf and a young bull. Theres pictures of the bull but i havent seen them yet.

I didnt see any deer while hunting, but i found out where they are crossing and set up a stand. The first watch on saturday morning i got called off of watch early. Why? Apparently there was a coyote pack running something near me. My dad heard them (300yds away) and his friend heard them (500 yds from my dad) but I never heard them, save for maybe one little "yelp" that sounded like it was coming from a different direction :confused:. I guess my dad didnt want me and the dogs to meet while they were hunting and i only had a single shot because i used my muzzleloader. Kinda cool that i almost had 2 coyote encounters on one weekend, but ive never even seen one in the rest of the 8 yrs ive been going their :D

Have a good one!

Hey guy's,

My weekend with my son has come to an end:( but spending the eveing with a special someone helps bring back the sunshine! Hope you enjoy the pic's... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back