Coffee Shop XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffery- do you know if the Airstream is still in production by BUSCH?

I did a quick search and did not see it, but I did not check Caboose Hobbies yet.
Thanks, Mikey

Jeffery- do you know if the Airstream is still in production by BUSCH?

I did a quick search and did not see it, but I did not check Caboose Hobbies yet.
Thanks, Mikey
As far as I know yes. The first run brought up some ugly trademark issues but from what I understand those issues have been resolved and Busch is once again making the Airstream models. The new ones have the Airstream name across the front. I got mine on Ebay and it indeed is brand new. There wasn't even a partial print on it and I can tell you the shiny surface retains fingerprints very well. I got it for under $20. The seller was Zugmeister Trains. Here's a link to the Airstream trailer.

I have to agree on the Accurail discussion earlier. I like them because they're cheap and made in the USA.

Not much else is going on right now. Still only working about once every 4 days, I'm getting to know the hotel staff better by the day. I would post some pictures I have of the roundhouse in Manly, but I need to be on my home computer to download the pictures then I need to hook up the internet again.

Have a good day!

Hi fellows! I have only been looking through the window since returning from our camping trip. All has been well at this end; just busy with Fall clean-up, etc. Camping was a lot of fun and we had perfect weather. The fishing was off, but we did manage a couple of fish fry's from our catch.

Finally, I had my NMRA AP judging for my electrical certificate and now the paper work w/supporting diagrams are on the way to Regional (then National).

Now for the BIG ONE: The wife and I have been chained together for 45 years today! WOW! That is awhile and with lots of ups and downs, but we both worked hard to always have more ups.

Guys in the Northeast: Hope your snow blowers start-up!!!:eek::D

Jeffery- Thanks for the Airstream info and links.
I think I'm going to get at least one.

Rex- congrats on the 45th anniversary. It is definitely an adventure, hopefully without too much adversity.
I started on my partnership about 4 months behind you.:)

Good afternoon. It's 52° and cloudy. The high will be 63° and mostly cloudy. There's a 30% chance of rain.

This morning I went into town and got my flu shot. They told me it has a tendency to make the injection area burn a bit but so far I haven't felt a thing. I received my latest acquisition today. A Model Power 'Granite Rock' covered hopper. I've already cut of the truck mounted coupler boxes and body mounted Kadee #242 boxes and #5 couplers. It's sure a small thing, standing only twelve scale feet rail head to roofwalk and is thirty-six scale feet coupler head to coupler head. In comparison the Front Range covered hopper I was working on yesterday stands sixteen scale feet and is forty scale feet from coupler head to coupler head. I won't be doing much today as I'm still not feeling well.

P1012554.jpg

Jeffrey: Is there a\or could you post a how to on cutting coupler boxes from trucks and attaching new coupler boxes on cars? I see then done, but would like to see one done step by step so to speak. I have several I want to do that with, but not real sure where to begin.
I'll see if I can do a step by step with photos on the next one I do. I'm expecting a Tyco reefer in the coming week. It should be a good subject.

Hi fellows! I have only been looking through the window since returning from our camping trip. All has been well at this end; just busy with Fall clean-up, etc. Camping was a lot of fun and we had perfect weather. The fishing was off, but we did manage a couple of fish fry's from our catch.

Finally, I had my NMRA AP judging for my electrical certificate and now the paper work w/supporting diagrams are on the way to Regional (then National).

Now for the BIG ONE: The wife and I have been chained together for 45 years today! WOW! That is awhile and with lots of ups and downs, but we both worked hard to always have more ups.

Guys in the Northeast: Hope your snow blowers start-up!!!:eek::D

Say Rex,

Happy Aniversary to both of you!

David Smith

Good Afternoon to all,

Not to much going on here but clean-up and Fall preparation for the coming rainy season which includes a close roof inspection and patching on the house for now and I'm going to put a metal roof on the tool shed as it's really bad at least on the South side. I may also do the same on the house too but a little bit at a time due to the cost.

I'm also starting to do a bit more on the C&S West SL too, it's a lot of fun to actually try and visualize how you like things to turn out and then create the scene so it looks as natural as possible.

Have a great day!

Rex
Congrats to you on 45 years! My deepest condolences to your bride!:D:rolleyes:;)

As far as the AP certs,,,,,keep up the good work! You'le get that MMR yet!
I've got 1, and as soon as tyhe holidays are over, I'll get started in ernest on mine. Nothing building a 26x32 layout can't help earn!:eek:

Good job, Rex. Staying married for more than a couple years seems to be a big problem for a lot of people these days. I was a groomsman at a wedding last year, and they're on the rocks already. It seems like people who fall in love quickly also manage to fall out even faster.

In January, my wife and I will me married 50 years. We can't think of any way to to make it special, but we'll come up with something. I've thought about renewing our vows, etc., etc., but why bother? The first ones seem to be working well enough. ;)

Happy 45th anniversary Rex. My parents are are somewhere on their mid-fifties of marriage. That's a long time to pick up anyone's socks.

Took my mother into town this evening to Market Basket as she's not supposed to drive after dark. That doesn't stop her sometimes if she figures she just has to make it to a clothing sale at Stage. Anyways she got the vegetables, cheese, meat and fruit she needed and I got $20 worth of rice and pasta dinners and a jar of sliced olives. She paid for it as that was my fee for taking her there and back. Also dropped a letter at the post office then went by Burger King to get a side order of bacon for her poodles. They like the BK bacon but absolutely will not touch the McDonald's bacon. I guess they like the fat. The Mickey D's stuff is lean. Taking the bags from the car to the house was work enough by itself but in the shuffle the BK bag got lost. I searched the car and the area between the car and the house several times, checked where my mother set her purse and coats, yeah you read right, I said coats. The woman's a lizard! It can 75 degrees out and she's cold. I'm hunting for an air conditioner because I'm hot. My father's the same way. Both of my sisters are hot house plants. The hotter it is the better they like it. I finally found the bag with bacon. It was in behind the right front wheel of the car. After all that exercise I shouldn't need any for the next few days! I'm sore enough as it is. Walking for me is hard work. If you wonder how simply walking can be hard just strap on a fifty pound back pack and put on a shoe with a normal sole (right foot) and a shoe with a sole two and half inches thick (left foot) and try to maintain a somewhat steady rhythm. Add a bad back, sore hips, low energy reserve and nerve problems due to diabetes and meningitis and you're going to be real sore in a hurry. Why the odd shoes? That's to mimic what I have to put up with. My left leg is two and a half inches longer than the right leg. My father is seventy-seven and is in better health overall than I am.

Good evening folks.

Happy Anniversary Rex!:D

You guys out east can have the snow for now. Once we get snow it doesn't leave until April!

It's been a busy week around here. The boss's father died last weekend so we closed the store Wednesday for the funeral. I have never seen a burial with military honors. I have to say, it was quite moving. I couldn't help but think of the numbers of WWII vets dieing each day. Those Honor Guards must keep very busy.

I'm also still getting over whatever sickness I had last week. I can't believe I still don't feel 100%.:(

On another note, I ordered new decals for my two favorite steam locomotives. They are currently wearing NKP and Rock Island which is all wrong! I know decaling them with CNW doesn't make them perfect matches for the CNW versions of these locomotives, but it'll help. I just hope I don't screw it up!:) I guess it's time to study up on original paint removal and decal application.

It's time for bed to see if I can sleep away this fatigue. Have a good night everyone.

Good Morning all,

It's currently 24* and heading for a high of 40*.

Thursday night was the last football game of the season for us. It was played on the worst field I have ever played on. Our worst practice field was several times better than this one. This field was absolutely covered in 3-4 incites of water and sloppy mud. However, it did snow about 2 inches so I got to fulfill one of my dreams of playing a football game in the snow. I played receiver and was not thrown any passes due to the inclement weather.

The plan for today is to continue splitting wood. I have probably 2 more hours if just splitting, then at least 2 more in stacking.

There's a minor time constraint on this project though, were supposed to get
4-8 inches of snow today. I suppose i should at least try to start the snowblower, its only 7:30 and i can hear at least one nieghbor running his. This storm is exciting for me, it's about time that we get an early snowfall for hunting. The rut should be beginning in a week or so, which is very good. It does appear that Halloween costumes will be covered by winter jackets this year. It's not something that hasn't happened before, but probably a bit of a bummer for those who still trick or treat.

Rex- congrats on 45, that's quite the milestone. Congratulations on your recent awards as well.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back